Discovery Gaming Community
Bounties. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Bounties. (/showthread.php?tid=50642)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Bounties. - kuth - 11-29-2010

' Wrote:my question was 'why is there no zoner council'?

I'd say it is because the Zoner factions have decided they don't want one. Which, you know, is up to them.

Bounties. - Dancing Bears - 11-29-2010

There was once a zoner Council, it welcomed all zoners to have their voices heard and vote on issues. It was not perfect, and in many ways not even good, but it was what it was. At some point the zoner factions decided they didn't have enough power in the Council and the Indies could outvote them, so they withdrew support from the Council and formed a new organization dominated by the factions, it was called the zoner Alliance, and if the Alliance didn't like your view, you didn't have a right to be a member or have your view heard. In the zoner Alliance, the factions couldn't get along and do what they wanted so they again shut down the Alliance.

zoner government is only sustainable when the factions get what they want, otherwise they don't support it and it is nothing.

Bounties. - n00bl3t - 11-29-2010

' Wrote:But why post the bounty? do the Zoners not have a judicial process? no Zoner court? is the only recourse available to Zoners bloodshed?

They did.

Now they do not.

I daresay the Corsairs played a major part in this.

' Wrote:To put it simply, your bounty didn't have justifiable reasoning for one Zoner to bounty another Zoner. As Cannon said, exceptions can be made in certain circumstances, but yours was not one of them.

It did. The people in question had either betrayed or threatened to rough up another Zoner.

Just because you stick your fingers in your ears and go deus ex machina with a Gallic princess does not change this fact.

Also, I accept Cannon's decision, as it was universal across the board. Or is supposed to be. Time will tell.

Look above or below.

' Wrote:There was once a zoner Council, it welcomed all zoners to have their voices heard and vote on issues. It was not perfect, and in many ways not even good, but it was what it was. At some point the zoner factions decided they didn't have enough power in the Council and the Indies could outvote them, so they withdrew support from the Council and formed a new organization dominated by the factions, it was called the zoner Alliance, <strike>and if the Alliance didn't like your view, you didn't have a right to be a member or have your view heard.</strike> In the zoner Alliance, <strike>the factions couldn't get along and do what they wanted so they again shut down the Alliance.</strike> Zelot's alternative account did not get a vote since Zelot's Zoner character Lev put Corsair philosophies before Zoner ones. Adding to that the [A]'s OoRP desire as well as the community's constantly misplaced desire for less coherency of the Zoners as a whole destroyed the notion of a central Zoner administration.

Wow. Look. An accurate post. Imagine that.

Yes, Nooblet, Lev Shestov is in fact played by Zelot, not really anything I kept a secret. But since you want to somehow suggest that I put the Corsairs interests before the Zoners on this character, I would love for you to find an example of when this character has advocated anything other than a pacifist view? Go all the way back to the Zoner council days, you will find the character has been remarkably consistent. A pacifist anarchist, no rules, no violence. Come on, please go and find a post where I suggested fighting was the answer to anything, or when I said rules and laws were the way to go. Those are really the only two things Lev Shestov cares about. Please, find me an example, if you cant, kindly shut the hell up.

' Wrote:Yes, Nooblet, Lev Shestov is in fact played by Zelot, not really anything I kept a secret. But since you want to somehow suggest that I put the Corsairs interests before the Zoners on this character, I would love for you to find an example of when this character has advocated anything other than a pacifist view? Go all the way back to the Zoner council days, you will find the character has been remarkably consistent. A pacifist anarchist, no rules, no violence. Come on, please go and find a post where I suggested fighting was the answer to anything, or when I said rules and laws were the way to go. Those are really the only two things Lev Shestov cares about. Please, find me an example, if you cant, kindly shut the hell up.

Suggesting peace for the Zoners at a time when they should fight is putting Corsair interests before Zoner interests.

Insisting Zoners kowtow to the Corsairs is putting Corsair interests before Zoner interests.

I remember the CoZ days, I was there before you made Lev Shestov to influence the vote on a Corsair community on GC.

' Wrote:Suggesting peace for the Zoners at a time when they should fight is putting Corsair interests before Zoner interests.

Insisting Zoners kowtow to the Corsairs is putting Corsair interests before Zoner interests.

I remember the CoZ days, I was there before you made Lev Shestov to influence the vote on a Corsair community on GC.

