Discovery Gaming Community
Richard Cole's Journal - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Richard Cole's Journal (/showthread.php?tid=88476)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Richard Cole's Journal - Duvelske - 12-09-2012

Captain Newberry and his wife just left the ship when they noticed Moniek Cole. Moniek was waving to them. "He Mam and Dad. Did you have a good flight? Dad why didn't you shave? You know mom does not like that beard." Sander Newberry (Her dad) smiles You know me Moniek, i love to tease your mother. You know that." Deborah Newberry nudge Sander "Sander, please listen to our daughter and shave yourself. You are too busy with that ship of ours. Wich is more important that ship or me?" Sander takes a step away from Deborah "The ship?" Deborah looks at him "Without the ship we would not be alive anymore! BUT i love you more my honnybee. " Deborah looks at her daughter Moniek and feels a warm feeling inside. "Wel Sander we are not here to fight, but on a visit. We talk later about this. Moniek, can you show us our quarters? So i can to unpack?" As Moniek wants to respond Richard just came around the corner. "Look who we have there. our son in law Richard. Well what are you up to these days? I notice you did a splendid job with this ship." "Well dad Richard is very busy these days. Hardly have time for me ass well." Richard blushes a littlebit. "Wel Richard that is not good. You know family is worth very much. And i don't want to see my daughter unhappy!" "I won't Sander. I am very busy these days with trying to resolve her wish to establish a secure home. This ship will do, but its not so secure as our old home was. And with Ryan, well we must take precautions. Jack found some blueprints and well maybe you can have a look at it too?" "Well mother lets go. these 2 have a lot to discuss and i can start help you unpack. And i have to take a look at Ryan. As he was sleeping he might be awake now." Deborah nods "I fully agree Moniek, we meet each other for dinner? I shall make something nice with Moniek. It has been a while back we cooked together." Moniek gives Richard a kiss on the cheeks. "Wel darling i see you for dinner." Moniek and Deborah walks away to the quarters of Deborah and Sander Newberry. Leaving Richard Cole and Sander Newberry behind.

"Well Richard, what kind of blueprints did Jack found? It is a long time ago i have seen him. Maybe space travels make you forget time. It seems a lot has changed since last time i saw him." Sander looks around and it keeps impressing him this ship. So big.. and so many people work here. How did he construct such vessel. It looks more like a station rather then a ship.. Richard notice Sander is curious. "Well if you like we can take a small walk here. I notice you looking around and in the meantime we could continue our conversation." "Well Richard that is a good idea." Richard takes Sander Newberry up to the corridor. Where he just came from. "Time goes fast indeed in space. It seems like it is flying past you in a matter of seconds. About the blueprints..Well Jack did found some station blueprints. These are different then we used for our old Freeport XXI. And it might contain something we could use for the rebuilding. But Jack and Eric are looking into it as we speak." Sander smiles. "That is a long time ago. Would be nice to bump into those 2 again! Well we might take a look at it with 4 of us? As together we know more then 2. Also the rebuilding of Freeport XXI. I hope it will work out better then last time. As i don't want to see my beloved ones dead!" Richard nods. "Well it wont happen Sander. this is why we are first investigating the possiblitities. Just want Ryan and Moniek to be safe. As they are the universe for me!" "Good to hear. As they both are for me very important too Richard. But i think it will work out very well. As i see this ship. I am sure it did consume much of your time." Richard grins "It surely did consume a lot of time, but it was worth it. As it was intended to be a home. Wich purpose it allready fulfill. I think it is the same you did with your ship. Wich i must say i think it is unique in its kind." "Have made it for Deborah as we liked to travel a lot. When Moniek came i made only more security to the ship. As improving the hull with special equipment. So it wouldn't break that hard." Richard is looking at his watch. and notice its allmost dinner time. "Mostly the same as Moniek and me then. But i think we must hurry, or our wives will be mad at us. As its allmost dinner time." Sander nods. and they both rush to get to the dinner in the quarters of Deborah and Sander Newberry

RE: Richard Cole's Journal - Duvelske - 12-23-2012

As Sander Newberry and Richard Cole rushed to the Dinner Richard Cole got a message from Eric Stone

Quote:Kallisti Richard,

Jack and i where looking at the blueprints and we found some ways to benefit it for our own stations in the near future. We are now going to eat and after that we are going to hit the bar.

