Discovery Gaming Community
M26 Class Corsair Gunboat - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: M26 Class Corsair Gunboat (/showthread.php?tid=41076)

Pages: 1 2 3

M26 Class Corsair Gunboat - Carlos_Benitez - 06-02-2010

Corsair heavy transport.

M26 Class Corsair Gunboat - Linkus - 06-02-2010

Three problems:

1. It doesn't exist in the mod files anymore. The model was replaced, as in the file is gone.

2. It doesn't exist inRP anymore, according to the wiki that is.

3. It's an import that everyone wanted replaced and it got replaced, twice.

M26 Class Corsair Gunboat - FooFighter - 06-02-2010

I don't think any faction should produce it - but it'd be pretty cool to have it buyable on, say, for example, Junker bases. iRP, the Lunchbox got phased out in favor of the new (and much less iconic) Imperator - it'd make sense for a lot of them to still be in private hands.

M26 Class Corsair Gunboat - Mr.Fabulous - 06-02-2010

' Wrote:Three problems:

1. It doesn't exist in the mod files anymore. The model was replaced, as in the file is gone.

2. It doesn't exist inRP anymore, according to the wiki that is.

3. It's an import that everyone wanted replaced and it got replaced, twice.

1.) THEN GET IT BACK AGAIN!!! :P

2.) NOT TRUE! Didn't you read the fine print? Junkers MAY have had taken the plans... only rumor though, so it's only a possibility.

3.) THEN REWORK IT!!! DUH!!! You made the Praefect, why not the Lunchbox that people knew and loved?

M26 Class Corsair Gunboat - Carlos_Benitez - 06-02-2010

The basic model of the lunchbox can be reworked to be un-importy. We've seen it done with countless models before, that are now no-longer classed as imports.

As for the stuff about old ones being destroyed, it's only a little phrase on the wiki written by a complete muppet (:looks around innocently:) and isn't exactly woven into lore; it was written in to explain the sudden absence of all M26s from the universe after 80 years. If remnants of the once-huge Corsair Lunchbox fleet are put back in, be it as transports or whatever, then we can get rid of that phrase which I put in to plug the plot-hole opened by the 4.85 switch.

A reworked model of the old M26 could make a magnificent Corsair+Junker+Gaian smuggler transport.

M26 Class Corsair Gunboat - Tomtomrawr - 06-02-2010

The idea of an entire shipline disappearing overnight is quite absurd.

I believe that the Corsairs would have sold the obsolete M26s to various people so they could fund the development of the new model. Or people could have replicated the technology from M26s that may have been captured or bought.

The idea of bringing the M26 back as a sort of independant gunboat is one that I approve.

M26 Class Corsair Gunboat - Govedo13 - 06-02-2010

I must agree with Carlos here - Corsairs to fly P transp with Molly/Rogue insignia makes me :crazy:. The second weird thing is that Corsairs gave the technology to Hogosha to have heavy armoured transport and they dont use it. Make this if you can. Corsairs need their own heavy transport. Dont give the indies gunboat please! They can relieve one RPing without problem.

M26 Class Corsair Gunboat - Blaze - 06-02-2010

Yus. Mercs need one

M26 Class Corsair Gunboat - Govedo13 - 06-02-2010

' Wrote:Yus. Mercs need one
For? I dont see any reason why merc must fly unlimited in Sirius with gunboat? To collect bounties in it bah? Remember the BHG all solaris cruisers around who collected bounties on fighters? No thank you.

M26 Class Corsair Gunboat - Ark - 06-02-2010

BHG can still collect in gunboats. No one is advocating a mercenary cruiser.