Discovery Gaming Community
bomber turrets on a transport? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: bomber turrets on a transport? (/showthread.php?tid=69678)

Pages: 1 2 3

bomber turrets on a transport? - Lunaphase - 12-07-2011

Probably the only time solo pirating is ever actually difficult..

bomber turrets on a transport? - jxie93 - 12-08-2011

Note that fighter turrets only work well with the smaller transports because of their limited range.

Bomber turrets will be quite a nice light show.

bomber turrets on a transport? - Ursus - 12-08-2011

Yep I use PGs already. Trying to get my hands on some buckshots since they are white-cell to me with IC ID

I was just wondering if the bomber turrets would work and if they were usable with the 350m/s speed

Rorry's comment about ptrans makes me glad they aren't

bomber turrets on a transport? - jammi - 12-08-2011

' Wrote:I would mount fighter turrets instead of bomber ones. Its not an easy thing fighting a full goddes chain gun turret shire (maybe a few debs, too) in a snub ... solo.
Any competent bomber pilot can destroy one of those without receiving any damage. The PG's comparative range to the SNAC is extremely low. Bombers have a 1k invulnerability range window to play with.

For fighters, the PGs won't make much difference over transport turrets. A Shire will always be a tough nut to crack for a VHF. But really, other than macho sadists, who pirates in a VHF?

bomber turrets on a transport? - Echo 7-7 - 12-08-2011

' Wrote:...But really, other than macho sadists, who pirates in a VHF?

* Echo 7-7 raises his hand slowly.

I pirate in HFs, too.

When I've got time, I'm going to try pirating in a LF.

Bombers are for nubs:P

@OP: eh, the question has been answered. You can't mount them.

bomber turrets on a transport? - jammi - 12-08-2011

' Wrote:* jammi raises his hand slowly.

I pirate in HFs, too.

@OP: eh, the question has been answered. You can't mount them.
Admittedly, I'm partial to a bit of Titan robbery. Freighter theft is much more fun though. But still, my point stands. 9/10 pirates will either be bombers, GBs or PTrans'. :P

bomber turrets on a transport? - Ursus - 12-08-2011

' Wrote:The PG's comparative range to the SNAC is extremely low. Bombers have a 1k invulnerability range window to play with.
Well that's why they want you to cut your engines, and why I never do. Lot harder to hit me from 1k with a dumbfire when I'm moving around. And if he can hit me while I'm moving around, then I'm going to die no matter what guns I've got. Same for gunboats, you are going to run out of HP before you make it to the next base regardless of the guns you are shooting back with (not true for all freighters but it's true in the general case). Also true for squadrons of VHFs that get multiplier effects from their multiple mines and guns.

Really the only reason for having turrets at all is to slow down the rate of damage you are taking by making the attacker(s) dodge. The transport turrets act like they do this with big damage and wepaons speed but they are so slow to turn and fire that it's very hard to hit fast moving target while also trying to steer towards safe harbor. The best tactic for most transports is to make the attacker(s) line up behind you and then unload some type-2 guns and either destroy them or make them fall back, so that you get more time to escape.

Class 5 achieves the delay effect by making a cloud of pain that they don't want to enter, forcing them to move. You don't even have to aim, just kind of spray in the general direction and they will move. Sometimes you can kill a VHF before he gets out of the cloud but really that's not the point at all.

It's also not worth trying with any ship that has less than 6 turret mounts. Pay up, or do what is necessary to keep the goods out of the enemy's hands, whatever your RP, don't bother fighting back though.

The transports that are capable of acting like small gunboats are strategically different.

And don't use those blimp transports, any noob with a SNAC can hit those

bomber turrets on a transport? - Tachyon - 12-09-2011

' Wrote:who pirates in a VHF?

I do it sometimes, but only, if I want to do some comparably easy piracy. I still use my Scimis for piracy, you'll be surprised how much firepower that small thing has.

bomber turrets on a transport? - Zynth - 12-10-2011

' Wrote:* Zynth raises his hand slowly.

I pirate in HFs, too.

I pirate in a Starflea. Cruise Disruptors and High Class equipment are for nubs.

bomber turrets on a transport? - Veygaar - 12-10-2011

Imagine a Shire with 12 Bomber Energy Turrets
22,512 Shield dps
45,024 Hull dps

More damage than a nomnom turret Scorpion

[Image: sweetjesus.jpg]

' Wrote:Rorry's comment about...
My name is Caleb kthx