Discovery Gaming Community
Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Traders destroying their cargo when pirated (/showthread.php?tid=77744)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Tachyon - 04-08-2012

If you are sensing your trader opponent, and you are in a group of pirates, one of you can always play shield for the cargo and protect it from being shot. I did that a few times and it worked.

I, personally, dislike the people saying 'I won't give you your cargo, you can't carry it anyway' (because I would be smart enough to sell the pirated cargo to an allied smuggler or a junker); same for traders just destroying their cargo solely so the pirate can't have it, in my eyes, it's grieving and also demotivating for a pirate, especially those, who RP their role.

Also, go ahead and shoot the trader, when he shoots your loot.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Ursus - 04-08-2012

' Wrote:traders just destroying their cargo solely so the pirate can't have it, in my eyes, it's grieving and also demotivating for a pirate, especially those, who RP their role.

so a cargo ship denying cargo from a pirate is griefing, but a pirate denying it from a cargo ship is good RP

alright

' Wrote:but a pirate denying it from a cargo ship is good RP

It's what pirates are supposed to do, yes. -Pirate-, *ahem*, -PIRATE- other people's cargo. And ye, not giving it for the sole reason, not a RP reason, an ooRP one, to not let the pirate have it, because he is a pirate, no matter his RPing skills, sounds like grieving to me.

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Narcotic - 04-08-2012

To be honest, I think it's okay to take all the cargo as Pirate.
I never did though. But that's because I'm not pirating for profit.

But those who do. Will kill you if you don't comply.
And it's also no good RP when you let yourself getting killed for just a load worth 10 millions.

The pirate has the ability to kill you, so...

Ship > load

' Wrote:It's what pirates are supposed to do, yes. -Pirate-, *ahem*, -PIRATE- other people's cargo. And ye, not giving it for the sole reason, not a RP reason, an ooRP one, to not let the pirate have it, because he is a pirate, no matter his RPing skills, sounds like grieving to me.
It's perfectly good RP for a pirate to try and take it, its perfectly good RP for a trader to try and prevent the priate from taking it. The idea that only one of these is good RP and the other is griefing ... quit crying

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Zapp - 04-08-2012

' Wrote:It's perfectly good RP for a pirate to try and take it, its perfectly good RP for a trader to try and prevent the priate from taking it. The idea that only one of these is good RP and the other is griefing ... quit crying
Then it's perfectly good RP if the pirate decides to kill the trader for his "if I can't have it, nobody can" attitude.

' Wrote:It's perfectly good RP for a pirate to try and take it, its perfectly good RP for a trader to try and prevent the priate from taking it. The idea that only one of these is good RP and the other is griefing ... quit crying

I didn't cry; afterall, I am writing from trader, miner and pirate perspective all the same.

I just won't get the idea in my head of some heroic-thinking, regular citizen and employee of Ageira from Manhattan, who puts his own life into danger to prevent his cargo to be robbed (not to mention I would see that at valuing your own life less than the cargo is worth). But that's just my opinion.
I also remembered saying, ''not letting the pirate having it, because of ooRP reasons'' [i.e. ooRP hate to -all- the pirates; blargh]

' Wrote:Then it's perfectly good RP if the pirate decides to kill the trader for his "if I can't have it, nobody can" attitude.
Absorutery. Do that instead of QQ about being griefed because some other faction doesn't want pirates getting advanced tech.

' Wrote:I just won't get the idea in my head of some heroic-thinking, regular citizen and employee of Ageira from Manhattan, who puts his own life into danger to prevent his cargo
I see but it's perfectly valid RP for some hillbilly pirate to put his own life at risk for some parts he could have paid a smuggler to haul. Fascinating

Traders destroying their cargo when pirated - Madvillain - 04-08-2012

' Wrote:I see but it's perfectly valid RP for some hillbilly pirate to put his own life at risk for some parts he could have paid a smuggler to haul. Fascinating

Its his only way to make credits...
ofcourse thats valid