23's
Eric Stone

"Well Sander it seems Jack and Eric found something on the blueprints. Think we could all use a fresh look at it tomorrow and enjoy the evening for now. Think our wives won't like it at all if we would go back to work again." "Well Richard i think thats the best indeed. We need some relaxing and well our wives wont like it indeed if we just eat and go. And well i think my doughter would be very upset even if the cause is very good. Its best to give it some time. and not to rush it. Planning is everything Richard. Without that all will collapse." Richard nods "Well lets see what our wives did make. Getting very curious."

Richard opens the door and they both go inside. they see the table stuffed with food. Moniek and Deborah are looking to their husbands, Deborah is going to sit down while Moniek is getting some glasses. "So Mom and me spent several hours here making this meal for you 2. Hope you will enjoy it. And please i do not want to hear a thing about work! Want to enjoy this evening." Both Sander and Richard nods. Deborah looks at them both. "I hope you 2 wont ruin it. As these are the holidays and i want to enjoy it with the family. I have seen our grandson Ryan and well he is a nice little boy. Hope he will grow up like you Richard. Only maybe less dedicated then you 2 are and spent more time with his family." "Deborah you are right. We are getting older and what i learned most these years is that i have to spent more time with the family. When Moniek and Richard where married after a time we went away from home with our ship. For me it was fun to be with you alone Deborah. I know how you disliked beeing so far from our home Baffin. But now the time has come to stay here with the family. I know i was wrong it was even dangerous in deep space. But we survived. I thank Eris everyday for it! And i hope we will have many years to come. But for our leaving i must appologise to you Moniek. I know you where sad when we left in such a short notice. And i hope you will forgive this old man someday for wanting to chase his dreams." Moniek gets some tears in her eyes. "Dad it wasnt that you left, i know you 2 wanted to see Sirius. But i was affraid i would never see you both anymore. As it was the last time. That is how i felt it." Moniek wipes her tears from her face. Richard embraces her. "I know Moniek, but it was a mistake. Both your mother and i missed you very much, when we did hear about Ryan. We just wanted to go home. Your mother and i have had a long conversation and we both agreed to help you both out. And offcourse to see our grandson grow up. As it is a gift from Eris." Deborah takes hold of the hand of her husband Sander. "Yes my child we decided to stay here. At least if you and Richard don't mind our presence here." "Moniek and i we dont mind. We both would like to have you close. Like you said we are a family." "Thank you very much. But lets start to eat i am getting very hungry to be honest. I can hear my belly allready." They all start to laugh and enjoy the delicious food.

RE: Richard Cole's Journal - Duvelske - 01-08-2013

the next day Richard wakes up. And sees his beloved Moniek laying next to him in bed. He gently gives her a kiss on the cheeks and heads to the shower.

[Image: bathroomrichardmoniek.jpg]

Richard takes some towels and hangs them near the shower. He takes his night shirt of, opens the door of the shower and enters it. He sees baby shampoo and he gets a smile on his face. He turns on the shower and while washing himeself he starts to think. "Shame that time flies that fast. Before you know it our Ryan is a teen. Hope it will be a nice kid. And not doing the mistakes i did. But i guess we all make our mistakes. Its how we grow as an individual in life. We will see when that time will come. It might do Moniek and me some good if we would go out. Spent some time with the 2 of us. We could even ask Moniek her parents Sander and Deborah to watch Ryan. Maybe for this weekend. her parents.. hope it will work out with them beeing here. Hope they don't want to interfere too much with us raising Ryan." he *sighs* "Time will tell, lets hope for the best. First i need to do is watch the progress on the Docking Bays if they are finisht allready. Second i need to" he drops his soap, bends over to pick it up. "where was i? o yes. Second thing i need to do is to see what Eric and Jack found. If it would be a possible sollution for us." he finishes up. He gets the towel and dry himself heads to the washstand and is brushing his teeth, and enters the bedroom again. He sees Moniek lying in bed.

