Discovery Gaming Community
A question about selling a used BS. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: A question about selling a used BS. (/showthread.php?tid=70384)

Pages: 1 2

A question about selling a used BS. - 'Ends' - 12-20-2011

When analysing a ship's price you need to take into account the faction it belongs to,the rep sheet,whether or not it has guard rep,equipment loadout,location,its price at bases,as well as the ship's general statistics.
After reading the ship seller's comments,the ship itself is actually selling lower than its base price,and is not taking into consideration the fact that time is required to fly to and fro to adjust the rep such that the guard rep is maxed out and the ship can be bought for use/selling.
And it's not just the time to make the ship,but also the amount of credits that you have to put in intially to buy the ship,ships and bribes cost money.

A question about selling a used BS. - Vladimir - 12-20-2011

I won't sell any bs lower than 420 if it has rep right. And obviously it won't have armor or bs scanner, that's for sure.

A question about selling a used BS. - Zahas - 12-20-2011

i usualy sell my ships somewhere with a discount of between 10% - 20 % based on there actual value (equipment,guns, ammo etc.)
If it's a BS for me i usualy go for 450-500 mil whitout armor.

and... everyone is free to sell/buy there ship at whatever price they want

A question about selling a used BS. - leonidos - 12-20-2011

' Wrote:That and 2 razors , 2 missiles and a mortar.
Mortar costs 10 million, 2 razors around 20 million and 2 missiles around 6 million. 7 basics cost around 5 million.
Add that all up equipment costs 41 million, the ship costs 445 million. Together 486 million and im selling it for 420 million.Which is 66 milllion less.
@Darky the price you are offering is quite cheap. Dont know why its sold yet. A corsair osiris is something that has a high demand always. Your setup is not bad also.. So 450 mill is a good price. From where i see you are taking 30 mill loss.

@Mike
Man the whole thing depends on the seller. There is a guy who sold 7 of his bs with bs scanner @450 mill. All the ship sold within 1 hrs. I didnt got a chance. When i saw all sold. Next day i found 6 of those ships on sale forum with @650 mill. So you cant expect everyone selling cheap. Besides you bought a mako for real cheap price which is only possible because mako dont have Much attraction.
You are lucky while getting a cosair osiris that cheap. Now everyone is stocking money for 4.86. Thats why darky dont get a buyer.

A question about selling a used BS. - AeternusDoleo - 12-20-2011

Meh. If he can't sell it for 420 he'll eventually either drop the price or be stuck with it for all eternity. Whining about noone wanting to buy it isn't going to get the thing sold.

A question about selling a used BS. - themikeruler - 12-20-2011

' Wrote:You frakkin' kidding me right?

If other sell them for 420 with cap5 then why bother Q_Qing and crying about this lad here, if you can buy it off the others? If other sell them for that low, doesn't mean Darky should aswell. Although the price is bargain. It doesn't matter how much have you paid for a Mako a MONTH ago, nor does it matter how much condoms were a year ago? About 30 cents, they're 40 now. Economy changes so are the prices. Grow up dammit.
My god, you hard-heads aren't understanding my point. I'm not debating this because i want the kid to lower his prices so i can buy his ship, I already have one of my own for christ's sake. IWe're discussing this because i'm tired of his ass complaining about nobody buying his damn ship because he is the cause of his own problems, i absolutely can't stand it when people bitch about things that they can just change themselves.

' Wrote:Meh. If he can't sell it for 420 he'll eventually either drop the price or be stuck with it for all eternity. Whining about noone wanting to buy it isn't going to get the thing sold.
Thank you.

A question about selling a used BS. - Darky - 12-22-2011

' Wrote:My god, you hard-heads aren't understanding my point. I'm not debating this because i want the kid to lower his prices so i can buy his ship, I already have one of my own for christ's sake. IWe're discussing this because i'm tired of his ass complaining about nobody buying his damn ship because he is the cause of his own problems, i absolutely can't stand it when people bitch about things that they can just change themselves.
Thank you.

You yourself say you cant stand people bitching about things but here you are bitching about me bitching about what ever i want. If you dont like me bitching about things , dont look at me bitching about things. No one's making you look. Keep your pity bumps to yourself, i dont want em.

A question about selling a used BS. - dodike - 12-22-2011

Just the guard rep of some factions alone can be worth up to 100 million credits.

A question about selling a used BS. - SeaFalcon - 12-22-2011

little man walks passed a shop. He stops for a moment when he looks at a advertisment.
"Wow, that coputer costs 1.000! wait I saw that standing here a month ago, with the same price"
"I saw some other shop sell exactly the same thing for only 850 a month ago too and still does, if I recall correctly."
"Time to talk with the shop owner about the price."
The man who seems find this price hilarious and that this pc still isn't sold he thinks he has enough proof that this shop owner isn't a really smart one.

The man asks to speak to the manager and ends up in a nice little office with the manager.
"That pc you sell there, why is it at that price? Don't you want it to be sold?"
"Hm... of course I want it sold, that's why I'm running a shop, to sell things?"
"I saw it was sold for 850 in a other shop, how come it's so expensive?"
"So I've heard, well since I want to make at least some profit I won't sell it that low, and of course I'll have to 'whine' a bit to get it sold, but at least I will have the needed profit instead of not having earned a single cent, since he's probably selling it only a inch above his buying price."

Okay this isn't about profit, but people decide their own prices, if they whine about it not being sold well that's their problem. If you can't find it anywhere else to buy it cheaper, well too bad.

Economy things, love them.
supply and demand control prices.
If there is only a small supply and high demand, prices raise.
If there is a large supply and low demand, prices drop.

But in the end it's the seller who makes the price and decides to change it or not.

A question about selling a used BS. - dodike - 12-22-2011

' Wrote:If there is only a small supply and high demand, prices raise.
That's why the Barge sells for 2-3 times as much as the dealer's price. When you buy it for 1.5x the price you can still consider it cheap.