Discovery Gaming Community
Would you want to live forever. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Would you want to live forever. (/showthread.php?tid=94948)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Would you want to live forever. - Sarawr!? - 03-02-2013

If I had an option to extend my life indefinitely...I'd do so, although yes, I'd probably get to a point where I decide "Okay, that's about enough of this."

It would be interesting to live at least another hundred years or so, and be in a condition where I would actually be able to go out and experience the world.

If I could pass that condition onto other people, I imagine that I could live more than another hundred and be reasonably happy xD

On the opposite side of the same token, over the next hundred years, humans are probably going to do more immensely stupid and mind bogglingly cruel things to one another, that might make me regret my choice to stay around.

RE: Would you want to live forever. - SA_Scavenger - 03-02-2013

Imagine the over population if everyone lived forever...

RE: Would you want to live forever. - Eduard - 03-02-2013

(03-02-2013, 06:06 PM)LolRawr!? Wrote: On the opposite side of the same token, over the next hundred years, humans are probably going to do more immensely stupid and mind bogglingly cruel things to one another, that might make me regret my choice to stay around.

Neah, you'll most likely become a misanthropic immortal dude who will actually enjoy seeing humanity exterminate itself. I mean, it's kind of a clichee here. You live long enough to see the mistakes and wrong things of humanity just to find out that the world will be a better place without it.

Typical Evil Mastermind I say

RE: Would you want to live forever. - TempJ - 03-02-2013

I'r rather stay mortal. Immortality would be boring and would propably make me too cynical to enjoy eternal life anyway. 70-80 is a good age to die.

RE: Would you want to live forever. - Mickk - 03-02-2013

(03-02-2013, 04:14 PM)Echilon Wrote:
(03-02-2013, 03:43 PM)Mickk Wrote: After thinking about it, my answer is no.

Yes, I would like to live for a long time and be healthy/happy right up to the end, but living forever would kinda suck.

Think about how many friends/lovers you would outlive.
I suppose you would get used to that eventually, but in the meantime it would be a major bummer.

As things stand right now, I figure I have at *least* another 50 years to go before I kick the bucket, as long as I don't get killed in an accident or something silly like that.

About you outliving someone you do understand I gave you the option to give other people this gift also?

Edit: jammi that is I aspect I never thought about. Kinda of cool to think you are a alien from the past Big Grin

My answer is still no, there would be people who would say no to your question and I wouldn't want to force anyone who didn't want to to live forever.

RE: Would you want to live forever. - Swallow - 03-02-2013

Well, pretty obvious that we live forever.

RE: Would you want to live forever. - Strichev - 03-02-2013

Yes! I would want to live forever. At least I wouldn't feel bad about playing computer games and reading these forums. Wasting time? Not a problem, for I have infinite amount of years to go!

RE: Would you want to live forever. - Yber - 03-02-2013

I'd rather live forever by leaving my piece to the next generations.

People like Júlio César, Gueorgui Zhúkov, Newton, or even those whose existence isn't even proved, as Achilies or Rómulo and Remo.

We do can live forever, but being honest, we won't, lol.

RE: Would you want to live forever. - Haste - 03-02-2013

Living forever? No thanks. Living very long - and staying healthy / "young" during the entire period? Wouldn't mind that.

Death is overrated.

RE: Would you want to live forever. - Othienka - 03-03-2013

(03-02-2013, 03:37 PM)jammi Wrote:
(03-02-2013, 03:32 PM)Othienka Wrote: You are fit, you can grant anyone the same gift and you can take a pill when you get tired of it? Where are the disadvantages?

You're trapped in a society and specie that continues to advance and evolve, leaving you behind as an outdated and isolated alien.

But sometimes I feel like an outdated, isolated alien . . .

Today I realized I'm a Neardenthal.