Discovery Gaming Community
Warbringer, A true nomad human hybrid, FORMER order pilot - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Warbringer, A true nomad human hybrid, FORMER order pilot (/showthread.php?tid=4379)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Warbringer, A true nomad human hybrid, FORMER order pilot - Vape - 10-31-2007

well a little explaination first...
I Know that the order wouldnt even consider this, i got the idea from the recent nomad post, by Salamander Smiley, outlining three or four possible nomad types. Warbringer is the last: a true hybrid where the human and nomad live in a perfect symbiotic relationship. But in warbringer's case, his conciousness and the nomads merged to create a new one. (if even possible). Effectively rendering a True hybrid that can pilot both nomad and human ships. can speak both languages and has Human values at its core, in other words, your friendly neighborhood nomad-human hybrid. I read these posts and decided id probably have him on a merc id. any other suggestions? oh and he would fly a human fighter.

Warbringer, A true nomad human hybrid, FORMER order pilot - Denelo - 10-31-2007

Um, no. You can't pilot either. You pilot one OR the other. In the rare cases human/nomads can be placed in nomad ships, they're there to stay.

Also, nomad/humans aren't "both". How about you just play a character who was almost infected or something?

reason why: I want something unique
I Know that the order wouldnt even consider this, i got the idea from the recent nomad post, by Salamander Smiley, outlining three or four possible nomad types. Warbringer is the last: a true hybrid where the human and nomad live in a perfect symbiotic relationship. But in warbringer's case, his conciousness and the nomads merged to create a new one. (if even possible). Effectively rendering a True hybrid that can piloto ONLY human ships. can speak both languages and has Human values at its core, in other words, your friendly neighborhood nomad-human hybrid. I read these posts and decided id probably have him on a merc id. any other suggestions? oh and he would fly a human fighter.
an edited version, and btw im am known to be very adamant about Things that i want
EDIT: whats wrong with having a True human hybrid as outlined in above text. I came up with a story outlining how it happened, ill post it later, butt first a question, how long ago in disco game time did the nomad war end?
EDIT: Here is where i got the merged conciousness thing from http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tahiri_Veila, and yes i know its star wars, but who said it couldnt happen?

Quote:But in warbringer's case, his conciousness and the nomads merged to create a new one. (if even possible).

You trying to be funny? I JUST said that ISN'T possible.

Also, both languages? Right. Clearly you don't pay attention, since Nomads don't even talk. :dry:

Quote:Warbringer is the last: a true hybrid where the human and nomad live in a perfect symbiotic relationship.

That is not what you're describing. You're describing a Human who has Nomad "abilities". Like it or not, you're most certainly describing a human.

If you want to play a Nomad, you have to put a tonna effort into. There's no "easy" way to play a Nomad. You have to work hard at it, you have to have a good, airtight RP, and you HAVE to have a story that actually makes sense.

Warbringer, A true nomad human hybrid, FORMER order pilot - Smiley_ - 10-31-2007

However, I did say that this was only theoretical and improbable, but it could work. The mentality would not be human, however, nor would it be nomad. It would be both or neither. Self preservation would be the first priority.

I think I can help you with what you are trying to make.

A true hybrid would be an outcast to both humans and nomads. The nomads would see this individual as an abomination to nomadness. The being can, however, hide it's identity from humans and live among them if they do not blow their cover. Such an RP is difficult to do and would require utmost care.

An order pilot is improbable because they have a hate of nomads and would kill themselves before letting one anywhere near their bodies. Also, the order ha ways of detecting nomad. A corsair pilot or an outcast pilot might work though.

The thing is, you cannot openly say that you are a nomad, even if that is your RP. The perfect line of work for a hybrid, minor or otherwise, would be a politician. I don't see too many of those around though.

Also, you need to decide just how everything falls into place. Start from scratch as a normal pilot and use him for a month or two before changing his life forever. you then need to go on some zany, feel good whirlwind adventure or something. A boy and his nomad and all that. These things take time and careful deliberation.

' Wrote:You trying to be funny? I JUST said that ISN'T possible.

Also, both languages? Right. Clearly you don't pay attention, since Nomads don't even talk. :dry:

That is not what you're describing. You're describing a Human who has Nomad "abilities". Like it or not, you're most certainly describing a human.

If you want to play a Nomad, you have to put a tonna effort into. There's no "easy" way to play a Nomad. You have to work hard at it, you have to have a good, airtight RP, and you HAVE to have a story that actually makes sense.
thats exactly what i mean, a human with nomad abilities (in a way, a hybrid). But has no hostility towards us humans, in other words, hes not a das wilde.
ill create a story as this nomad physiolgy thing plays out, and treewyrm and salamander, i would appreciate your help in coming up with a story and whatever else is necesssary

Warbringer, A true nomad human hybrid, FORMER order pilot - Treewyrm - 10-31-2007

I don't really understand how are you supposed to have nomad abilities without having one. If you have one - you are infested, therefore you are Nomad and part of their collective, whether it was a result direct infestation or genetic manipulation or something else of that kind. You can deceive people around, play tricks and all but in the end of the day you are part of the collective. Saying like you're human with human values but have nomad tricks isn't really going to work I'm afraid. You're trying to approach a difficult theme from the very far and from the wrong side I'm afraid, as I've said - this isn't SW and certainly it doesn't mean that the concept from SW will work in FL, you are once again walking in circles because you are attempting to apply a foreign concept instead of starting with one based on FL universe. Making references likes "oh lookie, it was there" is only doing worse for your idea.

heres a better idea, i keep the Nomad/Human Hybrid thing, but i have help from you and Salamander and anyone else who can help to develop Warbringer. Ok?

Since you clearly have not noticed the completely obvious, look down there. Yes, my siggy. If it isn't there yet, wait for it, it will be. You want advice from a Nomad player: Guess what, you're already getting it. Frankly, you have to have an amazing RP before you can even consider playing a Nomad. Also: Try reading other people's RPs, since your last statement shows your ignorance.

Editing, it seems that there were quite a few posts before mine. Anyways, like Treewyrm said ad I keep saying. It's not going to work that way. You try to RP that, and you're in for a nasty surprise that involves EVERYONE shooting you to orange pulp.

Warbringer, A true nomad human hybrid, FORMER order pilot - Treewyrm - 10-31-2007

' Wrote:.....hear me...IT MIGHT WORK, that all depends on how this research thing plays out
Sorry, "Obi-wan force tricks" don't work on me.

You are already receiving help in form of criticism. I don't criticize just for nothing, listen to the counter arguments.