Discovery Gaming Community
Need help with FL HUD customisation - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Need help with FL HUD customisation (/showthread.php?tid=40171)

Pages: 1 2 3

Need help with FL HUD customisation - stasis - 05-17-2010

Hmm i dowloaded this and just wanna ask that are u sure that thease new huds are allowed in Discovery Rp 24/7 server?

Kinda noobish question but I wanna be sure:)

Need help with FL HUD customisation - Akura - 05-17-2010

Well it doesn't give you any benefits, and it's untraceable.

The only modding that isn't allowed is anything that changes your game files to give you an advantage, tinting the colour can actually help people with sight problems play as well as the rest of us.

I use the steel black one because it's less stressful.

Need help with FL HUD customisation - stasis - 05-17-2010

' Wrote:Well it doesn't give you any benefits, and it's untraceable.

The only modding that isn't allowed is anything that changes your game files to give you an advantage, tinting the colour can actually help people with sight problems play as well as the rest of us.

I use the steel black one because it's less stressful.

Hmm Okey. Thanks for the fast answer.

Now I go trade and test my new HUD:D

Need help with FL HUD customisation - aerelm - 05-17-2010

' Wrote:The only modding that isn't allowed is anything that changes your game files to give you an advantage
Like accidentally replacing loot-related .ini files instead of texture ones... >.>
*Coughs* Like I did! *Coughs*

Need help with FL HUD customisation - Rommie - 05-17-2010

The link doesn't seem to work anymore...could someone reupload it please?

EDIT-Works now.

Need help with FL HUD customisation - Cannon - 05-21-2010

Guys, you're using material from other mods without permission with discovery. The authors and developers of these other mods may, probably will, take offense at this. They made this stuff for their mods, not for use with discovery. I ask you guys to do the following:

- Please remove links to the material from other mods from this forum,
- Or obtain permission from the authors/developers of this material and state that you do have permission,
- And make discovery specific variants (completely new ones, not based off work from another mod) and submit them for inclusion in the mod so that all discovery players can share in the work.

It is true that there's nothing we can do to stop you modifying your own FL installation. I just ask that you don't discuss doing this using material with other mods on this forum.

The reason for this is that we try to be good neighbours with the rest of the freelancer community. This includes never using work without permission from other mods. When you post on this forum about it, other communities form an opinion like "oh, those discovery guys, the ones who steal stuff" - even though you're doing this unofficially. We don't want this reputation.

Need help with FL HUD customisation - Seth Karlo - 05-21-2010

I'll have a go at creating a custom HUD guys:)Anything people want to request?

-Seth

Need help with FL HUD customisation - Akura - 05-21-2010

Fair enough Cannon.

Done and done...

Need help with FL HUD customisation - Tenacity - 05-21-2010

' Wrote:I'll have a go at creating a custom HUD guys:)Anything people want to request?

-Seth

I'd like an orange HUD.

Need help with FL HUD customisation - Seth Karlo - 05-21-2010

I'll try:P