Discovery Gaming Community
Cutlass/Falcata debate - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Cutlass/Falcata debate (/showthread.php?tid=42941)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Cutlass/Falcata debate - Irra - 06-29-2010

They are same 99% but I like Cutlass more just because it fits BW line perfectly ( not roundish ) but then again I have Falcata so if it gets added like new ship it will replace my Falcata (because its Merc ) or not.. so many questions..

When we are again talking about these.. what will happen to IMG guys that use CR ships and will they have their ships replaced for IMG ships or players will have to do it alone?

Cutlass/Falcata debate - Doom - 06-29-2010

currently Falcata stays as is, while cutlass is introduced as new model...cutlass will be BW ship... and Falcata becomes pure outcast

Current IMG ship line (those dark blue /red models) will go to CR. IMG instead gets whole new ship line. No IMG player will have to rebuy the ship. Cost of rebuying will pay boys from CR.
Only ship that will go to CR is Zephyr. After 4.86 it will be available only if CR wants to sell you one. Previous owners can keep their ships, or can sell them back to CR for certain profit.

Cutlass/Falcata debate - schlurbi - 06-29-2010

Two Devs, two different Answers :sleep:

Cutlass/Falcata debate - Jinx - 06-29-2010

or that way - less paperwork.

and yes - i m sure outcasts would wanne have the cutlass as "theirs" more, cause its a higher quality model - but logic would suggest that its rather BW ( civilian ) as its more similar to daggers / sabres - which are civilian.

anyway - appears we get both - and outcasts can fly BW ships, too - if they so want. ( although its appreciated when they fly their own ships if they have a shipclass of its kind )

@schlurbi:

whats the big deal - no one gets screwed. - falcata players either keep the falcata - or they get the cutlass or the other way round. - if you don t like what you fly, its not like it costs 700 million to replace it. worst case is that you ll have a buy a new bomber, which is like 20 minutes of trading max - and i m sure ppl can pay for a new bomber easily. - the cutlass will come, and it will be available to the players flying a falcata now - and isn t that all thats required?

edit:

@sead... its quite cute - but igiss doesn t make these decisions.... you can trust mjolnir, doom or others. - if answers are contradictory, its cause its not 100% clear yet - or cause some are not as informed about it as other devs. - anyway - igiss won t know more about it - its what you d call - "lower management stuff"

Igiss please!!

PLEASE!!!

Edit: I would like Cutlass to replace Falcata (looks better.. fits more)
Keeping Falcata as outcasts without their own line.. ( roundish sabre, switchblade, dagger ) is a bit stupid for me.. but its just me..

Cutlass/Falcata debate - Doom - 06-29-2010

what i said about cutlass/falcata stays...i checked how they are in game and cutlass is added as new ship and currently is not sold on any of outcast bases...

So go figure...

I will say one other thing...if you want for cutlass to be OC only and falcata BW time to say so is now...

if you wish to make a decision - base it on RP and lore - not on "new model is nicer, legenations model sucks" - thats no good basis ...

Cutlass/Falcata debate - schlurbi - 06-29-2010

But why keeping the Falcata then? I mean it looks horrible and I cannot understand why People wish to keep it. The Cutlass is a much nicer Model. The Falcata looks round? How does that fit with the other Ships?

Tridente, Storta, Sarissa and Ranseur all have a lot of Edges. So they are actually based on the Borderworld Ships.

the question is - which one is more BW

its a fighter - its meant to be the next in the line after the sabre - which is not outcast - btw.

the capital ships are outcast based on the BW line concept. - so teh main question is...

will the outcasts be happy with having a freely available BW bomber - or will they claim a bomber for themselves ( exclusive outcast ) - and leave another model to the free market ( falcata ) - or will they leave the cutlass which fits quite well to the sabre to the free market - and keep the falcata.

or will the cutlass alone suffice - and the falcata will be removed completely. ( simple mesh swap )

In RP Cutlass fits more to BW line its looks like bigger Sabre as far as I can remember anyway.. but then what would Falcata be if Outcasts want to keep Cutlass as their ship? Standalone ship.. with no reason why is it there.
Cutlass is 99% same as Falcata and it troubles me.. in RP why would Outcasts develop it?

edit: I have no idea what is lore behind Falcata anyway.. have no idea what's on ship info.