Discovery Gaming Community
Navy station firing on navy players because they do not change name? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Navy station firing on navy players because they do not change name? (/showthread.php?tid=84475)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Navy station firing on navy players because they do not change name? - Thyrzul - 07-25-2012

' Wrote:But LSC told me in game, and on skype all navy ships "HAVE" to have tag to be added. And there is no Fracking way i am changing my 9 Navy and LSF ships names so i can have access to a system my ID allows me access to.
' Wrote:However, properly Tagged and ID'd independent players may enter Guard/Owned systems, and cannot be taxed.
I guess this might be your issue. I hope I answered your questions.

' Wrote:That is exactly why the base is there in the first place.
Damn, Roussillon got 3 entrances...

Navy station firing on navy players because they do not change name? - Ursus - 07-25-2012

I suppose this falls under the "properly tagged" clause, since "LNS" is a tag.

Quote:4.5 Official player factions are free to restrict or not restrict access to their owned systems and tax players who enter owned system. However, properly Tagged and ID'd independent players may enter Guard/Owned systems, and cannot be taxed. Access to systems that surround owned system must not be restricted unless there's a war with another faction.
Fix your tag and you may enter. No problem. This might be pushing it though:

Quote:6.9 You must follow the restrictions/allowances of your ID, as well as the diplomacy of the NPC faction it
represents. If your ID does not represent an NPC faction (generic IDs), then your reputation and conduct
must match the actions of your character. You must not dock at bases that your NPC faction is hostile to, or
attack allies of your NPC faction.
Painful as it may be for you Joe, he is "an ally of your NPC faction"

Navy station firing on navy players because they do not change name? - SnakThree - 07-25-2012

Nothing against the rules here. Only your interpretation is wrong.

Navy station firing on navy players because they do not change name? - Miranda - 07-25-2012

All this over a few million to rename? I'll pay for it if it'll end this stupidity.

The base is pewing everyone that's untagged because its either that, or they have to add everyone they want it to shoot manually.

Seriously though, the current base turrets are so bad, how are they even scratching the paint on your caps?

Navy station firing on navy players because they do not change name? - ryoken - 07-25-2012

' Wrote:I guess this might be your issue. I hope I answered your questions.
Damn, Roussillon got 3 entrances...

' Wrote:I suppose this falls under the "properly tagged" clause, since "LNS" is a tag.
Fix your tag and you may enter. No problem. This might be pushing it though:
Painful as it may be for you Joe, he is "an ally of your NPC faction"

The rule means TAG as in NAVY/LSF/XENO as in what your rep is fools. Not "tags" you add to your names. Hence "properly Tagged and IDd ships" As in navy ID with navy tag/rep.
But what ever. You find this OK then wait till bases are sitting all around jump gates, and jump holes that shoot every trader. Or how about we put one just outside of planets,and bases the new players start at, so when they launch they blow up over and over again? This is my issue here. Not 1 base, but what that 1 base will/may lead to in future. If you cannot see that coming? Well i am sorry. Been here long enough to see what happens when 1 group gets away with something, and sets an example to what it leads to down the road.

Navy station firing on navy players because they do not change name? - ryoken - 07-25-2012

' Wrote:All this over a few million to rename? I'll pay for it if it'll end this stupidity.

The base is pewing everyone that's untagged because its either that, or they have to add everyone they want it to shoot manually.

Seriously though, the current base turrets are so bad, how are they even scratching the paint on your caps?

It is not just me. I sat and watched it kill 7 navy/LSF snubs in under 5 minutes. Mostly because it caught them off guard. But are you now going to replace their cargo's? say they were transporting 300 nomad brains or artifacts they just got, and are chugging by the base thinking all is good, and BOOM! they dead. They are navy, and think that navy base is cool. But if locked into a goto and cught off guard it is easy to kill a snub with that bases weapons platforms.
Also it is not a matter of money to change my names, but a matter of Principle, and the rule that states you cannot force RP on others. Forcing tags is forcing RP. Forcing to register names is forcing RP. Maybe some players would like to keep the names of thier various ships a secret? Where registering them shows all who owns them. These are my issues. Not a crappy 2mil when i got over 7Bil in storage.

Navy station firing on navy players because they do not change name? - Ursus - 07-25-2012

' Wrote:You find this OK then wait till bases are sitting all around jump gates, and jump holes that shoot every trader.
There's a POB in Puerto Rico that shoots everybody comes close to it. I dont see the difference between this and that. Dont want to get shot, dont go into Pue^Wzone-21 with unwelcome ship. Only real difference there is you have to go out of your way to get shot at by San Juan station, while the Z21 hole is essentially public passage.

Navy station firing on navy players because they do not change name? - Pancakes - 07-25-2012

I suggested for a long time that bases will also target by ID (have an option for it, for example set red for "pirate ID" ).

But noooo, no one will listen to poor pancakes!

' Wrote:There's a POB in Puerto Rico that shoots everybody comes close to it. I dont see the difference between this and that. Dont want to get shot, dont go into Pue^Wzone-21 with unwelcome ship. Only real difference there is you have to go out of your way to get shot at by San Juan station, while the Z21 hole is essentially public passage.

There is a diff. Base in Peurto Rico is not denying access to a system that IDs allow access to. Base at zone 21 is unless you have a LNS tag or register. My junker can enter rico NP, but my Navy and LSF ships are shot at trying to enter zone 21/Alaska which they are allowed to enter via IDs.

' Wrote:I suggested for a long time that bases will also target by ID (have an option for it, for example set red for "pirate ID" ).

But noooo, no one will listen to poor pancakes!

See this would be fine. Then the base would allow all to pass that should be able to ID wise. Including Indies and faction alike.