Discovery Gaming Community
Your Music Collection - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Media Center (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Your Music Collection (/showthread.php?tid=79676)

Pages: 1 2 3

Your Music Collection - William Frederick Cody - 05-06-2012

438 GB:yu:

Your Music Collection - Jihadjoe - 05-06-2012

' Wrote:most of it is high quality wav.
Using .wav is just outright watseful. There are plenty of lossless formats which you could convert that to, and reduce the slightly silly amount of storage you're using in half.

Your Music Collection - Madvillain - 05-06-2012

' Wrote:Using .wav is just outright watseful. There are plenty of lossless formats which you could convert that to, and reduce the slightly silly amount of storage you're using in half.
Yup,

About 2 TB of music,
5 crates of vinyl (if anyone knows what that means?)

Ranging from 60's/70's , rock , Funk Soul and Jazz, to classic Hiphop.

Your Music Collection - Glis - 05-06-2012

' Wrote:J-pop and a whole list of assorted classical, jazz and oldies.

Yes, as a 16 year old teenager, I denounce the likes of Justin Bieber and Lady Ga Ga. People may mock me for listening to jazz, classical and oldies but in my heart I know, your music sucks in comparison to mine.

Each to their own opinion.

In my case I don't have a whole lot of music on my hard drive maybe about 1 GB and only a few bands (yes I need to explore more music I'd probably like). Genres: Metal,Drum n Bass, Dubstep.
And I had something else to say but I forgot :S maybe I'll remember then post it..

Your Music Collection - ophidian - 05-06-2012

Over 500 signed, limited, rare pressing, first pressing metal / rock CDs of bands I adore. Some, I hunted for years over ebay.

over 40.000 mp3 files with various styles / genres.

over 1.000 LPs from 70 - 85 era, from Abba to Iron Maiden (as in vinyls)

I also had a rather HUGE archive of cassettes that I lost through the years due to various reasons. That was also around 5000 cassettes... Most are stolen over time.

Your Music Collection - Ximen_Benitez - 05-06-2012

' Wrote:Over 500 signed, limited, rare pressing, first pressing metal / rock CDs of bands I adore. Some, I hunted for years over ebay.

over 40.000 mp3 files with various styles / genres.

over 1.000 LPs from 70 - 85 era, from Abba to Iron Maiden (as in vinyls)

I also had a rather HUGE archive of cassettes that I lost through the years due to various reasons. That was also around 5000 cassettes... Most are stolen over time.

Dude, that is so cool. Nice collection, I'm jealous. I just started gathering up vinyl records again, but mostly of the new releases.

Your Music Collection - Outcast Council of Dons - 05-06-2012

-snip-

uhg.

Your Music Collection - ophidian - 05-06-2012

@ Ximen, I always adored having collections of things I like. I have 2000 ish games and around 1000 DVDs as well. I usually spend stuff on nerd-ish things lol

Your Music Collection - Zynth - 05-07-2012

' Wrote:>Denounces Western Pop
>Listens to Japanese Pop

wat

Yeah, my music sense is weird. I got to J-pop cause I watch anime and download their OSTs.

The excuse I give for this is because I've gotten to the point where I completely believe that the current singers have no talent save for a few and that since I don't understand Japanese, I take the lyrics to be "instrumental" or rather, meaningless.

Lyrics in languages I don't understand are no different from any other instrument that helps play the song.

Your Music Collection - 75th Mosquitos - 05-07-2012

' Wrote:Yeah, my music sense is weird. I got to J-pop cause I watch anime and download their OSTs.

The excuse I give for this is because I've gotten to the point where I completely believe that the current singers have no talent save for a few and that since I don't understand Japanese, I take the lyrics to be "instrumental" or rather, meaningless.

Lyrics in languages I don't understand are no different from any other instrument that helps play the song.

This.