Discovery Gaming Community
Brotherhood Feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Official Player Factions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+---- Forum: Edge Worlds (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Forum: [TBH] (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+----- Thread: Brotherhood Feedback (/showthread.php?tid=10942)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - Mímir - 01-22-2014

then show us the money in-rp and the matter is solved.

all that was needed for my character at least was TBH posting just 1 piece of evidence showing the good nature of IND towards corsairs; it would shut my guy up for good and maybe make him forget about the only other time he has seen IND: Namely supplying our enemy's base shortly after a corsair siege. or you could call my character an honorless swine and put him up against Tachyon or some of your other players that would crush me without breaking a sweat to defend my character's honor, and be done with it. roleplay generated, mission accomplished.

instead my character is told in-rp what to do by some random fella, just because he says so, and I am oorply told that I pissed off a lot of players and that I am a douche.

i dont understand how you cannot see you aren't doing yourselves any favors at all by this modus operandi.

EDIT: I even had to go on skype and through a long argument I think I managed to get you thinking that it might be a good idea to contact IND and make some sort of arrangement with them to show all the rest of us corsairs why we should follow TBH and why IND are friends. There's such a lack of imagination, it is incredible - if you can't be bothered then just stop playing corsair characters and leave it for other players imo. And what is worse: RP situations are dealt with oorply, and it is really not fitting for you nor any other faction. My character still has no clue that TBH considers him "honorless", it was mentioned in passing in this oorp thread and really that sucks greatly. You really shouldn't be happy with that either.

EDIT 2: I don't have anything to add, I wont post again unless spoken to or about.

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - Not Espi - 01-22-2014

(01-22-2014, 07:19 PM)roadrunner Wrote: ... kur nubėgo?

First learn sair lore
then read up on all
then comeback when you know what a sair are.

Fact is that IND do deliver food needed not only on Crete but on all stations where we live.

allso

Quote:But for corsairs? Same nation who deliberatly sends about one third of their young to die on daily basis? Gets most of it's resources in and out by middle-men.
with that statement why are you even playing Corsair ???

i didn't really want to get involved in this, but this very statement made me.

yes, corsairs send young pilots to die.

when you reach a certain age, you get a battered ship and are sent to malvada to find an artifact. some become sterile, some die or radiation - in the cloud or later. radiation poisoning hurts.

corsairs do this so that those who survive are considered to have a stronger constitution - survival of the fittest. the lack of food on crete also means that there would be no famine caused rebellions, etc. since you send that many people to die in the first place: less mouths to feed = more food for those that actually survive.

you wouldn't want another ventru-like incident from the past times to pop up, would you?

so to paraphrase you, go read some corsair lore, and then come back and you can call out people on any actual misinterpretations they made.

until then, i suggest you check your facts before making such statements.

as a matter of fact i am pretty sure that IND as a faction has abosolutely nothing to do with corsair lore, as they are libertonian, and the only thing they do is that they bring corsairs stuff now and then. based on your logic, IND deliver necessities to -ALL- bases in sirius ( maybe besides the french house, but i am assuming they spread their webs in that direction as well ).

ps: not a subject for this thread, i'm done here. ciao

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - ... kur nubėgo? - 01-22-2014

Vlko put it more civil than I could.

I'm just really tired by few factions trying to push their vision of the npc faction pretending that they know. And arguments like "respect your elders" or other nonsense like that does not add up to credability too.

I do not push how OPG or Sails did see the sair npc faction to anyone, nor as factions they ever did. There was no attempt to enforce those ideas onto other factions or indi players if they prefer other approach. We were just playing our characters and having fun. Same thing I do now, maybe not as much due to time shortages but.. you get the point.

Just a problem, that you don't like it. And it would be all fun and cool if only it was in character drama. But occ remarks on OPG suggests differently. And later bring up points how a "True corsair" supposedly to be played? Just because you said so?

This attitude of yours is just disgusting. While it's not a surprise from a few members here, despite how "just" they like to appear in public, but I tought some people here will know better, expecially for those who've been here long.

Best way to describe it would be: disapointemnt.

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - Zelot - 01-22-2014

No one is pushing their view of Corsairs, we are saying, wait for the council to deal with it. This is always the way it has been since the council started. When OPG and Sails were in the Council, this is what happened, so why the sudden change in your view?

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - ... kur nubėgo? - 01-23-2014

Council of elders is juridical character of it's own who makes it's decisions through disputes and discussions between it's members. Concurrence there is expected because it is build to function that way. It also does not shape underlying lore nor defines spine of corsair gameplay, but exist as supplementary to what already is by granting flexibility and a dynamic element to corsair faction as a whole.