[Image: 768896fd0fd3ed62bed.jpg]

He takes a good look and decides to go to the Hangar where Eric should be working to complete the Docking bays.

RE: Richard Cole's Journal - Duvelske - 01-16-2013

While Richard is walking towards the docking bays. As he approaches he sees Eric talking to some Bretonians.. Wich Richard have never seen before. Eric sees Richard and comes towards him and start to talk. "Kallisti Richard, well i have hired some Bowex to finish it asap. As we need to get it done quickly and our own are at this time just too busy with all the repairs and software updates. You even approved it?" Richard hits himself to the face. "O that yes.. i remember. my appologies, think i was still a littlebit somewhere else with my mind. Can you CC me with it please so i will respond and thank them personally for their help?" Eric smiles "What is so funny about it Eric?" "Well i did just CC you. Think you where a littlebit too busy. Also the docking bays are just finisht. We worked pretty hard to get it finisht before you would get here. It surprises me we did manage it. But most it is due to Bowex. As they did bring in almost finisht parts. Was mostly assembling." Richard looks surprised and takes a look next to Eric so he can see it himself. "Well Eric you did a great job with that! It seems i can allways count on you. Wanted to ask you about the possible improvements of a future base. But i guess you have earned yourself a break. I would like to see you in about an hour in my office. With the discoveries you did along with Jack on those blueprints." "Ok i will see you in 1 hour. Do you want me to inform Jack too?" "No Eric i will inform him. And i see you in 1 hour." Eric goes to the bowex folks and take them along for some drinks in the bar. In the meantime Richard is contacting Jack to make sure he will be too in Richard's office..

RE: Richard Cole's Journal - Duvelske - 02-02-2013

As Richard walks towards his office he hears a voice comming from behind him. "Kallisti Richard, where are you heading too? You seem in such a hurry." Richard knows that voice and turns around and face him. "Well Sander, i was just heading towards my office. To discuss some discovery's wich Eric and Jack did." "Richard if you don't mind i would like to join this conversation too. I have a lot of experience and it might come in help. " "I suggest another view on the matter won't do any harm." "Indeed, i will follow you then." "Ok Sander. Best not to get distracted too much as they might be waiting allready." Sander nods "ok lets go." they both walk to the office of Richard Cole...

Richard and Sander are in front of the door. Richard opens the door. "Sander it seems we are the first ones here." Sander and Richard both look around in the hall.. "It seems you are right Richard. Do you have something to drink around here? As im getting pretty thirsty" Richard starts to smile opens a drawer..

[Image: jpkd3q.jpg]

"What can i say? Never work without something to drink." Sander makes a big laugh "I didn't see that one comming! But that is a damn good idea! I got caught last time with some on the middle of my table. Deborah took it away and told me i was a drunk. Damn wives!" Richard smiles, takes a random drink and put it in a glass. "Moniek tries with me too sometimes. But i am sure when your mind is calm, answers will come. As it will be easier to think and less distractions. A drink might help with it, but not too much offcourse. Otherwise you will never get your job done."
"I can see how you stole my daughters heart. You are..." at that moment the doorbel is going. and interrupted Sander. "It seems they both are here allready Sander. I will open the door if you can fill up some glasses we could start right away!" "I will do that."

While Sander is pouring the glasses, Richard looks at the intercom and see both Eric and Jack on the screen. While they are waiting on the other side. Richard sees a picture of himself together with Moniek and he starts to think. "She wants really a safer place for Ryan.. Lets hope this might be the sollution." and he opens the door...

