Discovery Gaming Community
Blood donor - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Blood donor (/showthread.php?tid=57278)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Blood donor - teschy - 03-24-2011

I did, but I took advantage of all the benefits.

Blood donor - Oxslow - 03-24-2011

I would if I could but I am not allowed because I had 3 blood transfusion when I was born. If you had a blood transfusion before a certain date you are not allowed to give blood in the UK.

Blood donor - Bad Guy - 03-24-2011

' Wrote:I would if I could but I am not allowed because I had 3 blood transfusion when I was born. If you had a blood transfusion before a certain date you are not allowed to give blood in the UK.

That's something I didn't know. Any reason why?

Blood donor - jxie93 - 03-24-2011

' Wrote:Why wouldn't you be qualified though, Cabulb?

I recently returned from an interview in the US which, according to NHS regulations, disqualifies me for blood donation for 6 months. Last time I gave was 3 or 4 months ago.

Blood donor - Dusty Lens - 03-24-2011

I actually just got back from donating blood, as in walked unsteadily through the door with my recently bandaged arm about 5 minutes ago. Bit of a racket really, but better the hospital charges your insurance 5 grand for a bag of blood than 5 grand sending an apology letter because they didn't have any blood.

Also, free cookies ^_^.

Blood donor - Chev - 03-24-2011

' Wrote:I actually just got back from donating blood, as in walked unsteadily through the door with my recently bandaged arm about 5 minutes ago. Bit of a racket really, but better the hospital charges your insurance 5 grand for a bag of blood than 5 grand sending an apology letter because they didn't have any blood.

Also, free cookies ^_^.

Cookies only? Well, I got nice cup, pen, bottle of mineral water, one "snickers", cup of yogurt, and pack of juices. The ones who requested for payment for their blood got... erm... bottle of mineral water only. So I got some resources to "reproduce" my stomach content as well :nyam:

Blood donor - 11of10 - 03-24-2011

I used to do it some years ago, then I found out that they don't really give it to people in need, but sell it to whoever has the cash. A close friend's mother told me. I figure, she works in a large hospital, she should know.

Blood donor - Chev - 03-24-2011

' Wrote:I used to do it some years ago, then I found out that they don't really give it to people in need, but sell it to whoever has the cash. A close friend's mother told me. I figure, she works in a large hospital, she should know.

Sir, you just demotivated me...

Blood donor - teschy - 03-24-2011

' Wrote:I used to do it some years ago, then I found out that they don't really give it to people in need, but sell it to whoever has the cash. A close friend's mother told me. I figure, she works in a large hospital, she should know.

Are you American by chance?

Blood donor - Bad Guy - 03-24-2011

Yeah, having money helps. The hospitals have to make money somehow. Nothing in this world is ever free. When a politician says, "free medical care" or "free education" they are lying. Simply, someone always has to pay for it.