Discovery Gaming Community
Rules need change. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Rules need change. (/showthread.php?tid=93519)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Rules need change. - Zynth - 02-03-2013

Just tell the bugger you want to shoot him and shoot him.

If you silently engage another player, it would be a sanctionable offense.

NPCs are an exception because they aren't players, shoot them all you want.

RE: Rules need change. - Veygaar - 02-03-2013

You are allowed to kill a pirate you just killed if he's moved onto another system and you find him again.

The rule only prevents the person KILLED from attacking the KILLER. (In this case, as in all cases, the defending player can "defend" once he is attacked by the person who killed him earlier.)

RE: Rules need change. - John Churchill - 02-03-2013

The idea of this game is to act out a character, if you simply shoot people of enemy factions without talking at all, that would just make you "policeman x" or "pirate y".
When talking to other players, friends and foes alike, you represent a complete person, which is what makes this game fascinating, and meeting someone acting a completely different person can give you an experience quite different from wild combat (enjoyable as that might be at times).

RE: Rules need change. - BloodTree - 02-03-2013

When you make conversation with pirate about that you are going to shoot him if he will not leave alone your trader or system. When you do that you give him time to call for help.
There are lot of situations where is better shoot then make conversation.
So why not make rule that if you feel that something bad will going to happen you don`t need make conversation with pirate.
Most conversation are about who know more rules and play by them. Usually both side are 50% wrong.
Rules must be simple!

To who belong Magellan system is it IMG or Rogue or Liberty? Why players doing RP made up new stuff witch don`t make any sense?

RE: Rules need change. - Harley.Quinn - 02-03-2013

(02-03-2013, 05:01 AM)BloodTree Wrote: Because there are no need for thus roles at all.
Thous roles don`t make gameplay better at all.
I like simple things witch brings fun not some kinda i don`t even know how to call it.

It's not so hard to find such kind of game.Or even a server,there're some servers without the RP requirement

RE: Rules need change. - BloodTree - 02-03-2013

oh yes with 1-20 players online it`s almost like single player and too high ping with thous servers.

RE: Rules need change. - Agmen of Eladesor - 02-03-2013

(02-03-2013, 07:08 PM)BloodTree Wrote: oh yes with 1-20 players online it`s almost like single player and too high ping with thous servers.

Okay, I read your posts.

I have a real good philosophy about this. You want to play on our server because we have activity, but you don't want to abide by OUR rules, you want us to change them to accommodate you, is what you're saying.

See the door? Please don't let it hit you in the butt on the way out. Either play by the rules we've set up here or ... don't. Simply leave and go away. Period. We're not going to change this from a role-play required server. You want to get your pew on, go to Connecticut. And guess what? EVEN THERE, you have to follow the rules. That's right - Connecticut is not a free for all where you can simply shoot whoever you want, whenever you want - you actually have to ASK the person there if they're willing to get into pew with you.

If you're so self-centered and narcissistic that you think it all has to revolve all around and all about you all the time, then it's about time you learned about the real world. I don't know you personally, and depending upon the time zones, I may never run into you in game. But your attitude here has managed to get on my last nerve, and I'm tired of it. People have tried to explain to you how we do things here, and you don't want to listen to them.

Leave. Vacate the premises. Don't come back.

Now, if you're willing to actually listen to the people who have been explaining to you how things go around here, that puts a different light on it. But right now, I don't care - you're making excuses, instead of actually trying. So go away, we don't want to deal with your garbage. Not until you grow up.

RE: Rules need change. - P1vas - 02-03-2013

Quote:Or even a server,there're some servers without the RP requirement

I like the RP nature of the server. I like the 4-hour rule, i like that people play characters that fit the lore.
RP=/=conversation.
"Talky before shooty" rule is there, but do not ever claim silent attack to be ooRP just because it was silent.
It's a violation, but it's not ooRP by default.

RE: Rules need change. - Hone - 02-03-2013

Quite so.

RE: Rules need change. - Crackpunch - 02-04-2013

Come on guys, open your eyes.