Discovery Gaming Community
Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage (/showthread.php?tid=43259)

Pages: 1 2

Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage - Kazinsal - 07-05-2010

The fact that people believe I'm using this to gain accounts offends me. I'd assume that there would be at least a shred of thought that I may actually just want to do some people favours, you know? I've experienced mass account loss, and I know how bad it is. That's why I want to help people prevent it from happening.

Also, our server has five nines of uptime and I know the host personally, so I'm positive nothing will happen to your accounts. I even plan on taking weekly backups of the databases.

Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage - Nagala - 07-05-2010

No no, i'm not saying you're going to steal them, i'm saying it would have been better to make a guide on how to back up your accounts so people who don't know how can do it themselves rather than charge them 500k/account for it.

@Reaper There's always somewhere to store your ID's. Thumbdrives, CD's, external HD's, free hosting (MSN has a hosting service that is completely free, for an example), your email, hell, you could even put them on a floppy disc.

Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage - Kazinsal - 07-05-2010

Let's put it this way. Would you rather pay a few million credits (that you can make back in a few minutes of trading in-system) every month to keep your accounts backed up and in a place you know they're going to be kept safe and uncorrupted by someone who knows what they're doing, or would you rather take the chance and have your stuff possibly become corrupt on a drive or deleted on the internet somewhere?

I'd rather pay the few million.

Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage - Soul Reaper - 07-05-2010

Still..I'd rather trust my files to a person rather than that MSN thingie, and like I said, it's never bad to have a little extra security for the characters you worked so hard for.

Edit: What Kazinsal said, but I already have 2 people backing up mines, *chuckles*

Also, floppy discs ?

*checks*

oh yeah..the file is only 3 KBs..even floppies can work..but, they're ancient now, so it might be expensive to borrow them from a museum:P

Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage - RonG777 - 07-05-2010

' Wrote:Edit: What Kazinsal said, but I already have 2 people backing up mines, *chuckles*

Also, floppy discs ?

*checks*

oh yeah..the file is only 3 KBs..even floppies can work..but, they're ancient now, so it might be expensive to borrow them from a museum:P

Well how do you really know your accounts are backed up? Kazinal offers a guaranteed file hosting system while your friends do not? . . .

If I was so concerned about losing my accounts that normal means of storage might fail . . (All Jokes Aside) as many has posted here, I would seriously sign up for the guaranteed account storage that Kazinal offers . . .

Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage - hribek - 07-05-2010

Another method is to print out a hard copy. Unless your whole house burns to ashes. Sometimes it's good to bury it or keep it in another building.

Or just give it to Kaz.

Kazinsal's Secure Account ID Backup and Storage - kuth - 07-05-2010

Nothing wrong with what he is offering.

My personal opinion is that if you are going to send him the account file, you have to know how to export it yourself already. Meaning you could very easily just email it to yourself and let it sit on an email server. You could copy it to a thumb drive, disc, etc etc etc.

Is his service worth the cost in my eyes? No. Others might think it is worth it. Nor his he trying to steal accounts from what I know of him. He is simply trying to help others in exchange for a very small sum of in game credits. Kudos I say.