Discovery Gaming Community
"Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: "Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages (/showthread.php?tid=94311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: "Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - Silver - 02-18-2013

IMO, decent, but... how you prove you actually shot the guy? You can be just abusing the system and camping furballs to collect on said black boxes without even firing one single shot.

And pls, BHG isn't usefull anywhere. Ask the Houses.

<3

And nevermind the contractors willing to review all that frickin' information.. As the two ss's isn't enough per claim. The guy doing the LR board is gonna need a new pair of glasses just as it is.

<3

RE: "Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - Scumbag - 02-18-2013

(02-18-2013, 10:09 PM)Silver Wrote:
IMO, decent, but... how you prove you actually shot the guy? You can be just abusing the system and camping furballs to collect on said black boxes without even firing one single shot.

And pls, BHG isn't usefull anywhere. Ask the Houses.

<3

BHG is not usefull because it's a pain to post on bounty boards, and that made hunters rare. Making it easier to be in the BHG would increase the number of hunters thus making them usefull. And whoever tractors your kill should be a criminal and treated as such. It's a great idea, i support it.

(02-18-2013, 10:15 PM)Scumbag Wrote: BHG is not usefull because it's a pain to post on bounty boards, and that made hunters rare. Making it easier to be in the BHG would increase the number of hunters thus making them usefull. And whoever tractors your kill should be a criminal and treated as such. It's a great idea, i support it.
But to collect, it would still be required to do all the paperwork. Or how you expect to get payed?

And whoever tractors your kill should be a criminal? Lol? I can put three examples out of my head just now that a random BHG dude would get into furballs, kill people and watch his kill boxes getting swipped by people just because, without him being able to reply to such actions.

There are rules that are abused as it is.
Don't try to create new ones that are going to be another headache to admins.

<3

RE: "Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - Scumbag - 02-18-2013

Am i mistaken or in the original game you could only tractor items from the kills you made?

And Silver you are just being negative.

Telling i am negative isn't really a decent reply to the points i just made.

60% or 70% of my post count in this account were done in the Bounty Board section since it's inception.
Believe me, if anything, i want something that can speed the bounty claiming process. But this ain't it.

You're still required to post in order to claim. This system has serious problems that can be abused.

iRP wise, guncams of the player ship that managed the kill, are better than a killbox that can be swiped by anyone in the middle of a furball.

And no. Original game, you can still tractor anything that is floating in space within your range.

<3

RE: "Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - SMGSterlin - 02-19-2013

(02-18-2013, 10:09 PM)Silver Wrote:
<3
Exactly.

It makes bounty hunting much more interesting, means you gotta be quick on the B button after making your kill.

It wouldn't be abusing the system, it would be USING the system, properly. If you let someone steal your bounty, then that's your fault, not theirs, tough luck.

EDIT: And obviously, the bounty system would be reworked a bit if this got implemented, so don't be using bounty board rules right now as an argument, because those are easily changed.

RE: "Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - Hone - 02-19-2013

(02-18-2013, 08:34 PM)Ingenious Wrote:
(02-18-2013, 08:29 PM)Omicron Wrote: What you think will happen if BHG will not submit bounty because he lost blackbox and the one being hunted will report him for abuse?
That rule is referring to the bounty offer, not the claim-- a bounty hunter must be able to point to the bounty offer, but he is not compelled to claim it. I mean, he'd be stupid not to, but still.

Incorrect my friend:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=44083

2. Players are required to claim for kills made under a bounty contract within a reasonable period of time.

RE: "Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - Ingenious - 02-19-2013

(02-19-2013, 04:08 AM)Hone Wrote:
(02-18-2013, 08:34 PM)Ingenious Wrote: That rule is referring to the bounty offer, not the claim-- a bounty hunter must be able to point to the bounty offer, but he is not compelled to claim it. I mean, he'd be stupid not to, but still.

Incorrect my friend:

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=44083

2. Players are required to claim for kills made under a bounty contract within a reasonable period of time.
I stand corrected, "friend"

RE: "Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - Agmen of Eladesor - 02-19-2013

While having something drop sounds amusing, the bounty system is borked enough as is, without making it even MORE complicated. How many of us have been in battles and the blue message shows up saying that the person died, not to your gunfire, but to NPC's, or worse - to some random player halfway across Sirius?

And honestly, Sterlin, if you've ever seriously played a bounty hunter player, you don't WANT any additional complications. As it is, to do it CORRECTLY, you have to have FRAPS running nearly continuously, have an additional spreadsheet open, and have references to all the bounty boards open - normally all at the same time. Otherwise you're either (a) getting charged with PvP abuse because the person you thought was bountied wasn't or (b) wasting your time because you managed to kill the bugger but didn't get the screen proof.