Discovery Gaming Community
Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+---- Forum: Watering Holes (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=149)
+---- Thread: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" (/showthread.php?tid=99185)

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Sapo - 05-29-2013

Zack Masters stood in the magnificent Sylvania Dome, it's beauty never ceased to amaze him and it seemed that there was always something new and interesting to see everytime one visited it. At this moment though, he stood, holding an untouched drink, in front of one of the huge "windows" looking out into the beautiful Tau37 system.

He was completely oblivious to everything around him, something that was not at all normal for Zack, everyone who knew him also knew that he was always aware of his surroundings even when just sitting in a bar or any type of R&R. His lack of awareness was due to what he had witnessed a few days ago when the Tau37 system had a couple of "interesting" visitors and Zack Masters thought he would see the end of the Doc, Zakir, with his own eyes. He still couldn't believe the Doc had made it out of that situation in one piece, much less alive, even though he didn't quite seem the same afterward, but hey, Zack didnt really know the people around here long enough to think anything of it.

"Thats right Zack Ol'Chap...you thought you had seen it all in your sixty years didn't you? Well think again!" he thought to himself.

He was fairly new to the Commonwealth, had done a couple of trade runs with some of the Lads and was enjoying every minute of it. It was the best he had felt since the death of his late wife, he thought about her every single day
but it was less painful now and he was sure she would've approved of his decision to join them.

"BAH! snap out of it Old man" he thought while looking down at the untouched rum in his hand "Things are looking up, these are good lads, welcomed you like family and besides, "She" will always be watching over you" a thin smile touched his lips."You just need to get some rest and get back on some trade runs, that's what you love to do, that will clear your mind again"

He walked over to one of the many empty tables at this time of "day" and put his, still untouched drink, on it. Put his hand in his pocket, to match the other, and walked off towards the Dome's exit to get some much needed rest.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Eduard - 05-30-2013

" It's actually more than a badge, Iva " he said carefully watching as she took the ring away from him.

Robert then nodded to Iva as she assured him she would look after Zakir right before she left.

After she left, Robert looked as his watch, which read 19:00 . Robert's watch was set according to the central Time Zone on New Paris, the same Time Zone the Sylvania Biodome was set to simulate.

After carefully inspecting his watch, he started to stroke his leopard on his head. The animal answered this sign of attention with glee and satisfaction.

Robert then noticed Zack Masters to enter the Biodome. He was very satisfied to know that members of the Commonwealth were enjoying the new renovated biodome. But, before he could speak anything with Zack, he left suddenly.

That left Robert to relax for a few more minutes...

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Szpaku - 05-31-2013

*Zakir enters the bar with a strange look on his face and with few bottles of Vodka tucked in his back pockets*

So this is this Roberts great Dome? Duh! The screens could be more sharp...
Look at these animals! Do they even get food?

*Zakir Walks towards the windows to take a look outside*

And that sun always shining . I need a replacement for my liner...
Real quick But what can I do now?I have half of the Commonwealth thinking that Im just an old crazy old guy... They dont understand how it was to live among thieves and killers. Yet they judge me

*Zakir sits down and takes out the first bottle*[/i]

[i]Heh. If I could explain that would be great!

*Starts drinking*

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Auriec - 06-01-2013

Emilia Ravenhold calmy walks through the hallways of Freeport 10. If it weren't for the buzzing signs, she would be lost already. After a while, she arrives at the place that Robert, the Gallic of the Commonwealth recommended her to visit.

She offered her crew to take a day off, which they - of course - accepted.
On the way to the newest attraction of Freeport 10, Sylvania Dome, she notices many different groups. Bounty Hunters, miners, maltese civilians and soldiers. She wonders what prevents them from just going at each others throats? Emilia ponders for a moment, then shakes her head.

The young woman in crimson red continues her way towards the dome. She's only been on Freeport 10 for equipment, cargo and maybe a drink in the bar. Certainly something interesting to explore the station a little further.

After a while, she is finally greeted by the bright sun and the heaven like sight of Tau-37. She looks back, and notices her pride, the Sanguine Aurora, moored on the station. It feels strange not to be there, as it slowly became the place she spends all available time. The woman can't help but feel satisfied about her decision to head here. She bends down and touches the lush grass with her hands.

She smiles lightly.
"Feels like home."

After seconds of being lost in thought, Emilia stands up and looks around. She notices Robert in the distance, and nods in his general direction. Already forming some questions in her head, the captain of the Sanguine Aurora slowly heads towards him.

"Quite wonderful what you build here, Robert. Must've taken a lot of time and resources, I bet. Never seen some of these plants, where are they from? Oh, and is there a bar in here?
She smiles a bit, then watches him with an expectant gaze.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Enkidu - 06-02-2013

“Alright, there’s going to be hell to pay if this doesn’t function as its creator intended”

Achille grimaced, all mirth drained from his features as he inserted the contact lenses, lying flat down on the bed to negate conscious confusion. The technology was new and unpredictable, functionality questionable, Gallic in nature but sufficiently Sirian-esque to avoid attracting unintended focus from those Zoners who seemed convinced that ‘Gaul’ was some cryptic shortening of ‘apocalypse’. Being in the Omicrons (and Zoner’s inherent fear of a Gallic invasion of the Omicrons) did not prove beneficial.

At least till my ship’s no longer impounded…

His pupils dilated, perception swam, and Achille blacked out.

