Discovery Gaming Community
AI ID - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: AI ID (/showthread.php?tid=77147)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

AI ID - Butcher - 03-30-2012

' Wrote:Uh...wrong.

Xenos are pirates. So are outcasts and corsairs.

Uh... wrong.. Xeno's are terrorists. Outcasts and Corsairs are not pirates, you think every single individual who lives on Malta is a pirate? Yea.. you see that farmer over there that grows cardamine.. yea he partakes in piracy on the weekends.. no.. Being a pirate implies engaging in the act of piracy. Bottom line is unless you see them engaging in the act of piracy you shouldn't just consider them to be pirates, your basing your knowledge of what they are off of their ID, WHICH DOES NOT EXSIST inRP.

Being a Outcast or Corsair implies belonging to one of the nations.

AI ID - prisoner98002 - 03-30-2012

' Wrote:Uh... wrong.. Xeno's are terrorists. Outcasts and Corsairs are not pirates, you think every single individual who lives on Malta is a pirate? Yea.. you see that farmer over there that grows cardamine.. yea he partakes in piracy on the weekends.. no.. Being a pirate implies engaging in the act of piracy. Bottom line is unless you see them engaging in the act of piracy you shouldn't just consider them to be pirates, your basing your knowledge of what they are off of their ID, WHICH DOES NOT EXSIST inRP.

Then we should not use IDs to tell what you are then.

' Wrote:Then we should not use IDs to tell what you are then.

Exactly.

AI ID - prisoner98002 - 03-30-2012

' Wrote:Exactly.

Thank you

AI ID - Daedric - 03-30-2012

' Wrote:If the ID says you can pirate - by the rule book that ID is a pirate of some type and thus the AI ID is free to get its pew pew on with that ID.

Ignore the trolls above.

There is enough current in game lore for anyone of a lawful disposition to consider any of the 'unlawful' factions pirates. That includes the Corsairs, Outcasts, Xenos, Gaians, Farmers, Hogosha, etc etc etc.

IDs are in the game so that the carrier has his role set out and also for those interacting with him to know how to treat him. Ala - if you're interacting with a Corsair you treat him as a Corsair. Thus if you're a lawful type - a pirate. That is unless prior role play has taught you differently.

Oh yes I'm trolling because I am spewing some logic that breaks down into RP 101.

If you had not noticed:
Quote:Pilot carrying this ID is a member of the Outcasts who:

1. Can demand credits or cargo.
2. Can engage pirates, terrorists and lawfuls within their Zone of Influence.
3. Cannot ally with any military or police players, except for Bretonian lawfuls against Molly, Corsair, or Gaian players.
4. Cannot engage Nomads or Wild except in self-defense.
5. Cannot use any transports with more than 4,300 cargo

Allowed ships: Fighters, Bombers, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats, Cruisers, Battleships

You consider a outcast flying a transport carrying goods back to Malta to be a pirate? Right that sounds logical, I'm sure he fires frozen food at his targets. How about a battleship captain? Because pirates really can afford battleships, and server rules allow that. Look over the ID again, the role of trader is intentionally blended in. They are not pirates until they commit a act of piracy, this does not by any means mean that they cant be hunted for simply being Outcasts.

ID's are rule barriers and there to provide "cookie cutter" roles. It does not define the individuals RP, and you should not just assume anything.

AI ID - Hielor - 03-30-2012

' Wrote:Uh... wrong.. Xeno's are terrorists. Outcasts and Corsairs are not pirates, you think every single individual who lives on Malta is a pirate? Yea.. you see that farmer over there that grows cardamine.. yea he partakes in piracy on the weekends.. no.. Being a pirate implies engaging in the act of piracy. Bottom line is unless you see them engaging in the act of piracy you shouldn't just consider them to be pirates, your basing your knowledge of what they are off of their ID, WHICH DOES NOT EXSIST inRP.

Given that the AI ID can only engage pirates in systems without a jumpgate, and systems without a jumpgate probably experience less than 5% of the totally "piracy" engagements on the server...

you're wrong.

If you don't want to be considered a pirate, don't fly the same flag that pirates fly.

Edit: That said, the ID is poorly worded and could use clarification.

' Wrote:Oh yes I'm trolling because I am spewing some logic that breaks down into RP 101.

If you had not noticed:
You consider a outcast flying a transport carrying goods back to Malta to be a pirate? Right that sounds logical, I'm sure he fires frozen food at his targets. How about a battleship captain? Because pirates really can afford battleships, and server rules allow that. Look over the ID again, the role of trader is intentionally blended in. They are not pirates until they commit a act of piracy, this does not by any means mean that they cant be hunted for simply being Outcasts.

ID's are rule barriers and there to provide "cookie cutter" roles. It does not define the individuals RP, and you should not just assume anything.

You're crossing the rules with role play. By the rules - any ID that is allowed to pirate is a pirate. Thus, any person interacting with a person carrying any ID that is allowed to pirate can treat the person carrying it as a pirate. That is the purpose of the ID system. So that people know their role and so that others know how to treat them. That is the rules aspect.

If you want to get into the role play aspect of it? There are plenty of in game rumors, plenty of player interactions, and plenty of player created lore and role play that can be used by a person to make the claim that any Outcast is a pirate. Any. In a transport or not.

If I was a Kusari Naval/Gallic Navy character and I ran into an Outcast flying a transport full of food - first thought that would cross my mind is that he pirated it from another trader, because that is the role and lore of the Outcasts. So yes, it is logical. Need I remind you that the Pirate Transport exists for a reason? Or that you can easily feel a unarmed transport via piracy by grouping with others?

You, as a player, might not consider the Outcasts or Corsairs as pirates. That, however, is your opinion as a player and has zero to do with someone else's character's opinion of them.

Outcasts, Corsairs, Xenos, Gaians - they can all be considered pirates by anyone who encounters then due to their ID and due to past and present lore/role play.

You're right, the ID does not define an individuals role play - nor can you define another person's role play by telling them they cannot treat a Outcast ID'd transport as a pirate - as both the rules and role play allow them to do so. The choice is theirs - not yours.

' Wrote:You're right, the ID does not define an individuals role play - nor can you define another person's role play by telling them they cannot treat a Outcast ID'd transport as a pirate - as both the rules and role play allow them to do so. The choice is theirs - not yours.

Your free to decide what they are for yourself, I never said it was my choice, tell me where I did? My whole point is ID does not define that characters roll, period. You can decide for yourself whatever they are, but here's a idea, try RPing with them before assuming their some hostile, blood seeking, baby eating pirate. Instead of pirate id? lolkengaging like every other person that seems to like to blur the lines between what a RP server is and what a PVP server is.

' Wrote:They are not pirates until they commit a act of piracy, this does not by any means mean that they cant be hunted for simply being Outcasts.

That is you telling someone that Outcasts are not pirates.

I'll role play with them, yes, that doesn't mean I'll always talk them up to see if I think they are a pirate. If I am on my Liberty Navy character and I run into an Outcast I'll role play by killing him. To my Liberty Navy pilot he is nothing more than a pirate/criminal - my role is to remove him from my turf.

I don't think you actually understand what a role play server is - take a gander at this man's avatar. PvP is part of role play. Typing a bunch of text is not the only form of role play. Shooting someone with your guns is just as much role play as typing a bunch of text is.