Discovery Gaming Community
Credits-per-hour limitations - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Credits-per-hour limitations (/showthread.php?tid=37188)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Credits-per-hour limitations - Politus - 03-25-2010

' Wrote:Really? I remember a lot of talk on how it allowed silent F1ing powertraders to acquire cattle-bruisers far more quickly than was intended... though most of it blurred into the fact that the route went through Chugoku. Eh.

We've illustrated that faster money appears to make people bitch more, and be more cutthroat all around. "Grand Community Mining Experiment" and all that. I'm not convinced that any buff to the system will do any good- buffing mining made 2mordai into 10mordai, after all.

So? That's why we should give mining ships their own, custom, rapid-fire, 0 energy SNAC's with extremely high velocities.

Credits-per-hour limitations - Kazinsal - 03-25-2010

I think the credits-per-hour cap is really quite stupid. I mean, come on. Capwhores and lolwuts are still getting cap8 BSes in mere days. Nerfing everything worth trading/mining to less than a third of how it was isn't going to solve anything. If anything, it's going to piss people off.

Credits-per-hour limitations - Cawdor - 03-25-2010

Well, the plan is that in those weeks of trading and repping they have to do, they will most likely realize by the power of their intelligence that owning a cap is actually a pretty retarded thing as its limited use is IN NO WAY worth the time spent in being random pirate fodder.

And even if it doesn't work for some, at least it frustrated 'em! darn suckers! :tease:

Edit: Anything smaller than a GB costs 30-40 mil max with equipment. So I'd say its fair game.

Credits-per-hour limitations - Akura - 03-25-2010

1. So people have to work for nice things.

2. So people will trade, giving trade RP and Piracy RP a chance.

Credits-per-hour limitations - Kazinsal - 03-25-2010

I haven't seen any indie pirates other than a select few friends of mine say more than 10milrdai. Piracy RP my pasty white ass.

Credits-per-hour limitations - Cawdor - 03-25-2010

what you didn't mention there is how many traders they actually blow off the skies on a daily basis:P

Because, in this context, THATS what counts >:D

Credits-per-hour limitations - sovereign - 03-25-2010

' Wrote:2. So people will trade, giving trade RP and Piracy RP a chance.

^ this is the real reason.

Jinx wrote a giant post on it a year or so back, wish I'd saved it. Without traders, everything else withers.

See 4.84 and Gallia for examples.

Credits-per-hour limitations - Tenacity - 03-25-2010

I gave up on trading long ago. Every now and then I'll do some random cargo run, but I hardly even play my trade characters aside from that.

99% of my credit income is from doing graphic requests on the forums now, and I make a hell of a lot more doing that than I ever did trading.

Credits-per-hour limitations - Politus - 03-25-2010

' Wrote:1. So people have to work for nice things.

2. So people will trade, giving trade RP and Piracy RP a chance.

Regarding the first part, it's a game. The moment it becomes work, a job, and not recreation, it stops being a game. Anyone who justifies boring trading in a game with that reason needs to look up "recreation" in the dictionary.

Second reason is fairly decent.

Credits-per-hour limitations - jimmy Patterson - 03-25-2010

as i said

BALLANCEING FOR IDIOCY KILLS GAMES

*drills it into everybodys head with an offshore oil rig**