RE: Richard Cole's Journal - Duvelske - 02-17-2013

"Kallisti, just come in.. Sander did pour in some drinks allready." Both Eric and Jack nods and go inside. Richard closes the door behind them and starts to walk towards the table. "Please take a seat.".. they all going to sit down. While Eric is sitting down he picks up the glass Sander just did pour in and looks towards Sander "Wel Sander i was not aware you would have been here with this meeting. I think another view on this matter would not be bad." in the meantime Richard sits down and Sander responds. "You are right Eric. i.." Richard interrupts Sander. "Sander i have to interrupt you. As my time is short i want to just go straight to the point. And not wander too much of it." Eric Jack and Sander nods. and Richard continues "Both Jack and Eric have investigated the station blueprints. Would it improve something to our old station blueprints? The one we used with our old Freeport XXI?" Eric looks at Jack and then he gets a small ball. out of his pockets. "We have indeed investigated it and i have made a holosculpture of it. With the findings included." he puts the small ball in an opening on the table. A holosculpture is beeing viewed above the table. First its clouded then it becomes more and more clear.. Eventually its a clear image and Eric is going to explain "In the past we had problems with some power relays. Wich resulted into several losses of the power in several sections of the station. The old construction failed in these sections." Eric points towards several positions on the holosculpture. "The shield engines on this point had problems when it was under a big attack, wich made it fail in the end. This was the reason we had to evacuate everyone and disbandon the station. While Jack and i where at first looking how we could improve this flaw in the design, we found these blueprints some additional improvements for a possible improvement for in the future. Even the blueprints had some design flaws, but we looked it closely and came up with some sollutions for it." Eric takes his drink and Jack stands up in the meantime. "On the station blueprints i brought along to investigate there where some expensions on it wich we could include on our own design. It might result into options like these." he shows some other options for a future station with these expension options. "We might add one or even several of these ideas in the future.. But i think it might be dangerous as we have no clue if it would endanger the rest of the station or not. 1 extention might be secure to create." he stops talking a moment and drinks the last out of his glas. You see Sander thinking and then.. "But in general? Would it increase the stations structure? As i do not want to see my family die within a hostile attack." Richard leans a littlebit forwards as Eric responds.. "It will indeed. it would increase the efficiency in overall with almost 20%. Also the activation time for the shields will be increased by some mere seconds." after this response Richard leans a little back.. "So it would be safe to start the construction? As i want to have a secure home for Ryan. I want him to grow up safely and raised as a true discordian." Eric looks towards Richard and he sees his face showing real concearn. "Richard it can allways be sieged by a big force from the outside. It is never inevitable. But you did have contact with Commander Matok from Freeport 6? As i thought you wanted to reconstruct it there?" before Richard could answer Sander interferes "I might be a good idea indeed. It would surely be much more safe then in front of that Kyushu gate. And you could just open a shop wich i heard from my daughter you allways wanted to do." Richard smiles. "Yes i did contact Commander Matok. He approved it. We could also do additional patrols for keeping both Freeport XXI and Freeport 6 safe. During the rebuilding we must keep it really safe. Are too many trigger happy pilots around in Sirius. I would have a request for you all...Moniek and i are really in need of some vacation. As the Barrel.Roll is fully operational now after finishing the last docking bay. We want to go on a trip for at least a year. During this year i hope you all could put in your efforts together to make it happen. I shall make sure you have some billions for the construction and maintenance of the station." They all look towards Richard. All really thinking for this sudden request. But they can see why he took this decision. Sander answers "I have to agree that my daughter needs some time off indeed. And i am happy to help you out with that. This way you could spent some more time with Ryan too. He will grow up fast! Do not forget that." Jack nods "Count me in. Have only 1 request. I want an own private quarters. So i can call it a home too for myself, rather then me wandering trough Sirius i might settle down even meet some nice gal" Eric starts to laugh.. "The gal you met yesterday wasnt that good for ya i guess? I see you every week with another girl. Sorry Richard.. The with the reconstruction i would like to help too. With same request as Jack." "I can agree with you guys on these requests. And there will be space enough so i will be glad if you would see it as a home. We could make sure it will be a safe place. I might indeed make a bar with an additional shop. But we shall see it in the future what we will decide then. So if we make the preparations we could start the construction within 3 months. And i will make preparations for the vacation for Moniek and myself. Eric can you make preperations for the reconstruction?" "Richard i will make them as you wish. I shall make sure it will all be arranged." "So it is all arranged. Now i will bring the good news to Moniek and plan it all with her. If you guys don't mind i will end this meeting. and i will make some preperations." Richard stands up. and while he is standing up they all stand up. Eric takes the ball with the holosculpture back and put it in his pocket. "Ok Richard, i think Sander, Jack and i could better meet later this week to see how we will arrange it all." Jack and Sander nods and they walk towards the door. Richard closes the door behind them and hear them talking on the corridor.. After that he calls Moniek about the Meeting. The call goes.. but it seems she will not answer it..

