Discovery Gaming Community
BHG gunSHIP Loadout - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: BHG gunSHIP Loadout (/showthread.php?tid=9341)

Pages: 1 2 3

BHG gunSHIP Loadout - Burroloco - 06-13-2008

' Wrote:because most people (myself included) think the BH Gunship is overpowered right now. It's too small and too manuverable for a capship, yet it can still throw on gunboat level shields, a capship MkVIII armor upgrade, and six gunboat-class guns without having power issues.

The thing flies like a fighter but has the power of a gunboat, basically.

This is worrysome....though you may not choose to believe me I was genuinely unaware of the handling situation.....I saw it as being on a par with say a Rouge gunboat and intended to fit it out as a working "pirate mining" venture with a properRP loadout.....i.e. living mostly off of dead NPCs and staying in character in the intermittant PVP contacts.....thus my character has sunk his entire wad into a ship which you say is widely viewed on the server as almost a cheat ship......not good.

By the way is capship MkVIII better than its universal counterpart? I'd often wondered about that.

BHG gunSHIP Loadout - Dopamino - 06-13-2008

It flies like a bomber, not a fighter. It should probably only have 5 turrets though.

BHG gunSHIP Loadout - Tenacity - 06-13-2008

' Wrote:It flies like a bomber, not a fighter. It should probably only have 5 turrets though.

I suggested on the developers forum that two of the six turrets be made rear-firing only. They cant remove any hardpoints on the ship without forcing a character wipe, but they can restrict firing arcs.

Quote:This is worrysome....though you may not choose to believe me I was genuinely unaware of the handling situation.....I saw it as being on a par with say a Rouge gunboat and intended to fit it out as a working "pirate mining" venture with a properRP loadout.....i.e. living mostly off of dead NPCs and staying in character in the intermittant PVP contacts.....thus my character has sunk his entire wad into a ship which you say is widely viewed on the server as almost a cheat ship......not good.

By the way is capship MkVIII better than its universal counterpart? I'd often wondered about that.

Sorry for that =P

But yea... it's a pretty commonly used ship by bh's and mercs, and nobody likes fighting it because of how agile it is for a capship. It can easily out-turn any other gunboat in the mod, and the only one that even comes close is the kusari GB.

As for the armor... standard MkVIII armor is a 2.5x increase in hull strength. Capital MkVIII armor is a 4.0x increase in hull strength.

It's pretty pricey though, the standard mk8 is only like 15 million credits, while the cap mk8 is what... 400 million? something like that.

So my choices seem to be either to endure the hatred until I have saved enough to buy an Orca or trade down for a BH bomber say or maybe a Manta. I don't want to be seen as a cheat.....there are lots of the Gunships flying about....maybe now I know why......dammit and I was just going on the LOOK of the thing.

Edit
I know, I'll trade it in for a bomber and use that [which will leave me with some chump-change for weapons and stuff].....I know its silly but the way BH fighters all have guns placed in pairs kinda put me of 'em since I like to use one missile for the coup de grace and that setup looks asymetrical with Hammerheads and what have you....
Thanks for the input folks.

I dont know why anyone would go for that thing for looks... it's hideous =P

BHG gunSHIP Loadout - Dopamino - 06-13-2008

I think it looks kinda cool...
The Orca isn't bad, just kinda underpowered and buggy.

BHG gunSHIP Loadout - Varyag - 06-13-2008

Advanced starbeam turrets would rock the world! JK

Sorlaris turrets would be the most fighterish and would fit your RP the best. IMO

Killed a BH GS in my Hacker GS last night. It was all I could do to even keep fireing at the thing. They turn so fast I couldn't keep it in forward view. It was a long fight for caps.

' Wrote:I dont know why anyone would go for that thing for looks... it's hideous =P

Naw....I meant that I wanted something that looked, you know, obsolete, battered and weird.[I like the Spatial too!] What do you reckon with the Bomber Idea?....then I could occasionally hunt bigger fish too, maybe.

' Wrote:Advanced starbeam turrets would rock the world! JK

Sorlaris turrets would be the most fighterish and would fit your RP the best. IMO

Killed a BH GS in my Hacker GS last night. It was all I could do to even keep fireing at the thing. They turn so fast I couldn't keep it in forward view. It was a long fight for caps.

heh, i know how it feels to be on the opposite side of that engagement =P

I took on an outcast destroyer in my zoner destroyer last night. I may only have 9 turrets, but I can fly circles around that outcast behemoth. Drifting is win.

' Wrote:Naw....I meant that I wanted something that looked, you know, obsolete battered and weird.[I like the Spatial too!] What do you reckon with the Bomber Idea?....then I could occasionally hunt bigger fish too, maybe.

bombers are useless without a supernova cannon, unless you only go up against fighters (in which case a normal torpedo can be used to decent effect). The supernova costs almost 8 million credits on it's own, and another 6+ million for a bomber.

I'd say stick with the gunship until you can afford something else.

BHG gunSHIP Loadout - Athenian - 06-13-2008

The GBH is a slippery little fish, but not super powerful, and is being changed in the next version as far as I know. The orca has a problem with the forward gun which will be fixed next version too I believe but that isnt reason NOT to buy one.

It sounds very positive that you're considering moving DOWN as opposed to UP in size, so kudos to you. There are so many guild capships around that you will be hard pressed to compete but you'll generally get more respect (or indeed looks of shocked awe) to be seen in the smaller BH ships. The bomber is a great choice, and i love the manta.

Let me know your name ingame and Ill partner up with you, it'll take two or more bombers to take down the juicy targets.

If you like the GBH, keep it until youre sure you want to get rid of it. Pirates will always wish that hunters flew vessels that are completely unthreatening. You've worked hard to get it. Make a new character for the bomber or manta. The GBH is brilliant for exploring the Omicrons and acquiring nomad specimens for the Guild. I have a cerberus, two bret missile turrets and three solaris which makes it very versatile. It will be a bigger target next version and may have less turrets but it is still a great ship. Invulnerable? Not at all.