Discovery Gaming Community
Bretonia Mining&Manufacturing needs a painting - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Bretonia Mining&Manufacturing needs a painting (/showthread.php?tid=49043)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bretonia Mining&Manufacturing needs a painting - Miaou - 10-30-2010

Just saying, they look a tad to bling-ish, if that's even a word. We are an industrial faction, meaning we want it to took official and more industrial.

Bretonia Mining&Manufacturing needs a painting - Makc_RU - 10-30-2010

OK, guys, thanks for the input. I will work on it some more.

Bretonia Mining&Manufacturing needs a painting - Makc_RU - 10-30-2010

BMM guys, what do you think about the other two images? Are they also too fancy?

[edit]
Okey, here is the edited version of the poster. I made is less blingy. I kinda saw where you were coming from. All I had to add at the bottom of the first verson is: "Yo, you know what I'm sayin' ?" So, please give some more feedback.
Changes:
-Created the cloudy atmosphere on the top part of the poster, so the asteroid is actually not just hanging there. The Mofics are now more into the image. One of them is close to the ground and the second one is actually a little behind the asteroid.
-Added light from the mining station. (to add some volume)
-New colors for the Thames Outpost. I decided not to put any radioactive logos or materials in there, because it my scary the potential recruits and it doesn't really fit there. But if you want I can add a fancy list of materials BMM hauls. (if you want that, please provide the list)

I am reposting the header. Please give your feedback on that image.

Thanks.
BMM poster revision 2.

[Image: bmmposter2.jpg]

BMM header.

[Image: bmmheaderv2.jpg]

Bretonia Mining&Manufacturing needs a painting - Miaou - 10-30-2010

Have you never seen a recruitment poster before?

[Image: Bafrecruitment.png]

[Image: warposter.jpg]

these are a few examples. They are very flat, no real 3D illusions. Something that you would see going to a carnival or for a rock band.

Also, I personally believe they are a bit to bright. Look at our old ones. It has the general yellow/orange theme going on due to the fact we mainly operate in Dublin, along with gray to give that industrial look.

Your graphics are good, just not quite what we are looking for.

Bretonia Mining&Manufacturing needs a painting - Makc_RU - 10-31-2010

Well...:)That would be too easy. I am on it. I didn't think you actually wanted the actual poster quality work, I thought you wanted something modern like. I got what you want, it will be done.

Bretonia Mining&Manufacturing needs a painting - Husher - 10-31-2010

*ggrrmmbbll* Duncan dont bring 'em up weird ideas eh.

We're not the BAF, Personally i must say nice work with the poster.
But there is something in it that makes me look weird at the picture.

Poster:
1) The colors It looks a little bit like my first camera pictures, to bright. (Can you make it more heavier qua coloring? darker? more industriual with maybe gold/brown tints.

2) The BMM shield It looks weird on the poster, Maybe we could find something else for it.

Header:
Scrap the shield it screws the header, Replace it maybe with a dacite?

Iff ye want to talk easier add me to skype: husher1981

Bretonia Mining&Manufacturing needs a painting - Makc_RU - 11-01-2010

You are probably sick of me by now. Here is the poster version, simgle and self explanatory.

[Image: bmmposter3test.jpg]

The industrial tower will be lowered in the final version. I didn't notice it was hanging there.

new version as discussed.

[Image: bmmposter3.jpg]

ver 5, corrected.
[Image: bmmposter5.jpg]

Bretonia Mining&Manufacturing needs a painting - Anomander - 11-02-2010

My project of Poster:

[Image: bmmposter.jpg]

Should I pursuit this idea?? (in base of poster I'm going to make an sig an tras-bar)