Discovery Gaming Community
Base related sanction discussion and rules. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Base related sanction discussion and rules. (/showthread.php?tid=80517)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Base related sanction discussion and rules. - Dab - 05-18-2012

There is nothing wrong with the rules, or the way they were enforced here. The problem is solely a development problem and should be reported in the appropriate bug thread so it can be corrected. It's an easily fixable problem; Manual deactivation of the shields should keep the shield down for 2 minutes or some other reasonable period of time.

I also don't see a problem with Govedo making this thread. His first post has a point (Manual shield control can be abused in a way not anticipated by the devs), it's well reasoned, and he gave a possible solution.

The only thing you should have abstained from is trying to justify the actions of the sanctioned players or call for the sanctioning of the defenders.

Base related sanction discussion and rules. - Syrus - 05-18-2012

' Wrote:OH NO, THAT TRANSPORT BLOCKED MY FIRE AT THE BASE 15 TIMES, sorry I had to kill him before he even had control of his ship that many times.
I didn't say say that. I said at least one of the transports deliberatly tried to be shot at by the caps assaulting the base.

Base related sanction discussion and rules. - dodike - 05-18-2012

Doesn't undocking from a playerbase provide the same temporary invulnerability like undocking from an NPCs base?

Base related sanction discussion and rules. - Reverend Del - 05-18-2012

Nope, Dodike. It does not.

Base related sanction discussion and rules. - Zelot - 05-18-2012

' Wrote:I didn't say say that. I said at least one of the transports deliberatly tried to be shot at by the caps assaulting the base.

It's funny, the number of times these transports were blown up on undocking, and even after undocking while trying to leave the system is absurd. In my time as an admin, I dont think I have ever seen a case of such a blatant disregard of the rules. The people involved in this sanction got off light. And to suggest that the people who reported it are to blame is an astonishing act of hypocrisy. I have looked at the huge volume of screens and even video that shows what happened over a two day period and I have to say, I was disgusted by the behavior. At this point, I dont think I need to say anything further on the topic.

Base related sanction discussion and rules. - mwerte - 05-18-2012

' Wrote:OH NO, THAT TRANSPORT BLOCKED MY FIRE AT THE BASE 15 TIMES, sorry I had to kill him before he even had control of his ship that many times.
When undocking from a base you have instant control of your ship.

Base related sanction discussion and rules. - Zelot - 05-18-2012

' Wrote:When undocking from a base you have instant control of your ship.

Hard to get control of you ship when you have six battleships firing at you immediately upon undock.

Base related sanction discussion and rules. - AeternusDoleo - 05-18-2012

Surprised the bulk of those transport captains did not also get sanctioned for behaving outside of RP. Wading through capital fire trusting on good old "may not shoot transports before demand" to keep you safe, is abusing server rules to gain an advantage in a fight.

I'm in favor of disabling manual shield shutdown.

Base related sanction discussion and rules. - Ingenious - 05-18-2012

' Wrote:I'm in favor of disabling manual shield shutdown.

Negative ghostrider. That's useful when you accidentally shoot your own base, or if you want to bring in supplies to a base while it's being attacked. The better answer is: if you're repeatedly undocking from a player base under attack, do so at your own risk.

Base related sanction discussion and rules. - Syrus - 05-18-2012

' Wrote:Surprised the bulk of those transport captains did not also get sanctioned for behaving outside of RP. Wading through capital fire trusting on good old "may not shoot transports before demand" to keep you safe, is abusing server rules to gain an advantage in a fight.

I'm in favor of disabling manual shield shutdown.
Must've had an infinite supply of those around.

I approve of nerfing the shield-shutdown.