Discovery Gaming Community
Capital ship balance Propasals - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Discovery Mod Balance (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Capital ship balance Propasals (/showthread.php?tid=7888)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Capital ship balance Propasals - Tic - 04-19-2008

Just like i told you yesterday... I'm gonna hate you for this... J/K...

I agree with you Eppy, BHG BB is fine becasue it has really low armor.

And X, to be honest, what you are trying to do is to make Osiris undefeatable, that thing is now able to kill a RH BB that has more then 2x armor.

Capital ship balance Propasals - mjolnir - 04-19-2008

' Wrote:the exact damage of one supernova is 139.000 damage. the base armour of a BHG gunship is 55.000 ( everyone will have a universal 8 armour 2.5 - which makes it 137.500 armor ) - actually, ONE SN shot once its shields are down - .... or in other words... doesn t matter if you have armour or not.

Well as I said in the other thread...

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...=14409&st=0

1-2 less turrets.. or make it unable to use Cap 8.

On the other hand it could get more bats/bots to compensate a bit for it..

Quote:of course, with a cap8 armour, you ll have 220.000 armour ( but seriously, - it could be considered either mental or ooRP to stick a 890.000.000 $ armour on a 23.000.000 ship. )

Well if you want to hunt fighters... you make your ship up for the job.. instead of using a BS that is useless.. you place expensive armor on your GB.

--------
Oh and I defeated 2 Catamarans flown by Skyrim and Edge alone in the BHG Gunship with Cap 8. That is the most agile and smallest bombers in game. One died one left without guns....even though I made some mistakes in target choice...and they hit over 90% of their Supernovas which is not really easy against a ship that small and agile.

----------------------------------------
I have no idea about the other ships...so I'm not voting.

Capital ship balance Propasals - Jinx - 04-19-2008

but come on - think in-character.... would any pilot in his right mind ( not to mention militaries who like to safe cash, too - sometimes ) put an allmost 1 billion upgrade on a 20 million ship? - no matter how much any military respects the life of their pilots... they will not do that.

anyway - i guess making cap8 unusable is a good compromise ( since i don t see cap 8 on it anyway ) - more bats and bots means .... more bats / bots to loot fromt he wreck... IF it got hit by a supernova, cause its a one shot kill.

but taking away 1 - 2(!) turrets is a bit much. anyway - the shipclass gunship does not exist. - i remember igiss saying that they are all the same shipclass, no matter what we make of it. - and the difference will be too great to other gunboats. ( scorpion/corsair gunboat 8 turrets .... and if we d take 2 turrets off the BHG gunboat - it would have half the power of those. thats too much, no matter how many fighters you can take down with it - it doesn t feel like a justifiable measure )

i could argue the same way about battleships. - why has the bretonian, liberty, osiris, BD battleship more than 8 turrets - the zoner juggernaut has "only" 16 and is considerable less agile and much bigger. ( i know, its a bad example ) - that does not really justify to nerf the 7 million powercore of the "small" battleships - or take away some of their turrets.

besides, i don t see too many of those gunships spammed around. - ( but maybe, i m again flying at the wrong times, in the wrong places ) - they show up in reasonable numbers - but compared to the "well balanced gunboats" they are actually quite rare.

Capital ship balance Propasals - chopper - 04-19-2008

It's not a military. It's a guild. They act independently. And mostly fund their own ships, with their own bounty credits.
So, I'd say someone who prefers staying alive more then being rich would mount it, yes.

And btw, Jinx, BHG gunship can beat ANY gunboat and most cruisers with only 4 turrets. It has much greater potential then any other GB.

Why is it unfair for it to have 2x less guns? And why is it fair to be 4x smaller then Corsair toolbox, but having only 2 guns less? Not to speak about same powerplant and much greater agility.
I mean, cmon..

Edit :

Heh.. Rare? Try Omega-15.. I'v seen 4-5 of them in the same time there. Trust me, they are spammed like LH GS was until it was nerfed.

will you accept the same argument for battleships, too?

- my answer to your question is.... its not, so what. - besides, i don t fly it. - come to that, it was in the rogues hands for a long long time... ( not like that ship has been added recently ) - never caused much trouble.

but if you think its really causing such an imbalance and trouble - nerf it down.

Capital ship balance Propasals - chopper - 04-19-2008

I think it was less uber while it was Rogue GB.. And people didn't spam it as much as they do now.
You know very well that BHG faction probably has most members, even more then Corsairs.

I don't know about Battleships, really. I fight them a lot, but every single one of them is easy to hit with SN, so I can't really judge about fleet battles.
I'v seen people making quite a mess in Osiris though.

Fact is, less size and better agility is much better then more armor and more guns.

But trust me, BHG gunship wouldn't be useless with 4 turrets. It would still be a perfect weapon for skilled people to use.
And the fact is that it's smaller then certain bombers, which is quite nasty.

Also, what I can't understand in RP is how can a ship 4x smaller then the other ship have the same power supply.
It's totally unrealistic. Also, Barghest, which has the same size, has 10x smaller power plant.
Yes, makes sense.. That power needs to be produced somewhere, I guess.

It's like a Liberator having same power supply as.. Werewolf.. 16k!

You see jinx all the guns on the Gunship are forward firing (and backward also)...half the gunboats on the server don't have 6 guns firing forward.

About ditching Orca..... :shok:

The forward gun needs fixing and it will be nice and balanced gunboat.. and it fits perfectly with the BHG fighters/bombers...but yes it doesn't fit with the other Starwars ship in the BHG line... it's them that should be replaced.

Yes I played a lot of different starwars games..and I really don't like those well known ships around: BHG gunship, BHG Dessie, BHG BC, BHG BS, IMG BC...

Whale is somewhere on the edge since I don't really mind it..

and Spatial, Raven's Talon are just fine since they are not so well known.

sooo - how about keeping the turrets and just make 2 of them not fire foreward, but slightly sideways ( left/rear and right/rear ) and to the rear arc.

so - when the ship makes a tight turn ( and the pilot aims into the extreme side arc with his guns ) he has 5 turrets firing, the pure front arc has 4 turrets then and the rear has 2.

but really - when it was bout me, i would scale that ship up by at least two times ( forget about how useless it may be then ) just to get rid of the silly turret scale.

Changing firing arcs on the turrets a bit would do nicely as well yes.

Capital ship balance Propasals - pchwang - 04-19-2008

I disagree, but for other reasons.