Discovery Gaming Community
Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast (/showthread.php?tid=8203)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Zapp - 04-30-2008

They might as well change the infocard to "Outcast"... the reason it's Borderworld is because the Hessians fly it too, and to be honest they don't much anymore, as they have their own line. Now, the Outcasts are the only ones that use it in the Borderworlds, so logically it should change?

Sorry, not buying into this. Sabre and gang = Outcast-made ships as far as I'm concerned.

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Jinx - 04-30-2008

hackers....

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - globalplayer-svk - 04-30-2008

as you say frozen,sabre is sold only on outcast base. and will outcast allow a freelancer or someone who is not outcast to buy one ?

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Zapp - 04-30-2008

The Hackers don't fly it in the Borderworlds, and neither do the Bundschuh. They only have the ships because they're allies/allies-of-allies of the Outcasts.

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - mjolnir - 04-30-2008

' Wrote:hackers....

Yep... Sabre is sold in Vespucci and Luneburg also btw.

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Jinx - 04-30-2008

maybe you can describe it like that ...

the titan is a trademark of the corsairs. - they guard it against anyone, even their allies, - prolly guard the titan as much as the BDs should guard their ships...

the sabre is "only" a trademark of the borderworlds that is made to a trademark of the outcast alliance. - but not originally. - i do agree that the ID card could be changed to outcast, as it only reflects how it is used anyway.

but by the rules and the information as it is now, - it is civilian. even if its only sold on outcast bases - and we know that purchase places are not allways logical or a referrence to who should or should not use it ( like corsair turrets on rostock BHG )

... all in all its nice to speculate about such things, when the REAL explanation is probably much less fancy. - the real explanation why its BW and not outcast only may well be "oh, well, we wanted to model a ship for each faction, but you know, we had to release the game before it was finished... so there you go."

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Tenacity - 04-30-2008

Simple solution: change borderworlds fighters to outcast only, make the red hessians fly the ships that were created for them, and give the lane hackers their own line of ships that better reflect their technical expertise.

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Robert.Fitzgerald - 04-30-2008

This would require a whole new shipline for not only the Hackers, but the Bundschuh as well...

I don't mind the Borderworlds being a Outcast-alliance/Zoner/Freelancer ship, as long as I don't see stuff like Tizonas with krakens, Nomad blasters with Infernos etc.

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Lohingren - 04-30-2008

arent hackers getting theyre own line of ships? thats what i heard

as for bundchuh? for one theyre to small to have theyre own line.. they can still use the saber, they have the scimitar being sold on one of theyre bases...... just cause it has the outcast tag on it doesnt mean to say they aint allowed it.

i think it should just be switched to outcasts, since bundchuh aint BW neither is Hacker. RH dont use it.... we technically are the only pirates using it in the Borderworlds now.

Borderworld Does Not Mean Outcast - Robert.Fitzgerald - 04-30-2008

Why aren't Hackers border world? They live in Magellan and stuff. They are the Independent worlds, but don't they count as border?

I have grown accustomed to the BW ships on my Hacker, I would hate for them to disappear...

I wonder what the new shipline is.