Discovery Gaming Community
Got answer lock please. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Got answer lock please. (/showthread.php?tid=77069)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Got answer lock please. - ryoken - 03-28-2012

' Wrote:There are no Freelancer bases anywhere except Coronado so discussion is pointless. That is ignoring the fact this was a very weakly disguised whine thread because you got called out.

Koeln. Go look again mate. There is a freelancer base there. Man do you research anything before you speak?

Got answer lock please. - Gentlefood - 03-28-2012

' Wrote:There are no Freelancer bases anywhere except Coronado so discussion is pointless. That is ignoring the fact this was a very weakly disguised whine thread because you got called out.

Actually I believe he's talking about Heisenberg Research Station which is located in Koeln. Still in Rheinland space.

However thinking that the old Decrepit duck-taped together Research Station could house a Capital is quite silly. Ontop of that, If said ship were to be able to dock, it is still very very within house space and would not be wise of the 'owners' to allow such an action.

The rumors from Wuppertal state that the station was taken over by Freelancers because noone wanted it, which means noone will miss it if the Rheinwehr decides to simply wipe it off the map.

Got answer lock please. - Stefan - 03-28-2012

' Wrote:Koeln. Go look again mate. There is a freelancer base there. Man do you research anything before you speak?
Ye, Koeln holds a Freelancer base. I never liked the fact Koeln is house space tbh, keeps my Zoner away from some routes there. Pitty. But thats out of the point. d:

' Wrote:Same goes for Freelancer and Junker bases and the reason is the same reason why the navy don't have control over them:
They don't want a hot potato on their hands.

Situation: Liberty invades Rheinland. Gets whooped. Junkers let Liberty dock on their bases. Rheinland threatens Junkers to consider them hostiles. Junkers ask Liberty to leave. Liberty threatens Junkers to consider them hostiles. Junkers divide by zero and return to the past.

About Freelancers, do a CTRL+F and replace 'Junkers' by 'Freelancers'.

Yup this is pretty much my take on it. Only diff is Congress can FR5 someone for junker bases, but there is no "Official" Freelancer faction to FR5 people from thier bases.
Thx for the well put reply lucad.

PS. I think i spotted a Freelancer base in Gallia to. Need to go look again though.

Got answer lock please. - Butcher - 03-28-2012

' Wrote:No whine lad. Was a question. You really need to take some grammer courses, and learn the english language.

Also thx. You just earned me $600.00 in a bet i had on skype. I bet you would be on the first page trolling/flaming me without actually reading the post.:P

Heed your own advice.

Got answer lock please. - Nick.Walker - 03-28-2012

' Wrote:There are no Freelancer bases anywhere except Coronado so discussion is pointless.

Just an FYI, there is a freelancer base in Koeln. Heisenberg Research Station, and I think that Koeln was added as Rheinland house space.

As for the rest Vic, I agree, he's whining.

' Wrote:Actually I believe he's talking about Heisenberg Research Station which is located in Koeln. Still in Rheinland space.

However thinking that the old Decrepit duck-taped together Research Station could house a Capital is quite silly. Ontop of that, If said ship were to be able to dock, it is still very very within house space and would not be wise of the 'owners' to allow such an action.

The rumors from Wuppertal state that the station was taken over by Freelancers because noone wanted it, which means noone will miss it if the Rheinwehr decides to simply wipe it off the map.

You forget this is Discovery. 90% of the bases in game could not support even a heavy transport. Also who ever said Capital. Maybe i was thinking my Salvager full of Artifact's, or my Corsair fighter running from RM, and so on. I was thinking my dread:) but should not jump ahead hehe.

' Wrote:As for the rest Vic, I agree, he's whining.

Not whining. Just trying to get info on the subject.
Now whining would be: Some dum BDM chased me to a freelancer base, told me not to dock, then rule lawyered for 5 minutes at me claiming i docked against rules at a lawful base. But alas i did not say that did i? :secret:

Got answer lock please. - farmerman - 03-28-2012

At least for stations and big ship, inrp the authorities would just be able to shoot it as you're sitting there in space. Since it won't fit into the dock. Because it's big. And then if you did get off onto, say, Heisenberg, wouldn't they just kick the doors in and follow you? It's an issue with the system for sure.

In conclusion, if you're in Koeln and the lawful authorities are on your tale, trying to hide at one of the other stations is a better bet. Like that cruiser, which can shoot the RM and then move its location (inrp). :)

Got answer lock please. - Snoozzzer - 03-28-2012

[font=Comic Sans Ms]Sometimes Ryo, we just won't get that blue message. The rules are pretty straight forward as to your question. Roleplaying out the situation and accepting any consequences would too, seem fairly straightforward.

LNS docks at Baden Baden, complain to the RM and see what happens. LNS docks at the freelancer base in Koeln, complain to the RM or Freelancers' union and see what happens.

Honestly, I'm not too sure what the issue here is. And not many others seem to find issue here either. Unless that is, you really caring so much about having chased an enemy ship for 20 minutes, only to in the end have them escape and not be blown up by your hand

---and yes, I did see the post hinting that it was you who ran