Discovery Gaming Community
Bomber Rocket Gun - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Bomber Rocket Gun (/showthread.php?tid=75777)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bomber Rocket Gun - Anonymous User - 03-01-2012

well... all depends on the pilot.

i got one on my upholder. and i land a kill with it here and there even against snubs.

not that hard to hit with it with some training in my opinion.

Bomber Rocket Gun - Mímir - 03-01-2012

How do you use it? Do you change weapons to the rocket gun so you get the crosshair? Or do you "dumbfire"?

Also I would like to see a lower firing rate balanced by higher damage pr. shot - it sucks badly to go on a grand gamma raid only to run out of rockets 30 seconds after arrival...

Bomber Rocket Gun - meoshi - 03-01-2012

It eats ammo like a BOSS!

Bomber Rocket Gun - Narendran87 - 03-01-2012

Yep More ammo must be added to this to really have a use

Bomber Rocket Gun - Anonymous User - 03-01-2012

' Wrote:How do you use it? Do you change weapons to the rocket gun so you get the crosshair? Or do you "dumbfire"?

extra weap group for it only.

and i use it at lowrange wep against snubs.

so when I'm right (damn close) behind them or we're just flying at each other at the moment.

then i fire 4-8 of them... well. and only against hull.

quite effective.

about the lower rate but nore dmg - me no gusta.

wont change much against GB/trans and up but would make them totally useless against snubs.

edit:
more ammo would make it OP because it is already damn powerfull if used right.

Bomber Rocket Gun - Mímir - 03-01-2012

Thanks for the tip. And yeah you are probably right about the fire rate, its just someone told me that there is an maximum of 70 units of ammunition in Freelancer that cant be circumvented - I was thinking of a way to stretch those 70 rockets so you wont run out so super fast, which is a problem when you have to do a bit of travelling to find your targets. Oh well, can't have it all.

Bomber Rocket Gun - ryoken - 03-01-2012

' Wrote:Thanks for the tip. And yeah you are probably right about the fire rate, its just someone told me that there is an maximum of 70 units of ammunition in Freelancer that cant be circumvented - I was thinking of a way to stretch those 70 rockets so you wont run out so super fast, which is a problem when you have to do a bit of travelling to find your targets. Oh well, can't have it all.

I have seen many freelancer mods with more then 70 ammo. Perfectly doable. Even seen ammo take up cargo space at 10 rounds per slot.
But yeah giving it more ammo would make it OP.

Bomber Rocket Gun - Narendran87 - 03-01-2012

an bomber is built to be OP

Bomber Rocket Gun - Yerland - 03-01-2012

I would say the rocket gun is very powerful. If you catch a snub being a little lazy with it dodging you can destroy them with such a small burst they wont know what hit them. Against gunboats it is a fairly good weapon, if the gunboat is consciously dodging then it might be able to avoid most of the shots, but if you catch it a long burst can take a very noticeable chunk out of one. Against bigger ships that don't have much chance to dodge you can still take a good chunk out of their health but your Snac would probably be a better idea.

I've observed a bomber take a chunk out of a big cap with them but didn't take part in that fight. I have fought a bomber with 4 rocket guns equipped in a rogue gb and in a snub. If I wasn't very careful I got royally pwned every time, but if I could outlive his ammo his only weapon was a snac and with just that alone it was much less threatening. All of my experience against them is in relatively short fights against one or two. Obviously if fighting drags on too long your rocket gun will run out of ammo and become a pretty hood ornament.

Bomber Rocket Gun - AeternusDoleo - 03-01-2012

Just for the record: The rocket "pod" is basically a gun type weapon with limited ammo and abyssimal accurary. Every shot has a random deviation of 0 to 0.3 radials on the X and Y axis if I'm not misstaken. The damage is high however, and impact damage. The "rockets" do not do explosive damage.