Discovery Gaming Community
Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier (/showthread.php?tid=6254)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - Jinx - 02-16-2008

first of - i like it much. allthough this model reminds me of the outcast dreadnaught. ( little module section to the front, voluminous part to the back and a tower that is situated in the very rear )

ever thought about retexturing it as a replacement for the outcast star wars model? - matches the general shape... and the hard edges go well with the outcasts ships ( epyons battleship and the upcoming gunboat ) - of course the gunturret pillars would have to go then.

reasons why it - on the other hand - should be rheinland: - it includes everything rheinland stands for. it looks as heavily armoured as the current battleship, it looks barey movable, it looks like a factory.

Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - Xing - 02-16-2008

well, I think replacing ship ideas are rather not so well seen here.
And I always thought Rheinland needed something to keep up with Liberty techs =P
@mjolnir: the engines are in the middle. The only thing not in the middle is the large command tower.

Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - Xing - 02-17-2008

some more texture works

[Image: reichlargepp7.png]

Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - pchwang - 02-17-2008

Very nice!

Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - Dab - 02-17-2008

Please, oh please, make it smaller than the RH BS.. That way we don't have two giant monstrosities, and RM has the option of a BS that can actually move, rather than be a 'sit and hope you hurt them faster than they hurt you..' ship..

Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - Dopamino - 02-17-2008

You mean make it a Battlecruiser instead of a Carrier? I think it looks better as a hulking Carrier than it would as a Battlecruiser. You guys should probably get a battlecruiser too though.

Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - chopper - 02-17-2008

I have only one complaint.. 2500 men is like a crew on... Earth?
These giant ships, aren't they supposed to carry much more people?
Of those 2500, at least 500 would be fighters (It's carrier, right?), but you need Chefs, Medics, Engineers etc etc..

Nah, I just got up early, i guess.

Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - Xing - 02-17-2008

I've sorted numbers at random, by making big guesswork. You can try to set mroe realistic number though.

Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - Dopamino - 02-17-2008

It's the future though, so you don't need so many people to crew a ship. Most of it can be done by machines and computers.

Reichstag class Rheinland Carrier - chopper - 02-17-2008

I guess you'r right.. Remember Alien 1? 10 people on that giant ship..

Yup, my bad.
Anyway, it looks pretty good to me.
And I am glad that someone has taken a lawful cap ship for developing.
Houses can have as many caps as they want, i wouldn't be bothered with it.
But when i see people developing battleships for Hogosha and Gaians, it makes me sick:)