Discovery Gaming Community
BNG - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: BNG (/showthread.php?tid=57572)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

BNG - kun - 03-29-2011

' Wrote:Hmmm....Something tells me a certain group that was banned from using caps made a new faction to PvP with caps,but i may be wrong. My Order needs to look into this.

Then maybe you should double-check "something".
Otherwise you can keep your thoughts to yourself.

BNG - Primitive - 03-29-2011

' Wrote:I see their group very often in Minor, yet I have no RP background or information, it makes it difficult to even attempt an interaction with them because you don't know what their purpose is, and they usually don't respond to any questions...

Which could very well be a part of their RP?

Isn't the point of RP that you shouldn't know but discover without reading it on forum ?

BNG - MB52 - 03-29-2011

And yet... they don't speak in game.. This is why it is necessary to get information on the forums.

Much like the Keepers or the Phantoms, they aren't going to give you a history lesson.

BNG - Panzer - 03-29-2011

UOG got summarily jailed for having cap usage and combat as the two main (actually only) points of their Modus Operandi somewhere around summer 2007 if I remember right.

BNG - Primitive - 03-29-2011

' Wrote:And yet... they don't speak in game.. This is why it is necessary to get information on the forums.

Much like the Keepers or the Phantoms, they aren't going to give you a history lesson.

I know and I enjoy playing on chars which have a goal to gather intel or such, and I tend to do it without reading about faction first.

They don't speak in game ? sankshun :sleep:

Or if they give you enough to engage you : They are there to kill you, all you need to know about them.

BNG - Akura - 03-29-2011

The BNG are cool, they've got a reason to do what they do, and they do it well.

Today, their three Battleships, along with three Core cruisers, took out...
About ten Osirises, three Hathors, three? bombers, a couple of fighters and a whole bunch of stuff that docked.

With no losses.

They're good at what they do cause no one knows why they do what they do, and their teamwork is amazing.

Kudos to these guys, they're great fun to be around.

BNG - MB52 - 03-29-2011

Their skills at overwhelming targets is a non-issue. Lack of organization is the archiles heel of the Order secondary fleet. It is easier to organize an attack, then it is to organize a defense.

Those numbers you listed of losses, likely were picked off in small numbers.

Regardless.. requesting information on a group who seem intent on becoming part of Order RP is not a sin as some people here seem to be hinting at.

BNG - Zahas - 03-29-2011

Black Navy Guard operates only in Omicrons and Alaska, there main goal is to destroy the Altair Research Station (if i'm not wrong), prevent Order from takeing more nomadic tech, keeping away Order from Liberty (the mass invasion with capitals in Alaska made by Order every day (we all know it)) and start doing the Order's job

When i'll have the time to post more details about it, you will know.

Anything else?

BNG - DodgeOld24 - 03-29-2011

' Wrote:The Black Navy Guard, they're focused on Omicron Delta activities, mostly making the Order busy and preventing them from doing nomad research properly. They're trying to be nice pals with the Guild Core, while I haven't seen much motivation from official Core faction, they're fine with indies, presumably.

As for their low usage of fighters, that lays in rather mixed OORP and IRP stance: they're surrounded by the Order indies, nomads and expect gank. IRP, battleships would help. OORP, not really...

^ All this information isn't really true, but it's rather suggestion.

I couldn't explain it more amazingly accurate.
What Elven here said is right, and no, we are not ORI, PYM or //NORP, however we do have one of their members in our faction.

And ryoken, the scenario you explained happened already. A Corsair cap party moved to Minor to shoot us.

I'll post our background in a while.

BNG - MB52 - 03-29-2011

So, in RP are you directly under LN command? or a rogue group?