Discovery Gaming Community
Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Remade Rheinland Cruiser (/showthread.php?tid=56724)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Cond0r - 03-14-2011

' Wrote:don't touch vanilla stuff.

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Durandal - 03-14-2011

Let's make all guns one color again then, ye?

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Dusty Lens - 03-14-2011

I can't really see any real noticeable difference between the two.

But what I imagine would be lacking in your model would be any sort of "chunking" upon explosion, a prolonged fuse boom with various bits flying here and there.

That feels like it would be a step backwards.

Also, Tycho, for goodness sake turn off the Linkin Park before posting.

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - DartStriker - 03-14-2011

While I can't say for sure, I find it very hard to believe your model is only 400 polys larger. I Guess I have never looked at the RM cruiser but the amount of details in yours leads me to believe it has to be much larger than the OG. Can you make some screen shots with a wireframe overlay please, maybe next to an RM cruiser from the game, also with a wireframe overlay.

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Jinx - 03-14-2011

Quote:"Please Jinx, try using your eyes. That thing has details popping out left and right model wise compared to the regular RMC. I mean I suppose some renders with the both of them might not be bad but.. really? I'm not trying to flame or anything, but there's only so much a guy can take without facedesking." (Tycho)

the comparisson sheets reveal a few design additions - additional struts, additional windows, rounder ornaments here and there.

yes - hm - but quite frankly - that only revealed itself when it was a direct comparisson to the original - not like "i have to open my eyed to see" or like i m unwilling to see.

the revised model is very good - no doubt. ....... but from a devs pov, redundant. ( sorry to say - but yes, i consider it totally redundant )

while YES, i support revisions whole-heartedly... but they must offer a lot more. - had we not have the vanilla model, Hades' model would be amazingly terrific - but ... we have the vanilla model.

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Boss - 03-14-2011

' Wrote:While I can't say for sure, I find it very hard to believe your model is only 400 polys larger. I Guess I have never looked at the RM cruiser but the amount of details in yours leads me to believe it has to be much larger than the OG. Can you make some screen shots with a wireframe overlay please, maybe next to an RM cruiser from the game, also with a wireframe overlay.

The Vanilla models have a mind-boggling number of retardedly placed polys. On those extrusions, the ones that go into the model, there are probably somewhere around six or eight triangles per side. It only takes two per side if done right.

(I'm a very crappy modeler)

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Hades - 03-14-2011

' Wrote:While I can't say for sure, I find it very hard to believe your model is only 400 polys larger. I Guess I have never looked at the RM cruiser but the amount of details in yours leads me to believe it has to be much larger than the OG. Can you make some screen shots with a wireframe overlay please, maybe next to an RM cruiser from the game, also with a wireframe overlay.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm56/HL...ng?t=1300138386

If that doesn't convince you, I can easily send you the models.

' Wrote:the comparisson sheets reveal a few design additions - additional struts, additional windows, rounder ornaments here and there.

yes - hm - but quite frankly - that only revealed itself when it was a direct comparisson to the original - not like "i have to open my eyed to see" or like i m unwilling to see.

the revised model is very good - no doubt. ....... but from a devs pov, redundant. ( sorry to say - but yes, i consider it totally redundant )

while YES, i support revisions whole-heartedly... but they must offer a lot more. - had we not have the vanilla model, Hades' model would be amazingly terrific - but ... we have the vanilla model.
Don't worry, I'm still not fully finished on detailing. There's still quite a bit of detailing and line breaking I am planning to do.

Quote:The Vanilla models have a mind-boggling number of retardedly placed polys. On those extrusions, the ones that go into the model, there are probably somewhere around six or eight triangles per side. It only takes two per side if done right.
No kidding. In fact, I made went back to check how many seperate meshes the vanilla model had, and it's actually near 1500, which is an extreme amount.

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Durandal - 03-14-2011

' Wrote:I can't really see any real noticeable difference between the two.

But what I imagine would be lacking in your model would be any sort of "chunking" upon explosion, a prolonged fuse boom with various bits flying here and there.

That feels like it would be a step backwards.

Also, Tycho, for goodness sake turn off the Linkin Park before posting.

Basically what you're saying is, nicer explosions > nicer model? o_O Your opinion man your opinion but it just seems off to me. Anyway it might not be a huge upgrade, but it's more efficient poly wise and does have extra details scattered all over the hull. Certainly not a step backwards by any means.

And I was listening to Machinae Supremacy. :|

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Dusty Lens - 03-14-2011

' Wrote:Basically what you're saying is, nicer explosions > nicer model? o_O Your opinion man your opinion but it just seems off to me. Anyway it might not be a huge upgrade, but it's more efficient poly wise and does have extra details scattered all over the hull. Certainly not a step backwards by any means.

And I was listening to Machinae Supremacy. :|

No. I'm saying virtually identical model + explosions > virtually identical model + windows.

If the situation was

virtually identical model + explosions + windows then (sun).

Remade Rheinland Cruiser - Vladimir - 03-14-2011

Finish RH BS first 8-|