Discovery Gaming Community
Spatial's new model - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Spatial's new model (/showthread.php?tid=94067)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Spatial's new model - Reid - 02-14-2013

(02-14-2013, 06:22 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: I can rip a bomber apart....
Does that make me invincible??? Big Grin

That means the bomber pilot is bad

RE: Spatial's new model - nOmnomnOm - 02-14-2013

(02-14-2013, 03:53 PM)Safe Haven Wrote:
(02-14-2013, 06:22 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: I can rip a bomber apart....
Does that make me invincible??? Big Grin

That means the bomber pilot is bad

I'll have you know SIR that he was good! (sun)

RE: Spatial's new model - Toaster - 02-14-2013

(02-14-2013, 03:50 PM)Narcotic Wrote: [Image: spatialmk3.png]

Looks a lot like a huge Eagle and a huge Titan liked each other very much.

RE: Spatial's new model - Reid - 02-14-2013

(02-14-2013, 05:41 PM)Toaster Wrote: Looks a lot like a huge Eagle and a huge Titan liked each other very much.

It looks like a brown Plier

RE: Spatial's new model - Veygaar - 02-15-2013

Epic turret steering madness lies ahead with this model [Image: happybounce.gif]

RE: Spatial's new model - nOmnomnOm - 02-15-2013

(02-15-2013, 12:19 AM)Veygaar Wrote: Epic turret steering madness lies ahead with this model [Image: happybounce.gif]

but what about the missiles :S

RE: Spatial's new model - JudgeYohance - 02-15-2013

While I really like the look of the ship, I think it would in fact be worse then the current build for combat purposes.

The ship is far wider then the original build and that is going to make it far easier to hit. Also the screen of the ship shooting and these shots here show the hardpoints have been heavily spread out across the ship. I would tend to think based on other vessels using the type of design that accuracy is going to be a significant problem at close range when the turrets can't keep up with the movements of the target ship and others can't be brought to bare. Last up is as a mining ship, I just don't see a "mining ship" when I look at it though on the other side the current spatial doesn't really scream "mining ship" either. I think I would have to see this ship in space to get a proper feel for it but the initial thought is beautiful looker, not practical though.

An idea I do get when I look at it though, what about a long range Super Bomber (Maybe a FL version of a B-29)? The ship is almost the size of a small GB, give it a powercore of say 70,000, give her standard Heavy Bomber loadout but using all turrets in place of any regular cannons and give it turn stats of around 42 (or at least between the Heavy bombers and light GB's). You would end up with I think a true bomber. To slow to ever tangle with fighters but a huge core capable of inflicting large amounts of damage to cap ships with it's defenses more designed around a GB's protection.

Okay so I went off the rails a little but it is what sprang to mind when I looked at it. So even if the new design does not meet the popular demand for a better spatial, it gave some interesting concept ideas and I do think I will enjoy seeing the new ship in space.

RE: Spatial's new model - Echo 7-7 - 02-15-2013

If you don't like it, sorry, but the policy is "no more imports".

Also, I could tell you exactly where all the hardpoints are... But those would be spoilers.

RE: Spatial's new model - nOmnomnOm - 02-15-2013

(02-15-2013, 03:14 AM)Echo 7-7 Wrote: If you don't like it, sorry, but the policy is "no more imports".

Also, I could tell you exactly where all the hard points are... But those would be spoilers.

As long as the ship isn`t ruined, all the spatial lovers will be pleased.

I hope...

Edit: OH and another thing.
What I would like to see is the hard point for a snac in a better position. Having it in its current position or having it under the ship is just a pain when you are trying to aim it. Currently you would have to memorize where it sits on the ship and at what angles it works at.

Another thing about hard points is that the guns are placed on the ship exposed way too badly. I was cruising out in space and accidently passed a red base and it blew off one of my guns. Same in dogfights at times. I don't know it its designed like this on purpose or if it wasn't considered and is just a side affect.

RE: Spatial's new model - Chrono - 02-16-2013

Ok, first of all, NOMMY, stop replying to EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Secondly, I'm sold, ill take two, one in the default colors and one with the LR insignia plastered on the tops of both wings....

now that being said, i'll only take two if they are NOT the Spatial.

Other than that, good model, my small Bison fleet will defiantly be stopping when one of these things tells it to.