Discovery Gaming Community
OoRP chat - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: OoRP chat (/showthread.php?tid=77177)

Pages: 1 2 3

OoRP chat - Not Espi - 03-31-2012

i never had problems in big fights, when someone disconnected for any reason, then came back and typed in '/l //sorry guys, i dc'd. can i rejoin?'

and the leaders of all involved squadrons would say sure, or yeah, or np, go on.

if this is something people screen nowadays, the community is fubar

OoRP chat - Savvy ? - 03-31-2012

' Wrote:i never had problems in big fights, when someone disconnected for any reason, then came back and typed in '/l //sorry guys, i dc'd. can i rejoin?'

and the leaders of all involved squadrons would say sure, or yeah, or np, go on.

Same here, never had such experience and make sure you take SS and and keep them safely on your vault, you might need it someday

OoRP chat - dodike - 03-31-2012

' Wrote:i never had problems in big fights, when someone disconnected for any reason, then came back and typed in '/l //sorry guys, i dc'd. can i rejoin?'

And this situation is being used as leverage in this thread to excuse any unnecessary chatter and let it slip by.

OoRP chat - Tinitus - 03-31-2012

Rule violations are always sanctioneable. At least they should be.

It's jsut a matter of if you will annoy a plaer enough with them that he will report you, or will a player or admin find it necessary to make it do less by reporting you.

At least that's how it should be.

OoRP chat - Narendran87 - 03-31-2012

Admins do a case by case investigations and discussions over reports. Not all but some.

OoRP chat - Agmen of Eladesor - 03-31-2012

' Wrote:Admins do a case by case investigations and discussions over reports. Not all but some.

Should be pretty much all reports. Getting enough commentary on all reports can be quite time consuming.

In any event, using // at any time in system chat is sactionable. Period. You guys know that there is a way, in RP, to actually ask permission to rejoin, don't you?

Seriously - just use your imaginations.

"Open channel. This is the <ship that just disconnected>."
"We just experienced a total power failure that caused us to vanish from your sensors, due to our reduced electronic signature."
"Request permission to rejoin the furball" - or "Our apologies if it appeared we were attempting to be sneaky and confuse your sensor techs."

Wow - what a thought. Actually role-playing the d/c...

And of course, if it's a smaller combat, simply PM the person involved AND make sure you make a post in the 'Oops, I disconnected' thread as a CYA in case they don't accept your apology.

OoRP chat - Lucky Luke - 03-31-2012

' Wrote:Does that mean you'll get in trouble if you do it? Depends on if the people around you get annoyed by it or just have a stick up their arse and want to sanction you.
Unfortunately, I think a lot of people do.

' Wrote:So far admins have been punishing it selectively which led to false belief that it is a fine thing to do as long as "//" is used.
I had misread it myself. I've seen this rule for three years, and always read it as "OOC in local chat will stop if a player requests it". Stared at it, and always read it wrong, because my mind was already set on what I thought it said. And since we see OOC as much as we do, it only confirmed my misconception. I stand corrected.

Same here! But I'm worried where this will end.

' Wrote:In any event, using // at any time in system chat is sactionable. Period. You guys know that there is a way, in RP, to actually ask permission to rejoin, don't you?

Seriously - just use your imaginations.

"Open channel. This is the <ship that just disconnected>."
"We just experienced a total power failure that caused us to vanish from your sensors, due to our reduced electronic signature."
"Request permission to rejoin the furball" - or "Our apologies if it appeared we were attempting to be sneaky and confuse your sensor techs."

Wow - what a thought. Actually role-playing the d/c...
Good ideas! I'll try it next time it happens to me!

OoRP chat - Ursus - 03-31-2012

The only time I find it unavoidable is when somebody rejoins a fight after docking/dying. When I have to say "<shipname> has to leave the system immediately" then it's OORP or at best it's borderline OORP. Everything else can be done in another way

OoRP chat - Adam_Spire - 03-31-2012

How about just // with the person when no one is around or before a fight?

// in battle is most likely the reason you got blown up anyway.

What // is needed in battle or in the open that cant be said in Group or PM?

OoRP chat - Hielor - 03-31-2012

' Wrote:The only time I find it unavoidable is when somebody rejoins a fight after docking/dying. When I have to say "<shipname> has to leave the system immediately" then it's OORP or at best it's borderline OORP. Everything else can be done in another way
"Didn't I just blow you up? Don't you need to head somewhere else for repairs?"