Discovery Gaming Community
Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. (/showthread.php?tid=92857)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - OllO - 01-21-2013

Thing is there is a lot of Rule Abuser's in disco atm. well...till then, this rule is fine.

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - dodike - 01-21-2013

Checking your scanner and bugging off before you get overwhelmed by hostiles could work. Anyone with experience to confirm or deny this hypothesis?

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - Anaximander - 01-21-2013

How about them warzones? 30 minutes / 1 hour death penalty in those systems only?

Like the other day we were fighting Libertonians, and a bunch of them re-engaged and I found that super awesome because it kept the battle going and forced us to tactically retreat. Otherwise we would have run out of stuff to shoot at and gone home somewhat dissatisfied.

I bet it would take some of the pressure off conn as well. At times 10-20% of the server population that hang out there, and it might be more fun if people could meet and duke it out in rp warzones instead. It might also lead to a decline in random out-of-ZOI cap expeditions, when/if they suddenly got stuff to do in the neighbourhood - as well as direct those forces against what is supposed to be their main enemy in-rp.

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - Jack_Henderson - 01-21-2013

Completely on Sindrom's side in this one.

4 hours is too long and also unnecesary.
2 hours would do just fine.
I also think 1 is actually enough to make a point.

There could be a line to say that keeps people from engaging into the same fight, in case it is still going on (only happens with base sieges anyway).

"You cannot enter the same fight (e.g. a base siege) that you died in."

And yes, it would definitely reduce the QQ about being killed in pvp, which would be a good development on the server. As a consequence of reduced QQ, frustration and anger, there would be less sanctions, less oorp bullying and hostility...

... so, yeah, definitely give it a try.

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - Jack_Henderson - 01-21-2013

(01-21-2013, 12:04 PM)dodike Wrote: Checking your scanner and bugging off before you get overwhelmed by hostiles could work. Anyone with experience to confirm or deny this hypothesis?

And bugging out at the first sight of bad odds leads to what we see a lot now: "Don't give them a fight! We can't win anyway" attitude is not really what we need to increase interaction and fun on the server.

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - Lonely_Ghost - 01-21-2013

Remove 4 hours rule not to enter in system you was killed. Let the players to move there after fight finished, but keep rule about re-engaging. 4 Hours, or may be less you should not make a vendeta to players you killed.

Thats my vision.

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - dodike - 01-21-2013

(01-21-2013, 03:12 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote:
(01-21-2013, 12:04 PM)dodike Wrote: Checking your scanner and bugging off before you get overwhelmed by hostiles could work. Anyone with experience to confirm or deny this hypothesis?

And bugging out at the first sight of bad odds leads to what we see a lot now: "Don't give them a fight! We can't win anyway" attitude is not really what we need to increase interaction and fun on the server.
Well, make sure you are on the loosing side. Opponents won't be running and you will have your fun.

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - Narcotic - 01-21-2013

You can always ask the one who killed you (or the group), if you can re-enter the system. In my experience, only 1 of 4 people deny it.

(01-21-2013, 03:51 PM)Narcotic Wrote: You can always ask the one who killed you (or the group), if you can re-enter the system. In my experience, only 1 of 4 people deny it.
That's because they want to shoot you again.

RE: Reducing pvp death consequences to avoid ''gank'' rants. - Hone - 01-23-2013

I say put in shiploss on death (with balances such as cheaper stuff, ships more easily available, all equipment available everywhere ect.) And remove time out entirely.