Discovery Gaming Community
Should fighters have their armor reduced? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Should fighters have their armor reduced? (/showthread.php?tid=74373)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Should fighters have their armor reduced? - Mímir - 02-07-2012

I think the balance is great as it levels the playing field (a few new players can take down a BS) - although bats/bots keeps fighter PVP-battles going for so long that is sometimes just stops being entertaining.

Should fighters have their armor reduced? - Hone - 02-07-2012

I have a question; in vanilla did the regens do the same amount of repair as they do in disco?

Regardless, I say either remove the armour upgrades, or add in other options you can have instead, such as shield upgrades, and weapon/core upgrades, so someone could upgrade thier ship to do more damage, meaning it vs an armour upgraded ship would be the same as 2 armourless ships fighting.

Cos fighter pvp really is too long, laggy, and boring.

Should fighters have their armor reduced? - Not Espi - 02-07-2012

afaik AU's don't increase your armor, just reduce the damage you take. otherwise one batch of bots would last you for half a hull.

Should fighters have their armor reduced? - ... kur nubėgo? - 02-07-2012

This would require total rework on balance as a whole. Since a lot of stuff goes around max armor and a chance to take out some fighters instantly. Increasing damage of razors, mines or misiles would skrew up entire balance. And it's not that simple as to rise damage per second procentage..

However, not like such changes needs to take place at all. Longer fights are actually quite fun. And there will be a portion of people who now want faster fights to get back to longer fights if such system is introduced someday.

So why to bother with all the work?

Should fighters have their armor reduced? - Bootsiuv - 02-07-2012

I agree that snubs are too strong in principle.

A cap ship should be able to insta-kill a fighter.

However, this would make cap ships stronger, which would require re-balancing every ship in the game in the end.

That's a lot of work to do....for free.

Just do what I do, and fly a bomber. Either you instakill ur opponent, or you die fairly quickly. At least that's how it works for me, but then again, I suck....so.:unsure:

Should fighters have their armor reduced? - Not Espi - 02-07-2012

i agree. a long fight can be fun as well. i was in fights that lasted so long my wrists hurt. if i wouldn't enjoy those, i would just let the other team kill me faster. but the motivation was not to win, mostly, but to stay and enjoy that dogfight. i still remember how 101st shot sails down 10-0 in etna, but still enjoyed it epically. i also remember how mandos 'ambushed' us in omega 3 when we were moving to cadiz with a ptrans full of ransom credit cards. i remember how we had a council vs grn event and i laughed all the time, and i died because i had to type stupid sexist comments (not that i'd beat joe or fran, anyway). nonetheless, i swear my stomach hurt after that fight. i remember, when in xa, we killed 3 gunboats and emptied one dread with only 2 bombers. and that WAS a challenge like hell. after that was over, i felt like i need to take a shower. sweat on my forehead was just soaking my eyes, i swear. but i enjoyed it, nonetheless. another time on xa, it was 2 tridents. 'well - they are outcasts in liberty, so they die. those are the rules, man.'

if there's a fight i don't like, it's when someone plays it safe and starts shieldrunning at the point when their shield hits 50%. and when that happens, i call it a day and just mine myself or something.

the thing is - it's not how long the fight lasts. it's the quality.

*the entire post was just a blatant excuse for the poster's inability to control his minedropping device in a fight*

Should fighters have their armor reduced? - Veygaar - 02-07-2012

Ah:DPeople complaining that Fighters don't have enough advantage against Bombers make me giggle inside.

Should fighters have their armor reduced? - Govedo13 - 02-07-2012

No thank you, 8,33s are already OP just learn to use them, bomber guns on 400 speed and SNAC are good thing to do- with little experience you have good chances to win in bomber vs 70% of the VHFs on the server.

Should fighters have their armor reduced? - Jihadjoe - 02-07-2012

' Wrote:with little experience you have good chances to win in bomber vs 70% of the VHFs on the server.

LOL.

Also, fighters are generally speaking fine as they are.

Should fighters have their armor reduced? - Govedo13 - 02-07-2012

Well there are like 100 people who can PvP on decent level in the server, from them there are like 30-40 with decent enough aim to kill good dodger before it docks(it means good hit-ratio and enough dps to actually kill the dodging target in reasonable time- 20k thrusting max), the rest are fair game for experienced bomber pilot.
I find bounty hunting in bomber much more easy then in VHF, when you attack bomber in VHF 90% of the cases the bomber will dodge home and dock drained (20k-30k to the nearest dockable station for him for example ), when you attack VHF with VHF- same when it looses half of its bots and cannot win- dodge home, no blue msg no collecting. If you hit capable unsnacable fighter pilot- well then you dodge.:lol:
If you does not believe me scroll around the bounty board.
In general the solution is to increase all fighter guns projective speeds with 20-30% and reduce their dps with 20-30% together with fixing the 8.33 guns.