Discovery Gaming Community
New character idea - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: New character idea (/showthread.php?tid=9535)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

New character idea - Capt. Henry Morgan - 06-19-2008

' Wrote:Generic military ID wouldn't allow the use of a Destroyer ...

That's what I get for not reading the ID before shooting my mouth off. Thanks for pointing that out.:)

I could still maybe use the BAF ID, then run without a tag. I'm still not sure that it's an appropriate ID, though. The pirate ID isn't, really, as I wouldn't be pirating. The terrorist id could work, but not for multiple character, as the admins restrict who gets those. I keep going back to the BAF id. Does anyone else have a good idea?

New character idea - Zapp - 06-19-2008

Any generic ID doesn't allow the use of anything over a GB, so the Pirate ID is out, too. Terrorist ID is a good idea, but I don't think you'd get one. Just stick with BAF.

New character idea - me_b_kevin - 06-19-2008

i think the BAF ID makes you look more legit also. i mean, if your trying to rule Bretonia then you'd need their ID. it could be treated as a possible civil war, which would be interesting indeed. especially with a war going on...perfect time to make your move

' Wrote:i think the BAF ID makes you look more legit also. i mean, if your trying to rule Bretonia then you'd need their ID. it could be treated as a possible civil war, which would be interesting indeed. especially with a war going on...perfect time to make your move

A civil war was precisely what I had in mind for this. Hence the reason why a bunch of people would be aligned with Queen Carina (the player factions), and a handful with King George (me and anyone else crazy enough to do this). That might also explain why the majority of the BAF would keep out of it.

Anybody else? Feel free to shake my idea till it falls apart! Helps me work out the kinks before I actually do this.

New character idea - worldstrider - 06-19-2008

Monanarchists!

:P

Spanish Civil War that!!

New character idea - Tarkis - 06-19-2008

Sounds like it would be a great addition to Bretonian space to me.

I would consider making a loyalist character to fight along side you and your insane, forgotten-king self.

As for suggestions, Terrorist ID is what i think would work best, if you could get one.
My reasoning for that instead of a BAF ID is that the ID's are more meant to make sure yourself and other players know what you can and cannot do, what you're most likely to do, and to give them a way of knowing if they should be shooting at you or not. ID's are not, from what i understand, just an RP boost. (Correct me if i'm wrong on this, please.)

If someone that had never seen you before, say one of the Queen's own, and they scanned you and saw the BAF ID with no tag..."Oh...look a new recruit getting his character rep set up, guess i shouldn't fire on him/her."
Then you announce that you're the real ruler and start blasting them to smithereens...well they're likely to be confused and very pissed off.
Again, please correct me if what i just said is backwards.

New character idea - bluntpencil2001 - 06-19-2008

I would not use the BAF ID. The Commander in Chief of the BAF is Queen Carina, the First of Her Name... that would imply that she was your superior.

Terrorist ID would make most sense, although Gaian or Molly could work.

Ok, I may consider applying for a terrorist ID, then. The question follow then, what about any other ships? I know that the admins are not going to pass around multiple ID's. A Gaian or Molly ID wouldn't really fit the bill, since I'm not a Gaian or Molly.

New character idea - Zapp - 06-19-2008

Other, smaller ships could run with Pirate IDs I think. I still think the BAF is best... maybe have them make a 'Revolutionary ID' for the next mod version?

New character idea - bluntpencil2001 - 06-19-2008

No need to request a new ID when the terrorist ID fits fine.

I would suggest that this character not fire on traders, though.