Discovery Gaming Community
Removal of Mooring points for some bases? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Removal of Mooring points for some bases? (/showthread.php?tid=43267)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Removal of Mooring points for some bases? - Boss - 07-05-2010

First problem:

OUTCASTS IN CALIFORNIA!

GTFO!

SHOO! SHOO! SHOO!

EXORCISMO!

Second:

*cough*Legates and Makos and Jinkusus in Delta*cough*

Removal of Mooring points for some bases? - tansytansey - 07-05-2010

' Wrote:The LABC docks on Riverside and you don't get to add s*** to your list of kills. :(

Q_Q

Removal of Mooring points for some bases? - hack - 07-05-2010

' Wrote:Q_Q

Indeed.

I guess we could remove the mooring points, then turn up the defenses on the trade lanes, stations and jump gates to effect a nice balance.

That is what everyone wants, right?

Removal of Mooring points for some bases? - tansytansey - 07-05-2010

' Wrote:
Indeed.

I guess we could remove the mooring points, then turn up the defenses on the trade lanes, stations and jump gates to effect a nice balance.

That is what everyone wants, right?

Not to mention the instant-gank the Outcasts would get flying that close to a station in the first place.

Realism goes both ways.

Removal of Mooring points for some bases? - Shryke - 07-05-2010

It's a 7 year old game with a mod that allows players to do things that the game wasn't ever conceived of being capable of. Some things wont make sense, get over it.

Removal of Mooring points for some bases? - hack - 07-05-2010

' Wrote:Not to mention the instant-gank the Outcasts would get flying that close to a station in the first place.

Realism goes both ways.

Yep, would make it dang near impossible to get that close to kill a ship moored there.

Removal of Mooring points for some bases? - Sturmwind - 07-05-2010

The problem is that the guy brought up a pvp aspect to support his proposal, but I'd like to point out that in-RP, it hardly makes sense for a Battleship or a huge transport to dock to a Border station or something equal sized as well. It's not at all supposed to fit into it.

Say, lifters could get a proper use this way. Your transport can't dock to the station due to its size, so you summon a freighter or a lifter to help you out with it. Perfect opportunity to RP imo.

Removal of Mooring points for some bases? - teschy - 07-05-2010

Maybe it should be illegal for capital ships to dock while in combat.

Removal of Mooring points for some bases? - mjolnir - 07-05-2010

' Wrote:Maybe it should be illegal for capital ships to dock while in combat.

*gets a LF*

guess that's it for the capship ever docking, cause combat is within 10k radius.

Removal of Mooring points for some bases? - Rudo - 07-05-2010

' Wrote:You're an outcast bomber. In liberty.

I wonder what I'm doing in Liberty. I go to the Taus or Sigmas instead, or roll up a Barghest or Broadsword. I also wonder what I'm doing as a pirate pack-hunting the military and possibly calling down a systematic sweep for pirate bases all through the house, since doing this might suddenly make it enough of a problem that it might be worth the men and resources to the government to clean Liberty up. The Rogues will love me for this.

Seriously, while I'm all for entertaining ideas that might change things, this proposal really doesn't have any favorable long-term conclusions to it.