Discovery Gaming Community
Piggums Official Random Thought Thread - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Piggums Official Random Thought Thread (/showthread.php?tid=76719)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Piggums Official Random Thought Thread - Death.RunningVerminator - 03-23-2012

Hey Burg. What's new?

Piggums Official Random Thought Thread - Jimothy - 03-23-2012

Whatever causes them thar realisations, I require great tokes of it. Please dispense!

Piggums Official Random Thought Thread - Marburg - 03-23-2012

' Wrote:well, if our mind thus our thoughts aren't anything more then just
electric pulses wouldn't that make us 'as' smart as any complex organism?
If you were to think of human existence within the scope of a more panoramic & comprehensive 'system' then we might be more inclined to think of our existences akin to being a smaller cog working within a bigger universal 'machine'

Just roll with me on this just for the 'eff of it:

Remember the game, "7 Degrees of Kevin Bacon/Seperation?"

...Where everyone in the world anyone knows, knows one another through a short chain of unrelated individuals.

In space, gravity attracts matter onto itself.

Seems only logical that particular natural force would work everywhere & consciousness naturally gravitates to where it feels pulled.

It could open one to wonder, (if one were open to wondering in the first place) how magical the historically traditional concept of Fate really is in reality when you add in Physics.

Piggums Official Random Thought Thread - Death.RunningVerminator - 03-23-2012

' Wrote:Hey Burg. What's new?

Flood seems to follow me.

Not to discount the previous random thought though, ( I mean, hell...can one really just brush off Fate with a spam post?)

Who's to say? Maybe...maybe not.

Speaking of flood: Curses...do they really exist, or do they only exist because people like to only think they exist & self-fulfill their own personal prophesies w/ 'em?

Piggums Official Random Thought Thread - Stuffz - 03-23-2012

Fate is overrated.

Question is, do you care if something happened because of fate or by chance?
The outcome is the same.

Although the concept of fate destroys all hope of being able to choose for yourself.

Then again, is fate making me writing this post?

And is it my fate to spend my night here on this board, talking about random stuff nobody really cares about?

well, now you have to take the passage of 'time' into account.

Was it your fate to have posted what you, just by chance, chose to post about something, even though that something is probably something that most people don't really care about?

Yeah, let that sink in for a while:yes:

Piggums Official Random Thought Thread - Stuffz - 03-23-2012

So you're saying my fate was to post something by chance? You're implying that chance has a place in fate.
Interesting.

Good thing I don't believe in fate though;)

I don't either, really.

I've taken everything I've learned to know, & I mix that with with what I like to think is possible & I mix all that into what I understand of the physical universe, & after all that, just like everyone else, the only real answer I can come up with is, "I don't know"

Honestly, it's not important to me if fate exists or not. What makes me curious about it is how the common concept of fate affects society on an individual level from person to person & how it seemingly interconnects with others around them

Ah! come on... I'm not really that 'high concept' after all, I still dig fart jokes...but I'm Just sayin!

How often has it happened that you think one day of someone you know that you haven't thought of in years,and will in one form or another re-enter your sphere of influence by one form or another by a random encounter within days or weeks of the initial thought of them?

Someone brings up a movie in random conversation that you only sort of remember, and soon after, either that very same movie will air on a channel you catch as you surf past, or you will notice an actor in another movie that helps you remember the initial movie of conversation.

You know it has happened to you at some point:P