Discovery Gaming Community
Armored Transport - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Armored Transport (/showthread.php?tid=4121)

Pages: 1 2

Armored Transport - uspatriotsf - 10-07-2007

Current version: Freighter is anything under 1000 cargo. Armored Transport has 480 cargo. Thus, as of right now on the RP server, Neutral ID is allowed on the Armored Transport.

ANSWER: YES IT IS ALLOWED

When 4.84 is final: Freighter is anything under 500 cargo. Armoured Transports has 525 cargo. Thus, as of the final release on the RP server, Neutral ID is not allowed on the Armored Transport.

ANSWER: (In a month or so) NO IT IS NOT ALLOWED

Armored Transport - Drake - 10-07-2007

' Wrote:400? 500? Where are you guys getting those numbers?

Anyway, anything over 1000 cargo is called as a Transport. Anything below is Freighter... No, an Armored Transport would be classed as a Freighter. Even though it says Transport. Why? Because its under 1000 cargo. Same deal with The Whale, it reads as a Frieghter, but is classed as a Transport.

Igiss has stated in a thread that anything over 500 cargo is a Transport, not 1000. This was in a pre-beta thread, which means that rule would apply in the current version. 1000 is a number that's been floating around the community since before I got here, but I've never seen anyone with any real authority (an Admin) say 1000. And if you look at the rules thread, it's officially set at 500+ in the beta and beyond.

The Armored Transport isn't just called a 'transport' in it's info card, it's actually named 'Transport'. And the fact that it's listed under Transports in the readme file, whereas all the freighters are listed in with the fighters, supports my argument.

Armored Transport - uspatriotsf - 10-07-2007

OK, but the fact that it only has 480 cargo (which is<500) contradicts your arguement.

Not to mention this (read the portion in the parenthesis):
Quote:7.14 (Rule comes into effect after Discovery 4.84 release) For purposes of the server rules, all light fighters, heavy fighters, very heavy fighters, super heavy fighters, and bombers are considered fighters; cargo ships with cargo hold less than 500 units are considered freighters; cargo ships with cargo hold more than 500 units, including liners, are considered transports; gunboats, cruisers (including destroyers and battlecruisers), battleships (including dreadnoughts) are considered capital ships.

Armored Transport - Drake - 10-07-2007

' Wrote:OK, but the fact that it only has 480 cargo (which is<500) contradicts your arguement.

Not to mention this (read the portion in the parenthesis):

Actually, my current argument is that it's listed under 'Transports' in the readme file, so that makes it a transport unless an Admin comes out with some errata.

Armored Transport - Doom - 10-07-2007

this thread has been answered before....

' Wrote:Also, transports are all trading vessels with cargo capacity above 500. Freighters are trading vessels with cargo capacity below 500. I'll be changing Armored Transport cargo capacity to reflect this change (from 480 to, say, 540).

Armored Transport - zethis - 10-07-2007

' Wrote:Actually, my current argument is that it's listed under 'Transports' in the readme file, so that makes it a transport unless an Admin comes out with some errata.

I could be wrong but I just went in the readme and its listed under "Trading Vessels"

But I shall repeat what I said before.

7.14 (Rule comes into effect after Discovery 4.84 release) For purposes of the server rules, all light fighters, heavy fighters, very heavy fighters, super heavy fighters, and bombers are considered fighters; cargo ships with cargo hold less than 500 units are considered freighters; cargo ships with cargo hold more than 500 units, including liners, are considered transports; gunboats, cruisers (including destroyers and battlecruisers), battleships (including dreadnoughts) are considered capital ships.

Armored Transport - Igiss - 10-08-2007

What's so confusing about that? Right now on RP server we are living under the old rule; when 4.84 beta will be installed on RP (this is gonna happen sometime - at least I hope so), then we'll be using the 500 cargo rule. Simple.