Discovery Gaming Community
[CLOSED] Gallic Metal Service Logo Commission - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: [CLOSED] Gallic Metal Service Logo Commission (/showthread.php?tid=54262)

Pages: 1 2

[CLOSED] Gallic Metal Service Logo Commission - Tommeh - 02-05-2011

My first try, I know it's quite simple, I tried whole text, but it complicates things, and doesn't look so cleanish to me.

[Image: 343gmmd.png]

[Image: 29qkzs1.png]

Any suggestions? I am lacking idea on how to blend in GMS a bit more :unsure:

[CLOSED] Gallic Metal Service Logo Commission - Anomander - 02-05-2011

' Wrote:Quite a few good entries, I'm liking it so far. At this point, I think Rommie's designs have the support of the GMS.

I'll let this sit for a couple more days to see if anyone else wants to take a swing at it, and I've got an outside resource giving me her interpretation too. Really, the only restrictions are that I want the logo to be clean and simple. Flares, metals, and glows have their place, but we're not so much looking for them to be in this graphic. Other than that, the design is what you can think up.

How about mine second v? how about rest works?

[CLOSED] Gallic Metal Service Logo Commission - fencore - 02-06-2011

Holy snot Tommeh, not at all what I was looking for, but I love it. the top one over the bottom, with the textured text. The GMS acronym works fine there. If possible, I'd like to try to fit the full name "Gallic Metal Service", maybe placed below the planets, but if you can't get it to a point where you're happy with it, the logos as they are would do nicely, we'll just have to shrink them for practical forum use.

Anomander - Your second graphic is more in the direction I was looking for, definitely. It does feel a tad bland, however, and thus hasn't seen a lot of support from the rest of the faction.

Rommie - I do really like the designs you've thrown up, however they would need some changes to work for the faction. I personally prefer the bottom of the two, but we'd have to do something about the "wheels" on the far left and right, as it makes the logo feel too "flowery", if you catch my drift. The text could use some work too. The first of your two entries did receive some support as well, but I personally think the glow drowns it out a bit.

Mona - I like the array of colors and styles, it really helps to see what might look best for the text. Out of everything you've thrown up there, I like the plain metallic text best, and the second one of those - the truncated fleur-de-lis outline makes the graphic feel cluttered. The metallic text by itself would serve well as the logo, and after some consulting, might be one of the final choices. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next, though.

All of you, I do really appreciate your patience and your effort. I realize it can be tough since I didn't give you a whole lot to go on and now I'm nitpicking, but rest assured, everyone's contributions are helping to shape this logo. Regardless of which logo we go with, I'm going to at least send each of the four of you some sort of payment for your effort, even though only the one we use will get the full 100 million credits.

[CLOSED] Gallic Metal Service Logo Commission - [Cerberus] Illusive Man - 02-06-2011

[Image: odysseyofasteroidsbyweb.png]

Alternate Version

Alternate Version 2

Alternate Version 3

Alternate Version 4

Alternate Version 5

[CLOSED] Gallic Metal Service Logo Commission - Rommie - 02-06-2011

[Image: GMSLogoV2_test5b.png]
[Image: GMSLogoV2_test5d.png]
[Image: GMSLogoV2_test5f.png]
[Image: GMSLogoV2_test5g.png]

Edit: Toned down the first entry

[Image: GMSLogo_a.png]

[CLOSED] Gallic Metal Service Logo Commission - Tommeh - 02-06-2011

' Wrote:Holy snot Tommeh, not at all what I was looking for, but I love it. the top one over the bottom, with the textured text. The GMS acronym works fine there. If possible, I'd like to try to fit the full name "Gallic Metal Service", maybe placed below the planets, but if you can't get it to a point where you're happy with it, the logos as they are would do nicely, we'll just have to shrink them for practical forum use.
Alrighty, I will work on that maybe during today, or this evening, will see. But will try to achieve your idea.

[CLOSED] Gallic Metal Service Logo Commission - fencore - 02-07-2011

All right, I think it's safe to go ahead and wrap this up.

Tommeh's logo is that one we've chosen to use. Fantastic job. I'll be contacting you via PM to finish up your end.

The rest are good, no doubt about it, and because of that and the effort, I do want to send each of you 20 million credits for your trouble. Jack Aubrey, Mona, Rommie, and Anomander, send me names of characters in-game if you want to claim your credits, and I'll have them wired to you from the bank.

[CLOSED] Gallic Metal Service Logo Commission - Anomander - 02-07-2011

I see, grats Tommeh, mine account is Handlowiec.

[CLOSED] Gallic Metal Service Logo Commission - Rommie - 02-07-2011

Tej.Helfer

Congrats Tommeh.

[CLOSED] Gallic Metal Service Logo Commission - fencore - 02-07-2011

All right, 20 mil sent to Anomander and Rommie

Edit: Credits sent to Tommeh