Discovery Gaming Community
Nomad Trial Privileges - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Nomad Trial Privileges (/showthread.php?tid=43468)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Nomad Trial Privileges - Dragonslayer - 07-08-2010

Quote:Apart from that - the trial system is fine as it is. If you've got a problem with a specific Morph or a group of them, as said, take screenshots and forward them to me and I'll deal with them.
Its not a problem of one or several morphs, its the fact that they are all over Liberty and hardly ever in the omicrons.
And the fact that they use human equipment.

Nomad Trial Privileges - squidofsymphony - 07-08-2010

Just as a side note, I do not know any members of the Keepers. that would use the lesser nomad weapons when they could just as easily use the normal ones. Could we agree that Nomads that aren't fully matured wouldn't necessarily not have weapons, but that their weapons would also not be fully matured?

EDIT: The weapons should also only be used for defense against NPCs. If this thread has any great effect then it should be considered PvP abuse for a Trial character to engage another character (Besides in self-defense, as the ID already permits.) The idea behind the lesser nomad weaponry is purely cosmetic (And also fits in with RP.)

Nomad Trial Privileges - Elven - 07-08-2010

Pff, use Krakens or missles. Morphs shouldn't have -any- weapons, in fact. Enjoy your quite wide choice of majority of human guns.

Nomad Trial Privileges - FooFighter - 07-08-2010

' Wrote:Its not a problem of one or several morphs, its the fact that they are all over Liberty and hardly ever in the omicrons.

If there was more RP to be found in the Omicrons, maybe they'd go there. I realize that some of the Order| and BHG folks and even some indies are going out on a limb to make the Omicrons a better place, but they're the minority and as it is, even the Keepers go to other places to get their roleplay for most of it.

And as for the human guns, well - they haven't got any of their own, so due to gameplay limitations, they have to use human equipment. It's just a slightly ooRP thing - just like the fact that your nice Navy cap isn't funded with tax money but from your trader, who just "donated" a generous sum to some completely unknown guy who happens to be interested in commanding a Battleship.

Dragonslayer Wrote:Just because somebody wrote it in the lore doesnt mean it makes sense.

It actually does. Read the lore again.

Nomad Trial Privileges - squidofsymphony - 07-08-2010

Just like that same trader who donated about 10 mil so that a human pilot could go out and "buy" his way into becoming an alien species, yet that same alien species cannot purchase it's own weapons? :rolleyes:

It's simply the lesser of two evils. It'll be OORP for a Nomad Morph to have Lesser Nomad Lasers (If you say so) but it's certainly much more OOC for a Nomad Morph to have human weapons mounted, and being able to fire them.

Nomad Trial Privileges - Boss - 07-08-2010

Give them an inch and they want a country mile.

Please, be happy with what you've gained already. I can't say that more won't come later, but asking for more days after getting a freaking Nomad tag and docking rights seems a bit rude.

Nomad Trial Privileges - Camtheman Of Freelancer4Ever - 07-08-2010

Quote:Give them an inch and they want a country mile.

You gave them way, way, way more than an inch, teehee. You gave them a meter or two, with these new rephax.

I applaud the Keepers for allowing such an open way of freeing up Nomad roleplay to the masses.

No other invite only faction has done that yet. Docking rights to Nomad bases? Unprecedented. That's a massive milestone if I do say so myself.

It will perhaps improve roleplay overall...

Nomad Trial Privileges - Klaw117 - 07-08-2010

Guys, remember the Nomad Prototype weapons in the SP Campaign? Why don't we just use that, but change the name to something like the Nomad Morph Laser and give it the same model as the other Nomad weapons? That way, the Nomad Morph players will still have a way to defend themselves without having ugly human weapons on them and being overpowered by using the real Nomad weapons.

Nomad Trial Privileges - dodike - 07-09-2010

Give the morphs nomad looking guns or remove all gun slots. That way I could stand looking at a morph without my eyes bleeding.

Nomad Trial Privileges - Elven - 07-09-2010

Well.
Make class 8 nomad guns, give them to morphs and give morphs 8 class weapon slots.
Everyone's happy, including Keepers, who can balance their loadouts a bit now.