A so suggesting peace on a Zoner character makes you a Corsair. As to the rest, lets see any evidence, any evidence at all to back up your claim. Oh, and by the way, if you look in on that vote way back when, I wasn't part of the skype discussions on it, and I voted against it. Why you ask? Because it added more rules and regulations, Lev doesn't like that. So evidence please or shut the hell up.

' Wrote:A so suggesting peace on a Zoner character makes you a Corsair. As to the rest, lets see any evidence, any evidence at all to back up your claim. Oh, and by the way, if you look in on that vote way back when, I wasn't part of the skype discussions on it, and I voted against it. Why you ask? Because it added more rules and regulations, Lev doesn't like that. So evidence please or shut the hell up.

No, not really. Suggesting peace at any cost does.

Providing seeds of dissent does that. Which hopefully you do not deny, since we both know you do that with this account. (Really, you even did so in this thread with your first post.)

I know you were not part of the Skype discussions. Cannot find your vote.

' Wrote:No, not really. Suggesting peace at any cost does.

Providing seeds of dissent does that. Which hopefully you do not deny, since we both know you do that with this account. (Really, you even did so in this thread with your first post.)

I know you were not part of the Skype discussions. Cannot find your vote.

Yes, the character is a radical pacifist, the character has been consistent no matter what faction was involved. Seeds of dissent? I think you are overestimating me, or the dissent to the cause of war is much more widespread than you care to accept. There are people here in this community who still believe it's ok to play a pacifist as a Zoner, and pacifists yes, call for peace at all most any cost. Nothing about that has anything to do with me also playing a Corsair.

Now, you also now admit that I didnt take part in the discussions of the vote you think I created this character to influence, and I voted against it, so how is it that I influenced it?

So it seems your whole argument accusing me of metagaming boils down to.

Advocating Peace = Planting the Seeds of Dissidence = Metagaming

Do I have that right?

Edit: How is going through the demise of the last two attempts at Zoner governance planting the seeds of dissent. Please.

' Wrote:Yes, the character is a radical pacifist, the character has been consistent no matter what faction was involved. There are people here in this community who still believe it's ok to play a pacifist as a Zoner, and pacifists yes, call for peace at all most any cost. Nothing about that has anything to do with me also playing a Corsair.

Now, you also now admit that I didnt take part in the discussions of the vote you think I created this character to influence, and I voted against it, so how is it that I influenced it?

So it seems your whole argument accusing me of metagaming boils down to.

Advocating Peace = Planting the Seeds of Dissidence = Metagaming

Do I have that right?

I am saying your character is only played when it is beneficial for the Corsairs that the Zoners be peaceful. (If we look at it's usage history, I bet we will find that it has only been used for either the above purpose, or some misplaced vendetta against my views on Zoner RP; as evidenced by your signature.)

It is used to provide an pseudo-RP basis, that is, the actions of the character are RP-based, but there is a stronger OoRP reason, that the Zoners be peaceful.

I said you were not part of the Skype chat. As far as I am aware, you were pressuring the CoZ for a vote on many angles.

No, you have it wrong as usual.

Edit:

' Wrote:Edit: How is going through the demise of the last two attempts at Zoner governance planting the seeds of dissent. Please.

Providing a paranoid viewpoint which makes up facts, since you cannot access them, which you know nothing about, since you were not part of the CoZ really and you had no part in the ZA. (Or any official faction or player group.)

This is not going through the demise of Zoner governance.

' Wrote:I am saying your character is only played when it is beneficial for the Corsairs that the Zoners be peaceful.

It is used to provide an pseudo-RP basis, that is, the actions of the character are RP-based, but there is a stronger OoRP reason, that the Zoners be peaceful.

I said you were not part of the Skype chat. As far as I am aware, you were pressuring the CoZ for a vote on many angles.

No, you have it wrong as usual.

Edit:

Providing a paranoid viewpoint which makes up facts, since you cannot access them, which you know nothing about, since you were not part of the CoZ really and you had no part in the ZA. (Or any official faction or player group.)

This is not going through the demise of Zoner governance.

Yea, how bout some evidence? Any evidence that I pressured anyone in the council to do anything, evidence that the character has been inconsistent, evidence that I was not a part of the CoZ even though I was in the skype chat, and an active member for quite a long time, on many issues, not as you say only on Corsair issues. I can also give you various examples of rp both in game and on the forums from this character that has nothing to do with the Corsairs, I guess I will start pulling it out, lets see what you can pull out.