Discovery Gaming Community
Player pilot cargo pod - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Player pilot cargo pod (/showthread.php?tid=95403)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Player pilot cargo pod - Scumbag - 03-13-2013

I think there is a language barrier between us JayDee and more so, a difference in the interpretation of blue message RP. I think we should agree to disagree.

RE: Player pilot cargo pod - Jinx - 03-13-2013

gotto agree with jaydee there...

right now - you use your imagination on equal terms - you can RP a death or a cloning - or an escape via pod.

the "item" ( as in .. the pod ) does not exist though - so it is a mutual agreement between the players. the victor depends slightly on the willingness of the victim there - making the victim do or RP things the victim does not want to RP is considered powergaming - hence... negative.

if we introduced an item - we would give the victor a solid game mechanic that supported the idea of powergaming against the will of the victim. - the victor HAS the pod - the pod is REAL - it is in the hands of the victor.

the victim has little to say in that respect, cause all evidence points as being at the mercy of the victor. - the only way out would be to RP a premature pod launch or the pod to be fake to escape forced RP.

generally - it might be fairer to introduce escape pods as commodities - which can drop upon destruction or can be dropped prematurely. - but only if the player actually WANTS to roleplay such a scenario. ( meaning - no forced powergaming )

so the prediction is that nothing changes - we only get more forced and cheesy roleplay about "why the player had not been in the pod"

RE: Player pilot cargo pod - Scumbag - 03-13-2013

Well if you all want to pretend having an escape pod than who am i to stop you, don't let things like reality get in your way. I'm gonna start pretending i'm playing the game right now at work.

On a more serious note though, isn't this the kind of thing that encourages RP? Isn't this what we are striving for?

RE: Player pilot cargo pod - JayDee Kasane - 03-13-2013

It will do more RP yes, but this may lead to powergaming as Jinx said. Because if someone will have your pod he might force to do some RP or ooRP things that you dont want to. So he will have power over you.
Lets imagine Reavers for example. There is plenty of people who dislikes them. Now imagine that one reaver pilot got caught and now forced to do stuff he dont wants to or his escape pod will be destroyed with pilot in it. Quite nasty dont it?
This aint EVE where you have always clones and you can kill pods and be sure that their pilot will be resurrected. in Disco I never saw clones of humans at all. so lets keep Disco RP and Lore unchanged in this.

RE: Player pilot cargo pod - AeternusDoleo - 03-17-2013

Spawning bonus items on player death is exploitable, therefor not something we'll be implementing. Sorry folks.