Discovery Gaming Community
Luxury Liner Firepower - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Luxury Liner Firepower (/showthread.php?tid=7273)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Luxury Liner Firepower - mjolnir - 03-27-2008

' Wrote:They can give a Cruiser a run for their money is what...I once had Dab jump my Kusari Destroyer (Just got the armor, wasn't carrying botts or batts) and we literally spent half an hour dogfighting with the dang things. What's worse, he won. I got so tired I said "screw it" and made a break for the TL...that's when he got me.:lol:

Wasn't it when Liners could mount GB turrets?

Luxury Liner Firepower - Jinx - 03-27-2008

well - 4 GB turrets and weak fighter turrets was worse than having 11 lvl7 turrets now. - i find it hard to dodge those transport turrets. - or at least, i have to pay attention to dodge now. before they were actually worth it, i could have sat there and allmost ignored them.

but a liner that hits you with a full broadside hurts - even a gunboat and most certainly a fighter.

Luxury Liner Firepower - Othman - 03-27-2008

A luxury liner would have no chance against a cruiser. The only valid situation for a cruiser to intercept a liner is that the transport should be caught carrying and refusing to drop illegal cargo, while the cruiser is run by a local police or military enforcer who has the authorization to open fire in the case.

Luxury Liner Firepower - Eppy - 03-27-2008

Quote:Wasn't it when Liners could mount GB turrets?

That's the thing that gets me-he wasn't packing any Gunboat turrets. Just level four Transport turrets.

Luxury Liner Firepower - Othman - 03-27-2008

Mounting gunboat turrets on transport class was not fair. As Jinx said, the current level 7(4) transport turrets are doing a decent enough job.

Luxury Liner Firepower - lcpong1 - 03-27-2008

What is the best cruiser and do i need battleship ID for cruiser?

Luxury Liner Firepower - Robert.Fitzgerald - 03-27-2008

If you are here just to get the best cruiser, you better stop while you're still ahead. If you don't have any roleplay for a ship, DO NOT use it.

Luxury Liner Firepower - kacijon - 03-27-2008

Well im about to buy a luxury liner so this forum is good to .my dreams is luxury liner

Luxury Liner Firepower - chopper - 03-27-2008

Jinx, not so sure about this :

Quote:well - 4 GB turrets and weak fighter turrets was worse than having 11 lvl7 turrets now. - i find it hard to dodge those transport turrets. - or at least, i have to pay attention to dodge now. before they were actually worth it, i could have sat there and allmost ignored them.

Many people think that Transport turret 4 can compare to Gunboat turrets.
Well, it can't.
With 900/450 damage, 1000 speed and 2.0 refire it's still 2x weaker then Order GB turret.
That means, 4 Order GB turrets on a Liner would do about the same damage as 8 Transport 4 turrets.
Plus, they have better refire and higher speed = much easier to hit with.
And you would still have 7 slots, for tizona/salamanca/buckshot turrets or something.

Liner with 7 tizona turrets and 2 Cerberus + 2 Order turrets was able to take on a Destroyer any time.

Quote:That's the thing that gets me-he wasn't packing any Gunboat turrets. Just level four Transport turrets.

Eppyon, while Liners could mount GB turrets - there weren't class 4 Transport turrets.
Or maybe they were there, but they were pretty much useless.
So, I think you got it a bit wrong.

Luxury Liner Firepower - Niezck - 03-27-2008

Just started up the Sunbucks Cafe 002 - a Lux Liner. The guns on it are average, can bring down a lonely fighter without too much trouble. Gunboat you've got problems, Cruiser you've got no real chance. But then again you shouldn't be fighting one of those. All in all it's a nice ship, good for selling donuts and coffee i must say:)

~Niezck