Discovery Gaming Community
Pirate: - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Pirate: (/showthread.php?tid=46064)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Pirate: - kramer - 08-31-2010

' Wrote:You wont know that a guy is a pirate unless he tells you.. Since IDs dont exist in RP.. So in RP if a guy says that he is a pirate then you have 2 options
1. That he is a pirate
2. That he is an imposter who is a normal guy and acting as a pirate..

For the first option to be true you need to catch him red handed unless you do that you cant prove anything and you have to stick with option 2... That is the problem

Oh yeah, that's what we need.
Just a rhetorical question: And how knows the not-so-pierat that I'm not a terrorist disguised as donut?

My lawful chars use to give pirates an order to leave - fair chance.

Pirate: - Azurren - 08-31-2010

' Wrote:You wont know that a guy is a pirate unless he tells you.. Since IDs dont exist in RP.. So in RP if a guy says that he is a pirate then you have 2 options
1. That he is a pirate

For the first option to be true you need to catch him red handed unless you do that you cant prove anything and you have to stick with option 2... That is the problem
Well, the ID is just an expansion of the IFF that is detectible by anyone. If you look at the NPCs any hostile IFFs are KoS.
Not that I want pirates to be KoS

So.. Any Pirates want to have a party in New York? We'll just claim to be pizza delivery and Moon Liberty Police outa the windows :yahoo:
If they ask us to leave we'll just say we are doing nothing wrong and see how long it takes them before they grow a pair and actually RP what they are. Pew Pew

Pirate: - Jimothy - 08-31-2010

I hate to admit it, but pirates, unless doing something wrong at that time, or having proof of their wrongdoing at an earlier time, are technically innocent.

However, correct me if I'm wrong, just flying a pirate ship in house space is illegal isn't it? So a rouge in werewolf, may be completely innocent, BUT, they are breaking the law by flying that type of ship.

I think...

Pirate: - AeternusDoleo - 08-31-2010

Then you are suggesting we just... make a huuuuuge database of all known pirate characters to exist, shared between all lawful organizations? I thought that was kind of implied by the "Pirate" ID. And the reason why they should not be docking with lawful bases.

Pirate: - Aphil - 08-31-2010

1. That he is a pirate

The ID itself is Out of Roleplay, but In-RP you could say he's a wanted Pirate. After all, the Military, Police and Corporations are shooting at him. In my opinion, pirates need to learn there are consequences to their actions.

Pirate: - Blaze - 08-31-2010

Aphil please stop using coloured text.. Coloured text is for mods and admins to emphasise their message...

Coming back to the topic the ship of a guy only arouses the suspicion that he is a pirate you need some proof to attack him.. But if he says that he is a pirate then you can ask him to leave the system and blow him up if he refuses and if has some illegal cargo.. Then ask him to drop it and leave if he doesnt follow orders then you are free to rip his ship apart

Pirate: - Jimothy - 08-31-2010

[Image: patrick-stewart-more-pewpew.jpg]

Seriously though, if he's got a pirate ID (OORP) then it means he's a criminal. And the police/navy would (In RP) have access to a criminal records database type thing, so they could determine he was wanted just by that.
I mean, it makes sense there'd be a database of criminals, but it doesnt mean we actually have to write one up.

Pirate: - Baltar - 09-01-2010

@ Azurren: Here's a link or two to help you out Azurren. Please note the Liberty Bounty Board specifically places a bounty on "Generic Pirates caught in the act of piracy* (1,000,000)" ... that means the bounty is ONLY valid for a generic pirate (ie: Pirate ID) IF and ONLY IF that pirate is caught in the very act of piracy. I think that about sums it up for the generic pirates you are complaining about.

Liberty Bounty Board
Sirius-wide Bounty Boards

Hope this clears things up for ya.

EDIT: The Liberty Bounty Board is an RP bounty board and thus the "rules" regards to who can and cannot be attacked to collect on a bounty reside in the role play of the bounty boards. Also note Bounty Rules in this section of Discovery's Rulebook.

EDIT 2: Its rule # 7.1 in case you can't find it.

Pirate: - Jimothy - 09-01-2010

@Baltar, I thought this was about LN/LSF not being able to fire on a rouge...
Nothing to do with bounties...?

Pirate: - Primitive - 09-01-2010

If you can't RP your way to shoot a pirate...change the career