Discovery Gaming Community
Freelancer keeps crashing after the server problems. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Freelancer keeps crashing after the server problems. (/showthread.php?tid=95667)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Freelancer keeps crashing after the server problems. - indy.miner1 - 03-21-2013

is freelancer the only game that crashes?

RE: Freelancer keeps crashing after the server problems. - Hull Stress - 03-22-2013

Greetings

Got the same problems as Ninefour.
Game crashes after switching with launchpad to a different char, then in station trying to move the mouse upwards onto nav map or launch -> results into a crash to desktop (say after changing 2-3 chars). Starting client from launchpad again -> crash occurs again, game is dead. Launchpad error ?

Sometimes it crashes when clicking onto the launch station button.
Client started via launchpad again ->
After re-login to server the ship is outside of the station then.
Game is ok so far.

What I do more often is using ALT+TAB for:
- switching to excel (my ship list) and typing in data
- reading the discoverygc forum when in flight
- changing chars via launchpad and returning to fl, so perhaps it's a question of the many switchings to OS and back ?

Weird bug reports... like
- d3d8.dll error even it isn't in the fl directory.
- runtime error R6025 pure virtual function call inside freelancer.exe

Installed new graphic driver, now connecting directly to internet (without netlimiter software), no success. It all happens since the ddos attack, possible client-server issue ?

Cheers !

RE: Freelancer keeps crashing after the server problems. - Ninefour - 03-23-2013

(03-21-2013, 08:42 PM)indy.miner1 Wrote: is freelancer the only game that crashes?

Yep. And only on the official server. I am also using Disco Launchpad.

RE: Freelancer keeps crashing after the server problems. - indy.miner1 - 03-25-2013

have you tried uninstall, resintall of all fl and disco

RE: Freelancer keeps crashing after the server problems. - AeternusDoleo - 03-25-2013

Concur, time to reinstall (and if you're using any other modifications on top of Disco, disable those). Pure virtual call suggests some code is being triggered that should never be triggered.

RE: Freelancer keeps crashing after the server problems. - indy.miner1 - 03-25-2013

yep total uninstall and reinstall of both disco and freelancer i think is needed

remember to save your ship codes if you can

1. uninstall disco

2 delete disco folders

3 uninstall freelancer

4 delete all freelance folders

5 reboot (sometimes it helps)

6 install freelancer (without any mods at all)

7 install disco itll grab what it needs from the fl folder

8 makesure launchpad is point at the correct exe (e.g. C:\Users\*your name*\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer 4.86.0\EXE)

that should do it if not then there must be a small driver somewhere thats affecting fl only, if so then i dunno what else can be done

RE: Freelancer keeps crashing after the server problems. - Ninefour - 03-25-2013

Aww, I put some minor mods in my disco, like the ugly 86 mortar replacement, new starspheres and some other effect-related stuff. I guess reinstalling everything anew and spending some time on that will make my game stop crashing. I guess the mortar replacement isn't the reason of crashes because I want to reinstall it again after I am finished with the whole game reinstallation.