Discovery Gaming Community
Bomber Turrets - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Bomber Turrets (/showthread.php?tid=58445)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bomber Turrets - Enojado - 04-14-2011

Isn't it the case that you have to select a nova projectile to make it blow up?

In that case you're pretty safe considering selecing those tiny little things with a much easyer to select player ship around is very hard.

EDIT: Also: Bombers, who needs them? Only good to supplement a solaris capital ship nowadays.

Bomber Turrets - Junes - 04-14-2011

If the purpose of your bomber ain't shootin' NPCs, go for full EMPs, always. That way you can drop trader's or the opponent's shield in a PvP pretty fast. And use your SNAC only for the hull.

Also: Get a Roc.

Bomber Turrets - r3vange - 04-14-2011

[color=#FFFFFF]Full EMPs for me, but then again I play little with bombers and when I do I usually pew fighters

Bomber Turrets - Hielor - 04-14-2011

' Wrote:If shooting transports only, go with full energy, a lot of people don't understand how energy efficient they are.

Basically in waran, you'll do more damage if you shoot his shield with snac and hull with guns then other way around. (plus if you mount 4 energy guns is like having 2 emp with them)
This is ridiculously backwards, don't listen to this guy. SNACs are very inefficient against shields and should never ever be used against shields of anything below a gunboat.

H/E: Hull damage per point of energy
S/E: Shield damage per point of energy

EMP: H/E 0.41, S/E 4.05
Energy: H/E 5.55, S/E 2.78
SNAC: H/E 4.44, S/E 2.22

If you're trying to use guns on the hull of anything but an unarmed transport in a Waran, you're going to get yourself killed, because it's so big and easy to hit. Using the SNAC to bust the hull, you'll be able to spend most of your time dodging.

Yes, technically you can do more hull dps with 4x energy cannons in the steady state than SNACs (13042 versus 10430), but the extra 2500 only comes if you're on the target 100% of the time. If you have to dodge or maneuver at all, you'll take a big hit on your damage if you're using energy cannons, and not that big of a hit if you're using SNACs.

Bomber Turrets - SpaceTime - 04-14-2011

' Wrote:EDIT: Also: Bombers, who needs them? Only good to supplement a solaris capital ship nowadays.

That. When you just need 4 fighters to take down a Dread, why would you need a bomber? :rolleyes:

All my bombers are full EMP.

Against fighters/bombers it's good, since the important is to keep their shield down and wish for a successful SNAC.

Against transports/caps is also useful, since you keep the shield down in order to launch the SNAC and do 145k hull dmg.

Bomber Turrets - Primitive - 04-14-2011

' Wrote:This is ridiculously backwards, don't listen to this guy. SNACs are very inefficient against shields and should never ever be used against shields of anything below a gunboat.

H/E: Hull damage per point of energy
S/E: Shield damage per point of energy

EMP: H/E 0.41, S/E 4.05
Energy: H/E 5.55, S/E 2.78
SNAC: H/E 4.44, S/E 2.22

If you're trying to use guns on the hull of anything but an unarmed transport in a Waran, you're going to get yourself killed, because it's so big and easy to hit. Using the SNAC to bust the hull, you'll be able to spend most of your time dodging.

Yes, technically you can do more hull dps with 4x energy cannons in the steady state than SNACs (13042 versus 10430), but the extra 2500 only comes if you're on the target 100% of the time. If you have to dodge or maneuver at all, you'll take a big hit on your damage if you're using energy cannons, and not that big of a hit if you're using SNACs.

Yes true, emp + snac is best combination, but since he wasn't in game with bomber for some time, not sure how useful would be to have snac only for hull damage. (also ye, my mistake on snacing the shield, but he can drop trans shield with energy guns without much problems, especially in waran which has heavy core). Then of course, snac him and finish him with energy guns.

Bomber Turrets - Bootsiuv - 04-14-2011

If your inexperienced, I would use a mix of EMP and energies....as snacing fighters takes some getting used too.

Once you become comfortable SNACing snubcraft, you can go all emp's with nuke mines as a back up plan.

Bomber Turrets - Veygaar - 04-15-2011

I like to go with always 1 Energy and the rest full EMP.

To make shootin annoying ncps alittle easier:D

Bomber Turrets - Vladimir - 04-15-2011

EMP. Energy is just a waste of slots. And yeah, chances are you won't be able to shoot emps for longer than 0,5-1 seconds or you'd be dead, because firing guns make you fly in sort of a straight line, so ignore the horrible advice given to you previously and actually concentrate on snacing things. Unless you want to pew transports and gbs in your bomber, but why would you want to do that?

There are very few situations you'll find your emp guns useful, but there are no situations you'll find a mix of energy and emp or just full energy useful at all. If you can kill some noob fighter with them, you can do it with a snac too

Bomber Turrets - Taffic - 04-15-2011

So much conflicting advice :wacko:
I guess different setups work for different pilot styles.
EMP seems to be winning (for the more seasoned bomber pilots).

My intentions will be directed at other players; this is (after all) an RP server!!
NPC kills will be purely coincidental.