"And if a corsair is something, he keeps his word - and when you break a corsair's word, you break it for all of us, Honor comes first."
^ rubbish like this, on the other hand, is totaly different.

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - chase.way - 01-23-2014

Quote:History of the Brotherhood

There are a lot of fellowships among the Corsairs. The Brotherhood proudly claims to be the oldest one. We are a militant group of radical Corsairs who prefer to achieve their goals by force than by using diplomatic ways as the diplomacy has repeatedly proved to be useless and leads to corruption rather than to its intended goals. This is especially true in recent days, where the Council of Elders has proved to be a body of men that are more interested in talk and diplomacy for the sake of talk and diplomacy, instead of as a tool to be used against the enemies of the Corsairs.

Taken from - Link

This is your own faction status guys, and you're angry at Corsair players because they are making radical moves and not waiting with actions until final decision is made.

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - Zelot - 01-23-2014

(01-23-2014, 01:55 AM)chase.way Wrote:
Quote:History of the Brotherhood

There are a lot of fellowships among the Corsairs. The Brotherhood proudly claims to be the oldest one. We are a militant group of radical Corsairs who prefer to achieve their goals by force than by using diplomatic ways as the diplomacy has repeatedly proved to be useless and leads to corruption rather than to its intended goals. This is especially true in recent days, where the Council of Elders has proved to be a body of men that are more interested in talk and diplomacy for the sake of talk and diplomacy, instead of as a tool to be used against the enemies of the Corsairs.

Taken from - Link

This is your own faction status guys, and you're angry at Corsair players because they are making radical moves and not waiting with actions until final decision is made.

Read, "preference" We would prefer, this is not always possible. Add to this, it was written at a time when we had internal struggles going on with the Council. It was the Benitez who convinced us to put that aside and come back into the Council, for the good of the Corsairs. Now we cannot just leave the Council and ignore it. Why? Anarchy. Without the Brotherhood in the Council, it literally has no power, which means the Corsair laws have no power and people could be sanctioned for enforcing them. It means that no traders will bring goods to Crete anymore, since they cannot count on not being pirated while they bring their food to us. Who is going to bring anything to Crete if they know that more often than not they will be pirated. What will people think of the Sairs when we start spamming Battleships all over our ZOI. What will this do for the reputation of the Corsairs? Do I personally want TBH in the Council? No, but it os outweighed by my preference to not have the Corsair NPC faction degenerate into anarchy. This is why we say wait for the Council, it stops anarchy. We are in a new situation now, with only TBH as an official faction. Before we could fight against the Council, as we have done many times in the past, but it didn't threaten the stability of the NPC faction. Now it does. And again, we are not angry at players for not listening to the Council, we are angry at players who, without the authority, are ordering other Corsairs to attack people. And yes, pirating is attacking. So, while this is not my preference, due to other factions, namely Sails/OPG and the Benitez, rejecting the responsibilities of official faction status, we are left with little choice.

Mind you, I would have also preferred to keep this within RP, you are the one who chose to take it to an oorp place.

RE: Brotherhood Feedback - Mímir - 01-23-2014

(01-22-2014, 03:59 PM)Brotherhood Elders Wrote: Ill tell you exactly why i have addressed it the way it is. The last image you have posted, has shown me something truly.. bizzare. The guy sent you 30 mill for your silence, infact you have suggested it yourself. And if a corsair is something, he keeps his word - and when you break a corsair's word, you break it for all of us, Honor comes first.

Last minute edit : This is directed to the person in the scene.

(01-23-2014, 10:40 AM)Zelot Wrote: Mind you, I would have also preferred to keep this within RP, you are the one who chose to take it to an oorp place.

This is the only reason I commented here at all, and that was written by someone in your ranks - I presume you?

You chose the oorp, be real.

(01-23-2014, 10:48 AM)Mímir Wrote:
(01-22-2014, 03:59 PM)Brotherhood Elders Wrote: Ill tell you exactly why i have addressed it the way it is. The last image you have posted, has shown me something truly.. bizzare. The guy sent you 30 mill for your silence, infact you have suggested it yourself. And if a corsair is something, he keeps his word - and when you break a corsair's word, you break it for all of us, Honor comes first.

Last minute edit : This is directed to the person in the scene.

(01-23-2014, 10:40 AM)Zelot Wrote: Mind you, I would have also preferred to keep this within RP, you are the one who chose to take it to an oorp place.

This is the only reason I commented here at all, and that was written by someone in your ranks - I presume you?

You chose the oorp, be real.

That is in our feedback thread, which is oorp. How did it get there?