Discovery Gaming Community
Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) (/showthread.php?tid=40994)

Pages: 1 2

Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) - Chase - 06-01-2010

' Wrote:Oh. I feel ignorant. I thought that the GC wanted to make Kusari into an almost ant-hill like entity, where the men's only purpose is to do mass amounts of strenuous labor and impregnate women (and not in a fun way).

Edit: Wow. I just read the Wiki article, and now I feel like a complete idiot.
It's an easy mistake. Not to mention it can go both ways. My character does think that women are better than men, but is happy with simply gaining equality.

More like... Oh we really really want a woman in power, but any change is good in our eyes... type of thing (Which is why we ally with the Dragons).

The GC ARE leftist though, as in, we want more outside integration and aren't as xenophobic, you got that part right.

Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) - Ceoran - 06-01-2010

It's a mistake that occurs if you ever met the consortium while they were talking about "forced breeding".

Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) - Blodo - 06-01-2010

I'd take a guess and say that Trent's political spectrum was kind of limited to "revolutionary = must be far left".

Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) - ... kur nubėgo? - 06-01-2010

Shogunates it's feodalism. Hello. And it's deffinatly not communism.

Blood dragons are just fighting to place their shogunate as dominating one in the kusari, and re-build Hydeoshi dynasty. Well they are outlaw now.

But as blodo said. Most likely people in disco thinks about only far left revolutions too : D not only trent. Strange tendency.

Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) - Supercow - 06-01-2010

I think the idea may come from one line in the SP campain:

At one point Trent says "Joining the ranks of the radical left" to Juni, when they start interacting with blood dragons.

I never understood why the blood dragons were suposed to be on the left either. Maybe to Trent, anyone who is against their goverment is automatically an anarchist pinky commy.

Juni rolled her eyes and walked away, if I remember correctly as if Trent said something pretty stupid.

Maybe he was wrong that they are on the left, but maybe its just a common reaction of Juni to anything Trent says.

I hated having to be Trent. He is an idiot. He follows Juni around like a dog, he never knows what he is doing and all he ever does is follow Juni's instruction, he is never in charge of everything. And then he tries to land a few funny lines which are totally stupid and cheesy and everyone laughs because the want to be polite and they need him as cannonfodder. What a total door mat. Berk.

Back on topic...

Who knows what "left" and "right" mean in the day and age they are living in. There probably isnt a very large working class anymore because of robotization. Maybe other social issues like womens rights are more important then, and since the BDs are allied to the GCs...

Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) - ... kur nubėgo? - 06-01-2010

' Wrote:I hated having to be Trent. He is an idiot. He follows Juni around like a dog, he never knows what he is doing and all he ever does is follow Juni's instruction, he is never in charge of everything. And then he tries to land a few funny lines which are totally stupid and cheesy and everyone laughs because the want to be polite and they need him as cannonfodder. What a total door mat. Berk

it's to keep the linear campaing imo.

Yet I overheard that "radical left" thing. Most likely missinterpreation.

Feodalism don't really have much incommon with communism. And blood dragons just trying to put their feodal in the thrown.

Blood Dragons: Communists? (Or at least in the Far Left) - Marcus Lindberg - 06-01-2010

The reference to the 'left' is a reference to 'liberalism'.

Contrary to what most people think, 'liberals' are not those who demand more freedom or liberty. Its true definition is 'different', where as conservative are those who believe in 'conserving' the culture a country has been leaving with for lengthy periods of time.

Thus it makes all sense that she referred to the Blood Dragons as the far left, because, at the time, their ideas were much more different than what was accepted in a Kusari run by Samura. If the Blood Dragons took power, they would close off Kusari to all foreign investments as they regard it as a poison to traditional Kusari culture, which at this day and age, is very radical, very far, a very...leftist way of thinking.

Now you might ask why aren't the Blood Dragons considered 'conservative' since they are trying to preserve the culture which was dominant 5 centuries ago...well, that was 5 centuries ago, where the culture was different, where the Blood Dragons would be considered conservative. However, as Kusari's culture has changed so that they are not as xenophobic as they used to be, the Blood Dragons are the ones who became liberal, as their culture is very different than the one in Samura run Kusari at present day.