Innumerable light-years on the far rim of the Sirius sector, Achille’s replicant appeared to wake from a restful, fourteen-day lengthy dose from his position in the now decrepit looking deckchair, stood up, dusted itself off and gazed glibly around, somewhat surprised to discover itself in the same position in which it had been left.

Never thought to wake me then? Hrmm, well that somewhat lowers your faith in humanity doesn’t it? Putain de la…

Achille’s replicant moved quietly towards the bar, then ceased as he realised he had little to consume alcohol with.

"Merde."

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Eduard - 06-02-2013

Bonjour, madame Emile, it's good to see you have finally arrived " he said as he noticed the woman approaching him.

" The dome indeed took considerable resources but I like to believe that they are well spent. "

Robert let out his typical grin. He appreciated the fact that Emile noticed the beauty of the dome. He now stopped to stroke his pet and focused his entire attention on Emile. The leopard then walked away and chose a spot to relax.

" The plants are brought from Gallia. Mostly from the tropical or temperate zones of New Paris. "

" The bio-dome possesses an amphithreatre which has a bar in order to satisfy the needs of our visitors, madame. "

He then raised himself up from where he sat, and with a charismatic gesture, he pointed towards the amphitheatre

" Would you like me to show you the amphithreatre, madame? " he said

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Auriec - 06-03-2013

"It would be a pleasure, Robert."

The woman smiled lightly as she accepted his offer. She's never been interested in plants, but more in other lifeforms, such as alien animals or even beings such as the Nomads.
She watches the beauty and elegance in the movement of the cat of prey. Yes, this is what Emilia likes about the nature, and the universe. Everything has its flow, and is beautiful in its own way. How long does she already stare at its shape? Her gaze still follows the leopard for a while, then the crimson eyes focus on Robert.

She nods to signal that she is ready.
"Lead the way, sir. I'm certainly interested in what you have to offer in this dome.

Emilia thinks about the possibilities this biodome can offer. Even, what money she and her crew can make out of it. Maybe they could offer passenger journeys to the dome and back? This could bring some money into the void of her wallet. After all, there is no big sponsor that finances her work.

"At a later point, I could offer services of the Sanguine Aurora", she mumbles quietly.

After all, enjoying this trip was never a primary priority, although it is the secondary.

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Eduard - 06-04-2013

Robert was guiding Emilia through the green lush of vegetation that composed the decorative background of Sylvania Dome. The shoes hit the marble pavement releasing a faint sound until, finally, they have reached what seems to be the amphiteathre of the Dome.

Finally entered the amphiteatre, Robert guided Emilia to an empty table at the corner of it, far and hidden from any curious eyes or ears.

Robert nodded in the direction of the bar, one could guess it was a sign for the bartender to send someone to serve wine to the now occupied table. This move was followed by Robert pointing a seat to Emilia.

" Tell me, madame, have you ever been to the Omicrons? " he asked in an inquisitive tone, as he was positioning himself on the seat.

" The Deeper Omicrons, I mean of course. Where the Nomad presence is dangerously high. I am asking merely because I believe that Xenology is a subject worth to tackle on every occasion as I prefer to believe that you always have chances of finding something new " He said.

He then pushed two of his fingers against his throat. As if he was trying to find his words.

But before he could continue, a waiter arrived and served them a glass of red gaul wine, interrupting Robert.[/color]

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Auriec - 06-05-2013

Visibly relaxed, Emilia sits on her chair, legs crossed and hands folded. A sharp pain echoes in her mind, as she recalls the memories of the Omicrons, which followed after Roberts slightly unexpected question.

She waits until the the waiter finished serving the drinks and left. She looks to the waiter until the person is further away, then looks back towards Robert. She used the interuption to gather her thoughts on that subject.

"I've been there. Further than you might think. It is an incredibly mysterious, hostile place. You risk the life of yourself and those with you, just by being there."

She closes her eyes and ponders for a while, then smiles.

"What makes the Omicrons worth it though, is .. the bigger the risk, the better the reward."

Her gaze sweeps into the distance, to a place that never really existed. When she focused her eyes back on Robert, the wine has already been served.

"Xenology is an interesting subject, certainly. But there is one specific lifeform I am interested in. The nomads are one of the most evolved lifeforms, and their power is immense. Not even physical, but especially mental. I rarely visit the Omicrons, but when I am there, it's because of them. They astonish unlike any other extraterrestial lifeform."

She pauses, gathering her thoughts.

"Let me be straightforward. Have you ever experienced the mental touch of a nomad? Nothing simple, like the young ones, but the elders. How they can emulate a world inside your mind, and show you their truth? Where only small hints can tell you the difference between dream and reality?"

RE: Freeport 10's "Sylvania Dome" - Eduard - 06-05-2013

Robert took a sip from the Red wine in his glass, contemplating over the answers he received.

" The Omicrons are a civilization forgotten world, I cannot say that the Taus are having a better standing, but I've personally seen that a Tau zoner may have higher expectations from life than an Omicron one. However, what kind of rewards one would find in the Omicrons, madame? "

Robert was gazing into Emilia's eyes as he took another sip from his glass, this discussion clearly sparked interested inside him.

" So it is the nomads, non? " He asked rhetorically as he felt that his previous question was answered.

" I shall be honest, madame, I never had a profound contact with one of the so called "elder" nomads before. "

He obviously felt that this question wasn't thrown without a reason. He leaned back on his chair to accommodated.

" Such a question makes me wonder: Have you had any such contacts with the nomads, madame? "