Discovery Gaming Community
Pirate ID questions - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Pirate ID questions (/showthread.php?tid=67825)

Pages: 1 2

Pirate ID questions - Not Espi - 10-22-2011

Junker ID

Pirate ID questions - Zynth - 10-22-2011

' Wrote:Junker ID

Ah yes. With a Junker ID, you can pirate in Independent, Borderworlds and Edge space. But NOT in House Space.

With it. You can be neutral to all houses (excluding Kusari) and still pirate, although restricted to certain areas.

Pirate ID questions - elrica - 10-24-2011

' Wrote:Um. No. I don't know where you pulled this from, but considering KuEx is the only open GB choice for Generic IDs, I am sure it can be used anywhere, without majority of open-minded players frowning it.

Sorry, I meant to say it in the sense that, if you hang around in the omegas exclusively...as in you don't even go to Kusari much... then it's not in following with the guidelines for everything else.

I got it from an admin announcement clarifying that the KuEx is a Kusari Civilian ship...not a Sirius-wide civilian ship.

I also got it from the fact that equipment is meant to reflect RP, including ZOI. That's to say, using the KuEX comes with RP limitations...it's not totally free use for pirate IDs.

Pirate ID questions - Kaghuros - 10-28-2011

' Wrote:Sorry, I meant to say it in the sense that, if you hang around in the omegas exclusively...as in you don't even go to Kusari much... then it's not in following with the guidelines for everything else.

I got it from an admin announcement clarifying that the KuEx is a Kusari Civilian ship...not a Sirius-wide civilian ship.

I also got it from the fact that equipment is meant to reflect RP, including ZOI. That's to say, using the KuEX comes with RP limitations...it's not totally free use for pirate IDs.

But couldn't a would-be unlawful have simply stolen it or bought it and taken off in it to see the stars before becoming a pirate? I'm not sure if it should be frowned upon in the sense that there are very real motivations for taking a ship from your home system (if you're Kusari) and running as far away as you can. Though I suppose there would still be the RP restriction of being Kusari, or having to have lived in Kusari space to first acquire one, which might be what you mean.

Pirate ID questions - aerelm - 10-28-2011

' Wrote:I got it from an admin announcement clarifying that the KuEx is a Kusari Civilian ship...not a Sirius-wide civilian ship.
The only thing it effects is who can or cannot use it. If I remember that discussion correctly, the clarification was made after someone asked whether or not Junkers (Who are red to Kus Civi but green to Sirius Civi) can use the 'Civilian' vessel called KusExp. So if you check the chart you'll notice there are more than a couple of factions who could've used the KusExp if it was civilian but now they can't (BHG, Sairs, Junkers, Rogues, etc).

' Wrote:I also got it from the fact that equipment is meant to reflect RP, including ZOI. That's to say, using the KuEX comes with RP limitations...it's not totally free use for pirate IDs.
Equipment does not dictate your ZoI unless clearly stated in the tech chart (Like Gallic techs). Otherwise, you can use a KusExp just as you can use an Eagle if your ID allows you to.

Of course, you can always say in your sense of RP it's bad form to use a KusExp exclusively for Omegas, but you can't say it's a rule violation or frown upon, cause that's just you reflecting your personal view not everyone agrees with.