Discovery Gaming Community
Remaining two sleeper ships - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Remaining two sleeper ships (/showthread.php?tid=62199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Remaining two sleeper ships - Xalrok - 06-26-2011

' Wrote:Correction, the server is currently capped at 200. As much as i understood it it is limit only because the guy who is hosting the server can't support more with his current configuration, but computer technology is rushing forward at amazing speed, soon what used to be uberexpensive newest technology will drop in prices, and he will eventualy be able to upgrade his system, so i presume the number of players will be greater in the future.

The problem is that FLServer isn't designed to take advantage of multi-core processors or the more modern technology, so even a hardware upgrade won't actually help increase the player capacity of the server.

Remaining two sleeper ships - Cap.Kennedy - 06-26-2011

' Wrote:The problem is that FLServer isn't designed to take advantage of multi-core processors or the more modern technology, so even a hardware upgrade won't actually help increase the player capacity of the server.

Well that could be a problem, lets hope developers will think of something.

Remaining two sleeper ships - Daedric - 06-26-2011

' Wrote:Correction, the server is currently capped at 200. As much as i understood it it is limit only because the guy who is hosting the server can't support more with his current configuration, but computer technology is rushing forward at amazing speed, soon what used to be uberexpensive newest technology will drop in prices, and he will eventualy be able to upgrade his system, so i presume the number of players will be greater in the future.

Correction, it isn't a hardware issue. It is a software issue. Dear Cannon does have ideas on a work around, but that doesn't mean he will be successful. Though he tends to be.

Remaining two sleeper ships - CzeReptile - 06-26-2011

' Wrote:Well that could be a problem, lets hope developers will think of something.

Yes yes yes. And even then, I support less systems that are populated, instead of wasting time to create systems in remote endless wastelands. Tadadaaa and what not.

Remaining two sleeper ships - Cap.Kennedy - 06-26-2011

' Wrote:Yes yes yes. And even then, I support less systems that are populated, instead of wasting time to create systems in remote endless wastelands. Tadadaaa and what not.

Well, so much about that idea, too bad, it would be interesting, guess i just could not make peace with the fact that so many nations died out, but current systems that are not populated are good, if someone wants to take a break from all that players, and enjoy some npc farming or something. Only systems that do not make sense to me are Guard systems, what use is for a system that offers no missions, no trading, no mining and everyone who enters is instantly vaporized, it is a good idea in theory, but it is practically dead system, what motive does guard guy has to get here when there is nothing to do.

Remaining two sleeper ships - Pancakes - 06-26-2011

' Wrote:Well, so much about that idea, too bad, it would be interesting, guess i just could not make peace with the fact that so many nations died out, but current systems that are not populated are good, if someone wants to take a break from all that players, and enjoy some npc farming or something. Only systems that do not make sense to me are Guard systems, what use is for a system that offers no missions, no trading, no mining and everyone who enters is instantly vaporized, it is a good idea in theory, but it is practically dead system, what motive does guard guy has to get here when there is nothing to do.

They are there to equip that faction's with the best equipment said faction offers.

Remaining two sleeper ships - Klaw117 - 06-26-2011

We already know what happened to those in the other sleeper ships. The Italian sleeper ship transfered its passengers to the Hispania, which caused severe overload and made it much easier for the Coalition to destroy its engines with its saboteurs. The Outcasts are basically the Italian half of the Hispania sleeper ship. The Australian sleeper ship either transported its passengers to the Bretonia or was completely destroyed before it could transfer its passengers. A Gallic news story says that the Australian sleeper ship was completely destroyed, but the Bretonia also suffered engine problems, which could indicate that it was overloaded with extra passengers, leading to engine weaknesses. The fate of the Italians is relatively clear (they became the Outcasts), but the fate of the Australians is not (either they lived on in Bretonia or died).

Remaining two sleeper ships - Pancakes - 06-26-2011

' Wrote:We already know what happened to those in the other sleeper ships. The Italian sleeper ship transfered its passengers to the Hispania, which caused severe overload and made it much easier for the Coalition to destroy its engines with its saboteurs. The Outcasts are basically the Italian half of the Hispania sleeper ship. The Australian sleeper ship either transported its passengers to the Bretonia or was completely destroyed before it could transfer its passengers. A Gallic news story says that the Australian sleeper ship was completely destroyed, but the Bretonia also suffered engine problems, which could indicate that it was overloaded with extra passengers, leading to engine weaknesses. The fate of the Italians is relatively clear (they became the Outcasts), but the fate of the Australians is not (either they lived on in Bretonia or died).

You are quite right, but i'll fix you a bit, not all of the Italia's passengers moved to the Hispania, only some of them, and by the information we have the Australia was poof'ed, although many players believe (I am one of em) that some of them were on board the Bretonia.

Remaining two sleeper ships - Hone - 06-26-2011

Actually the Corsairs are the italians, thats why their ships are named after Roman soldiers. And I was always told that most of the Australaisians were transferred to Betonia, and most of the Canadians were transfered to the Liberty.

Remaining two sleeper ships - Ceoran - 06-26-2011

' Wrote:Actually the Corsairs are the italians, thats why their ships are named after Roman soldiers. And I was always told that most of the Australaisians were transferred to Betonia, and most of the Canadians were transfered to the Liberty.

Actually both corsairs and outcasts have members of both the original houses among them. The names really aren't indicators about their heritage if it comes to the omicron-factions. It is know that DA had to rush with the completion of the game and as such many stuff wasn't properly worked out.
The corsairs planet is named after a greek island and their prime fighters name is taken from the greek mythology as well.
Leon and Cadiz both are named after spanish towns.
Only the older fighters are named after those italian ranks.