RE: Richard Cole's Journal - Duvelske - 03-04-2013

The phone keeps ringing.. no response... till finaly Richard hangs it up. He puts it away.. he starts thinking.. "Guess she is busy.. I might as well start with forming a communication channel for our vacation..." after the word vacation he starts to smile a little. while looking around he starts to think again. "Have to inform Eric that we are using this ship. It might be big, but we could also explore while we are heading towards our destination. The docking bays are fully functional so scouting patrols could be done priorly setting a course. And it could also serve as an additional security wing to undock for protection. Then again this all would be useless if the local authorities deny entrance to their systems...i really have to ask Moniek where she wants to go to." He walks towards the table, cleans up the glasses and pours himself another one.

then suddenly the phone goes.. Richard looks at the phone and sees Moniek her name and face on the screen. He answers the call.. "Kallisti darling. I tried to call you did not pick it up?" he sits down on a chair at the table. "Kallisti Sweety. No i was busy with Ryan. he started to scream again. So had to calm him down..How did the meeting go?" Richard looks at his glas. Tempted to take a sip. But then suddenly responses. "It went pretty well. We decided to rebuild the Freeport XXI, but now near Freeport 6. I can give you more details, but i am sure you do not really want to know. Eric will apply the improvements he found along together with Jack. You father wanted to help rebuilding it along with the others. Not sure if you would like it, but at least he will remain nearby instead of his old exploring trips." then it is quiet for a moment."Just now my father and mother are back into my life we want to go on a long vacation. Did hope they would go along with us." sound of Moniek sniffing into the phone. "They would still visit us darling. We could always give them a call. I am sure they may use the Freeport 6 communications to keep in touch. While we are relaxing from a deserved vacation they will make sure all goes as planned." the sniffing of Moniek stops. "You are right. I guess my Dad wants to leave something behind for me and his grandson. Maybe to make up for all the time he and my Mother where in deep space." "Guess so. But i will clean it up here and will come home. We could discuss it then." "23's and get straight home ok? want to have an evening just with the 2 of us. At least if Ryan will sleep trough the night." "I will. 23's" and Richard hangs up the phone.

he grabs the glass and drinks it empty after a few minutes. Then he cleans it up and heads home..

RE: Richard Cole's Journal - Duvelske - 03-13-2013

While entering his home he notices that everything is dark. All lights are out.. "Moniek? You there?" no response. He sees some lights on the ground..

[Image: w6wqrm.jpg]

"Follow the lights darling.." and so Richard does.. He walks slowly across the tealights placed on the ground. Moving to other rooms. till eventually he ends up in...

