Discovery Gaming Community
So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 (/showthread.php?tid=41525)

Pages: 1 2 3

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - mjolnir - 06-09-2010

HW I is has much better story and atmosphere for me.

Yes it's nice to play II as well, but it feels like a cheap sequel. Specially if you read how it was planned to be in the first place.. now that would have been fun. Instead it ended a bit like Freelancer, cut short and re-leased too early. So a nice game, but not as awesome as HW I.

Ohh btw one of the things that I wondered most about..... the Dreadnought which is the key to the gate should be part of the bridge of the Progenitor ship which was only one... then suddenly the other fella has another one... lolwut?

About the same with the indestructible keeper ship, the 1st one fits nicely with the storyline ... and then suddenly there are some 6 of them comming out of nowhere and with no visible connection in the story... lolwut again?

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - Not Espi - 06-09-2010

i looooooove the ambience in this game. music, and backgrounds are pure sex!

kudos to the artists on those:)

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - SeaFalcon - 06-09-2010

I got it myself a few weeks back.
Got me a few mods after completing the campaign.
And the mover missions kept eating me.

For the Star Wars freak here. Get the Warlords mod.
tip: don't get to much cash rewards or your credit acount gets all buggy.

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - Fletcher - 06-09-2010

' Wrote:I couldn't get it to work after I switched to W7:(
Thats very strange, I've had no issues at all on my Windows 7 64 bit Pro. Although the game doesn't recognize my graphics card, but I can still ramp the graphics high. Try the compatibility options.

' Wrote:HW I is has much better story and atmosphere for me.

Yes it's nice to play II as well, but it feels like a cheap sequel. Specially if you read how it was planned to be in the first place.. now that would have been fun. Instead it ended a bit like Freelancer, cut short and re-leased too early. So a nice game, but not as awesome as HW I.
Ohh btw one of the things that I wondered most about..... the Dreadnought which is the key to the gate should be part of the bridge of the Progenitor ship which was only one... then suddenly the other fella has another one... lolwut?

About the same with the indestructible keeper ship, the 1st one fits nicely with the storyline ... and then suddenly there are some 6 of them comming out of nowhere and with no visible connection in the story... lolwut again?
The dreadnought part did make me go "Wait, what? I fought all them and Makaan gets a free one? Lame!".

Them Keeper's make some sense though, sure there was one at first, but the Graveyard was huge, I mean really huge. The woken one must have reactivated the others. They were connected, they were guardians of the technology. Or maybe tests? Who knows.

Homeworld 1 does have a better story.

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - Cawdor - 06-09-2010

granted, the story isn't as spectacular as homeworld 1 (which is unplayable these days tbh - looks far worse than FL) but the Multiplayer of hw2 is better than any other. I thought cataclysm had a really good campaign! I really enjoyed it. But the multiplayer was just some spam fest where everyone just tried to get to BCs and SBS asap as they could kill any unit. I really didn't enjoy that. Hw2 on the other hand demands some diversity.

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - Fletcher - 06-09-2010

I never played online with any Homeworld, but the Cataclysm story, I loved it. It had the sense of danger, the Beast made me crap myself when I saw the cruise missiles get to close. Not to mention I screamed in fury when my dreadnought got 'absorbed' by that ancient weapon the Beast now controlled.

The Taiidan... they'll stop at nothing...

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - RedEclipse - 06-09-2010

The most favourite game line. It's reason why I made a fan site(link in profile). But story of HW2 too primitive(сompared with HW, HW:C), it's good only for possibility making deep modding. Hope THQ in some good day will announce HW3 trailer :rolleyes:And I hope they don't repeat errors of HW2.

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - jakub963 - 06-09-2010

Yus, HW series is PWN-ASS. I finished SP of 2 many times, then i tried some mods. The best one gave subsystems to, even, fighters. Plus addinational ships, weapons, hell, destroyers got gaus cannons. Plus editable loadouts (smelled like FL but strategy), pure awesometastic.

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - Cawdor - 06-09-2010

best mod I encountered thus far is the complex mod. It essentially turns hw2 into a real time X4 game. And yes the name is there for a reason. Takes ages to get into it.

So I reinstalled Homeworld 2 - RedEclipse - 06-09-2010

Cawdor, try FX one;)Not balanced yet, but lot of fun.