Discovery Gaming Community
What's going on with my factions?! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: What's going on with my factions?! (/showthread.php?tid=45735)

Pages: 1 2

What's going on with my factions?! - sephff9 - 08-27-2010

' Wrote:This seems to be a common consensus in the past few weeks. This is a roleplay server and therefore even when you're powertrading for your capwhoring battleship, you should be doing it within RP. It isn't that difficult to make money with RP routes such as Superconductors in and Super Alloy out of Bretonia.

If you're going to bother to be on the server at all, why not have fun interacting and making the world a more immersive place for everyone by trading in things and places that your faction SHOULD be trading in?

I never found trading that fun or immersive anyway. I just need to save up enough to buy a ship on another character to get in on the storyline. The most I can contribute to the world while trading is throwing money at a pirate to not turn me into space dust, since all trade ships are helpless.

So other than doing missions for IMG, does anyone know an ID that would basically reverse the effects of this one? I don't mind doing missions but if I can avoid it, I'd rather do so. Trade ships suck at missions:)

What's going on with my factions?! - Talesin - 08-27-2010

Greetings,

' Wrote:[...] since all trade ships are helpless.

Can't agree on that, if i recall it correctly you were flying for Bowex huh?
The Shire does quite a punch.

But i've got a Solution for you: Play as Junker.

- Nice Shipline and you're allways welcome to any other indie Junkers (they're a family after all)
- Lawfuls don't like you, but keep neutral.
- Unlawfuls don't like you, but still they appreciate it if you supply them.
- You can go nearly anywhere (EXEPT KUSARI).
- You are able to obtain the Salvager, a 3350-Cargohold-Ship with Gunboat Weaponry and Gunship powercore and on top of that it's a mining ship considering Scrap Metal.
- Most times pirates will let you pass - just remind them that you supply their bases.
- Since Kusari is enemy anyway, you can screw up you rep with Kusarian Corps, Bounty Hunters and Xenos and get neutral to nearly anyone else then.

Only thing that really can get annoying is that everyone threats you as potential enemy, you're allways highly suspicious, people will not like you luring around.

Regards,
Talesin

What's going on with my factions?! - Grail - 08-27-2010

Quote:QUOTE(Coin @ Aug 27 2010, 12:05 AM) *
just stay outa t23 until the poo-storm has passed, mmmkay?

That goes for miner and smuggler alike. *sigh*

what ya talking about?

And do what they say, join a faction that helps ya earn credits and RP. Btretonia company in this case.

What's going on with my factions?! - Disparagess - 08-27-2010

Note: Junkers... Can go to Kusari, just that they're well... *pewpew*. It's not against the rules.

IRP, they do take goods occasionally to the GC/BD.

What's going on with my factions?! - Talesin - 08-27-2010

Greetings,

' Wrote:Note: Junkers... Can go to Kusari, just that they're well... *pewpew*. It's not against the rules.

IRP, they do take goods occasionally to the GC/BD.

Uh yes, sounded strange when i told it, thanks for correcting.

The Kusari Government has forbidden Junkers to enter their House space (well basically the Junkers part there is already occupied by the Hogosha).

So you can actually go there within the Rules, but expect to be shot since everything there is rephacked hostile to you (exept Kishiro, since they occasionally show up in other regions and then would turn the environment against you too).
Junkers do occasionally supply BDs and GCs.

But one thin you can not do via the rules: As far as i know Junkers can only dock to BD and GC bases in Kusari, docking to other bases there, though maybe possible is forbidden as far as i know.
But that should be mentioned at the ID.

Regards,
Talesin

What's going on with my factions?! - sephff9 - 08-27-2010

Okay, so where would one get a bribe for Kusari, to get them happy with me, and then I can change IDs before I go getting a bribe? That would probably be the quickest way to fix my kusari rep. Then I can just pick a neutral trading company and call it a day. I don't want to get mixed up in the ridiculous war on a character who isn't meant to ever be a fighter.

There's gotta be a quick way to get rephacked back, just as easily as I got rephacked to where I am now.