[Image: 286xt0m.jpg]

"Moniek, this looks nice! I bet it will be a good evening." "I am coming in a second. have to catch some drinks first. What you want to drink? The usual?""Yes please. Going in the bathtub if you don't mind?" When he just said the last words.. Moniek enters the room. On one hand a bottle of wine and the other one 2 glasses. Clothed with almost nothing but some lingerie.."bought this today. I hope you like it..." Richard takes the bottle of wine and the glasses and puts them next the bathtub."It is like you are having me under some spell. You are so beautiful I cannot stop watching you..." Moniek lays her hands on Richards face and start kissing...

1 hour later and an empty bottle of wine.. They both lay within the bathtub. Richard holds Moniek in his hands."We really needed this to spent more time together." "We can spent more time together with our vacation. Now you mention it. You have a suggestion where to go?" its quiet for a moment. "you know how I feel about my parents. You are right.. We need some vacation. Wanted to go to to Okinawa. Or maybe Nagano." "You surprise me. I did not expect that. Thought more towards Rheinland or maybe Bretonia." "In the past my father always told me stories about the Gas Miners. I have been there a long time ago and I was hoping to visit them again." "Tomorrow I will write them a message. And we shall see from there." Moniek nods and gives Richard another kiss. "lets enjoy the evening and just cuddle" Richard nods and the evening passes by...

RE: Richard Cole's Journal - Duvelske - 03-17-2013

The next day they wake up. Ryan is crying, he is hungry again. Moniek is going to feed him while Richard dresses himself and is going to his office. Many things have to be done before they can depart. It is essential it will be organized properly, otherwise it might end in a huge waste of time and money. But Richard is sure this will not happen. He has faith in his friends and family. With this in mind he is going to make some transmissions. He starts with writing a transmission for asking permission to travel trough some systems. After some time he did finish the transmissions to GMG and the KNF high command. Now its waiting for the response. Richard leaves his office and walks through the ship. Just to see if he overlooked something. While walking through the ship he is greeted by everyone. Nothing comes in mind of Richard, when suddenly Eric appears in front of him. "Kallisti Richard. I am very busy with the construction plans for Freeport XXI. But now I see you I wanted to inform you that everything goes well. I suggest you to recruit some additional pilots for deployment of scouting and defense purposes for the Barrel.Roll." "You are right with that one Eric. I will put this on my to-do list. as there are many things wich are needed before we could actually go." "I have to go further now Richard. I still have a lot to do. 23's" "23's Eric" Curious how the responses on his transmissions will go, Richard heads towards home.

RE: Richard Cole's Journal - Duvelske - 04-08-2013

After a few days the necessary paperwork was done. It was time to say goodbye to the family and friends which they left behind. On Shasta they gave a going away party. Which they enjoyed alot. The next they everyone was boarding the Barrel.Roll for the journey to begin. Many sad faces where shown during the departure. Jack, Eric, Sander, Deborah and Jack where saying their goodbyes to Moniek, Richard and Ryan. Tears came, Deborah did hold Ryan in her arms. "Be good for you mommy and daddy. And do not make a huge mess." Richard started to smile. "At least he has a good pitching arm." Moniek looks at her mother (Deborah) "We will be fine mother. He is still a baby after all." Deborah nods and hands over Ryan in the arms of Moniek. And then the time of the departure did come. "It is time to go. It saddens me at this point, yet its the best for us in this point. I leave you three in charge of the reconstruction of the Freeport." Richard points out to Eric, Sander and Jack. "I know you can work together and i have faith in you. Keep me informed about the events and the progress." all three agree. Richard, Moniek and Ryan are boarding the Barrel.Roll. Just before they are out of sight they turn around and start to wave. Till the doors closes. Moniek heads with Ryan to their quarters and Richard heads towards the commanding seat. He is greeted there by his crew and he makes his first command on boarding the ship. "All systems are checked?" "We are ready to go captain!" "Start the engines and set course to Tau-29, Kyushu and then New Tokyo. May Eris be our guidance" "Detaching ship and engaging thrusters"